- Volume 18 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Kinematic Modeling of a Track Trolley Using Extended Kalman Filter
확장 칼만필터를 이용한 궤도틀림 트롤리의 운동학적 모형화
Lee, Jun S.;Choi, Il Yoon;Kim, Sun Hee;Um, Ju Hwan
- Received : 2015.03.03
- Accepted : 2015.07.28
- Published : 2015.10.31
Continuous as well as discrete measurement of the track geometry based on a track trolley are investigated to enhance the efficiency of the trolley and to minimize the measurement errors. A new kinematic model based on the track coordinates involving transition and circular curves is developed to improve the accuracy of the measurement; a nonlinear Extended Kalman Filter (EKF) is employed to linearize the governing equations. The proposed model is verified with the ideal track geometry in terms of both discrete and continuous measurement. Comparison with the previous models is also made to prove the applicability of the kinematic model.
Track geometry;Extended Kalman filter;Trolley;Kinematic modeling
- I. Choi, J. Um, J. Lee, S. Kwon (2014) Development of the high speed track measurement system for railway maintenance, 1st year Report, KRRI.
- R. Glaus, G. Peels, U. Muller, A. Geiger (2004) Precise rail track surveying, GPS World, pp. 12-18.
- S. Julier, J. Uhlmann (2004) Unscented filtering and nonlinear estimation, Proceedings of the IEEE, 92(3), pp. 401-422. https://doi.org/10.1109/JPROC.2003.823141
- M. Grewal, A. Andrews (2001) Kalman filtering, Wiley International, New York, pp. 133-145.
- G. Welch, G. Bishop (2006) An introduction to the Kalman filter, TR 95-041, UNC Chapel Hill, pp. 6-11.
- S.P. Kim (2010) Understanding of Kalman Filter, Ajin Pub, pp. 161-191.
- B. Akpinar, E. Gulal (2013) Railway track geometry determination using adaptive Kalman filtering model, Measurement, 46, pp. 639-645. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.measurement.2012.08.023
- M. Shanmugavel (2007) Path planning of multiple autonomous vehicles, Ph.D. Thesis, Cranfield Univ. U.K.
- J. Lee, I. Choi, S. Kim, D. Moon (2015) Kinematic modeling of a track geometry using an unscented Kalman filter, submitted to Measurement.
Supported by : 국토교통부