- Volume 18 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
A Design Solution for a Railway Switch Monitoring System
분기기 진단 시스템 설계에 관한 연구
- Choo, Eun-Sang ;
- Kim, Min-Seong ;
- Yoo, Heung-Yeol ;
- Mo, Choong-Seon ;
- Son, Eui-Sik ;
- Park, Seongguen ;
- Lee, Jong-Woo
- Received : 2014.05.28
- Accepted : 2015.10.14
- Published : 2015.10.31
The turnout system, which determines the direction of the train, is not only a key system but also a vulnerable system. Failure of this system may lead to a delay of the train or even casualties. In this light, it is necessary to precisely the conditions of the turnout system. Currently, ROADMASTER of Germany is used as a diagnostic system in Korea. However, a new diagnostic system should be developed for optimized operation of the turnout system with maintenance that is suitable for the Korean railway environment. In this paper, a Fault Tree Analysis for the representative faults of the turnout system is conducted and physical quantities, which can be the cause of the fault, are classified according to the component and function. Also, the measuring factors for the monitoring are derived and a decision making theory is suggested. On the basis of the results, we propose a new turnout diagnostic system that can provide more driverse and precise information than the conventional system.
Turnout;Real-time monitoring system;Decision making system;Fault tree analysis
- Australian Rail Track Corporation LDT (2012) The claw lock mechanism installation on turnouts.
- H. Yanagawa (2006) Use of continuous welded rail track with turnouts, Railway Technology Avalanche, No.11, pp. 67.
- R. Quantschnigg (2004) HYDROSTAR Switch operating system main track application, Signal+DRAHT, pp. 33-36.
- Australian Government Publishing Service (1980) Railway Track Design - A Review Research Laboratory.
- C. Busisiwe Vilakazi (2006) Machine condition monitoring using artificial intelligence, Master of Science in Engineering, University of the Witwatersrand.
- W. Allison (2010) In search of perfect points, IRSE, 154, pp. 10.
- M. Pabst (1998) Remote monitoring of point based on effective power dissipation, IEE, London, pp. 1-3.
- J. Lee (2013) A study on cause-consequence analysis of hydraulic switch machine, Proceedings of the Autumn Conference of the Korean Society for Railway, Daegu, pp. 1054-1060.
- M. Kim (2006) A study for investigation and analysis of accidents or hazards on the turnout, Proceedings of Autumn Conference of the Korean Society for Railway, Busan, pp. 20-26.
- R. Chen (2013) Integrated monitoring system for rail damage in high speed railway turnout, Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Digital Manufacturing and Automation, Qingdao, pp. 704-708.
Supported by : 국토교통부