- Volume 18 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Brake Regulation Point to Obey Velocity Limits for Entering Speed Restriction Regions in the Distance to Go System
Distance to Go System에서 속도제한 구간 진입 시 속도준수를 위한 제동제어 시점에 관한연구
Kim, Tae-Kyu;Lee, Jong-Woo
- Received : 2015.07.29
- Accepted : 2015.10.06
- Published : 2015.10.31
Train speed controlling systems are now changing from wayside systems to onboard signaling systems. Locomotive engineers refer to wayside markers to decide on a braking point when the train speed appears to be lower than the current speed. However, in the onboard signaling systems that have been installed recently, the braking point is not determined by the wayside signal but by an onboard value. In this paper, we studied braking points and methods for deciding on such points by engineers using the onboard systems. An optimized braking point is proposed via simulation of decelerating velocity to control the velocity in the signaling system through a predefined point; Gaussian distributions are used to simulate the actual situation. We estimated and demonstrated how to obtain braking parameters in order to satisfy the interval of permitted error.
Onboard signaling system;Distance to go;Wayside makers;Braking point;Gaussian distribution
- M.A. Sangkyun (2014) A study on electrical braking control method for energy efficiency improvement in magnetically levitation train, Proceedings of the Fall Conference Korean Society for Raiway, 1(1), pp. 322-327.
- C.H. Lee, Chleo (2012) A study on the TPS of unmanned vehicle operation using ATO, Proceeding of The Korean Society for Railway, 15(6), pp. 609-615.
- J. Pachl (2002) Railway operation and control, VTD Rail Publishing, 3(1), pp. 26-89.
- S.G. Choi (2009) The control of brake system on the electrical vehicle in railroad, Rolling Stock Engineering, no 135, pp 112-132.
- Alstom, ATC Functional specification, internal no : 65800T6500 902 Y01.
- ERA_ERTMS (2004) Introduction to ETCS braking curves, ERA_ERTMS_040026, 2(1), pp. 8-11.
- Korail human resources development institute (2002) Pneumatic braking, Alstom, pp. 111-119.
- V.A. Profillidis (2006), Railway management and engineering, ASHGATE, pp. 35.
Grant : 속도제한 구간 진입을 위한 최적 제동시점에 관한 연구