- Volume 18 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of Optimal Horizontal Alignment Considering Ride Comfort in Renewal of Curved Tracks
곡선부 선형개량 시 승차감을 고려한 최적평면선형 평가
Um, Ju-Hwan;Choi, Il-Yoon;Lee, Jun S.
- Received : 2015.06.09
- Accepted : 2015.09.17
- Published : 2015.10.31
A method of evaluating the optimal alignment range while considering ride comfort when performing line renewal of curved tracks for speed-up is proposed in this study. The proposed method was applied to analyze the optimal renewal range for horizontal alignments with the smallest curve radii in the Kyung-Bu high-speed line; a parametric study on the effects of various initial design conditions on the permissible renewal range and optimal alignment range was also performed. From the analysis results, it was found that the permissible range is enhanced in proportion to the increase in the curve radius and the cant. It was also verified that a slight adjustment of the horizontal alignment enables speed-up even in the case of R7000/R8000, placed in the ballasted track section of the Kyung-Bu high-speed line.
Horizontal alignment;Optimal alignment;Ride comfort;Speed-up
- H. Baluch (1983) Optimation of transition length increase, Rail international, 13(10), pp 13-20.
- Bjorn Kufver (1997) Optimization of single horizontal curves in railway alignments, VTI report 424A
- J.H. Um, E.K. Kim, S.C. Yang (2009) A study on determination method of radius and transition curve length for optimum design in curve, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 12(2), pp 199-204.
- J.H. Um, S.C. Yang, E.K. Kim, I.Y. Choi, et.al(2010) A study on evaluation method of ride comfort considering superimposition of vertical and horizontal curve, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 13(3), pp 309-316.
- J.H. Um, M.C. Kim, I.W. Lee, B.C. Goo (2012) An analytical study on running safety and ride comfort in case of superimposition of vertical and transition curves, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 15(2), pp 172-178. https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2012.15.2.172
- BS EN12299 (2009) Railway applications -Ride comfort for passengers- Measurement and evaluation, EN.
- FACT Deliverable D3(2004), Tracks for tilting trains, FACT Deliverable.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport(2013) Railway construction standard(in Korea).
Supported by : 국토교통부