- Volume 18 Issue 5
The recent trend in transportation planning information is to reduce traffic survey costs and enhance accuracy by using and converging various sources of external data. In Korea, mobile phone data can help generate useful transportation planning information, thanks to the universal use of mobile phones, which are present in a number greater than that of the population. This paper addresses measures to derive trip generation information from mobile phone data and verifies the value of the system for practical use by correlation analysis with KTDB trip generation data. The results show that trip generation information produced by mobile phone data correlates with existing (KTDB) trip generation data.
Mobile phone data;Cell phone data;Trip generation;Trip production;Trip attraction
- KOTI (2013) 2013 Korea Transport Survey and Database, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport.
- KOTI (2012) 2012 Korea Transport Survey and Database, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport.
- K. Kim, I. Lee, H. Kwak, J. Min (2015) Application study of telecommunication record data in floating population estimation, Seoul Studies 16(3), pp. 181-191.
- M. Byun, U. Seo (2011) How to measure daytime population in urban streets?: Case of Seoul pedestrian flow survey, Survey Research, 12(2), pp. 27-50.
- www.kosis.kr (Accessed 15 March 2015).
- www.kcc.go.kr (Accessed 15 March 2015).
Supported by : 한국철도기술연구원