- Volume 53 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Effect of ethanol concentration on the infrared spectroscopic characteristics of silk beads
알코올의 농도에 따른 실크 비드의 적외선 분광 특성
- Received : 2015.09.17
- Accepted : 2015.10.26
- Published : 2015.10.31
The structural transition of silk protein has been induced by various method including alcohol treatment. To know the effect of alcohol concentration on silk beads conformation, silk beads were prepared in different alcohol concentration (100%, 70%, and 50%) and then examined the infrared spectra of silk beads. Silk beads prepared in 100% alcohol showed at
Conformation;Absorption spectra;Domestic silkworm
- Chavidi VP, Bala YS, Chanda LNR, Kokkarachedu VP, Posa S, Subha MCS (2012) Formulation and characterization of sodium alginate g-hydroxy ethylacrylate bio-degradable polymeric beads: in vitro release studies. J Polym Environ 20, 344-350. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10924-011-0401-6
- Cho HY, Baik YA, Jeon SY, Kwak YH, Kweon HY, Jo YY, Lee KG, Park YH, Kang DC (2013) Growth and osteoblastic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells on silk scaffolds. Int J Indust Entomol 27, 303-311. https://doi.org/10.7852/ijie.2013.27.2.303
- Hu X, Kaplan D, Cebe P (2006) Determining beta-sheet crystallinity in fibrous proteins by thermal analysis and infrared spectroscopy. Macromol 39(18), 6161-6170. https://doi.org/10.1021/ma0610109
- Kim J, Kim CH, Park CH, Seo JN, Kweon HY, Kang SW, Lee KG (2010) Comparison of methods for the repair of acute tympanic membrane perforations: silk patch vs paper patch. Wound Rep Regen 18, 132-138. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1524-475X.2009.00565.x
- Kim SK, Jo YY, Lee KG, Lee HS, Yeo JH, Kweon HY (2014) Preparation and characterization of silk beads for protein delivery system. Int J Indust Entomol 28, 66-70. https://doi.org/10.7852/ijie.2014.28.2.66
- Kweon HY, Jo YY, Lee KG, Kim HB, Yeo JH (2014) Silk polymer for medical applications. J Seric Entomol Sci 52, 89-95.
- Kweon HY, Kim SG, An JH, Shim HW, Yang BE, Kim JY, Jo YY, Yeo JH, Lee KG (2010a) Silk fibroin membrane as guided bone regeneration in rat calvarial defects. Int J Indust Entomol 21, 175-179.
- Kweon HY, Yeo JH, Woo SO, Han SM, Jo YY, Lee KG (2010b) Preparation and characterization of silk fibroin nanoparticles. Int J Indust Entomol 20, 25-28.
- Kweon HY, Park YH (1999) Structural and conformational changes of regenerated Antheraea pernyi silk fibroin films treated tith methanol solution. J Appl Polym Sci 73, 2887-2894. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1097-4628(19990929)73:14<2887::AID-APP12>3.0.CO;2-I
- Lee K, Kweon H, Yeo J, Woo SO, Lee YW, Cho CS, Kim KH, Park YH (2003) Effect of methyl alcohol on the morphology and conformational characteristics of silk sericin. Int J Biol Macromol 33, 75-80. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0141-8130(03)00069-2
- Meinel L, Hofmann S, Karageorgiou V, Kirker-Head C, McCool J, Gronowicz G, Zichner L, Langer R, Vunjak-Novakovic G, Kaplan DL (2005) The inflammatory responses to silk films in vitro and in vivo. Biomaterials 26(2), 147-155. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biomaterials.2004.02.047
- Minoura N, Aiba SI, Higuchi M, Gotoh Y, Tsukada M, Imai Y (1995) Attachment and growth of fibroblast cells on silk fibroin. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 208(2), 511-516. https://doi.org/10.1006/bbrc.1995.1368
- Nam J, Park YH (2001) Morphology of regenerated silk fibroin: Effects of freezing temperature, alcohol addition, and molecular weight. J Appl Polym Sci 81, 3008-3021. https://doi.org/10.1002/app.1751
- Seok H, Lee SW, Kim SG, Seo DH, Kim HS, Kweon HY, Jo YY, Kang TY, Lee MJ, Chae WS (2013) The effect of silk mem-brane plus 3% 4-hexylresorcinol on guided bone generation in a rabbit calvarial defect model. Int J Indust Entomol 27, 209-217. https://doi.org/10.7852/ijie.2013.27.1.209
- Silva SS, Motta A, Rodrigues MT, Pinheiro AFM, Gomes ME, Mano JF, Reis RL, Migliaresi C (2008) Novel Genipin-Cross-Linked Chitosan/Silk Fibroin Sponges for Cartilage Engineering Strategies. Biomacromol 9(10), 2764-2774. https://doi.org/10.1021/bm800874q
- Tsukada M (1986) Structural changes induced in tussah silk (Antheraea pernyi) fibroin films by immersion in methanol. J Polym Sci Pt B-Polym Phys 24, 1227-1232.
- Vepari C, Kaplan DL (2007) Silk as biomaterial. Prog Polym Sci 32, 991-1007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.progpolymsci.2007.05.013
- Woo SO, Kweon HY, Um IC, Park YH (2000) Structural characteristics of regenerated Antheraea pernyi silk fibroin treated with ethanol. Korean J Seric Sci 42(2), 114-119.
- Zhao CX, Wu XF, Zhang QA, Yang SQ, Li MZ (2011) Enzymatic degradation of Antheraea pernyi silk fibroin 3D scaffolds and fibers. Int J Biol Macromol 48(2), 249-255. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2010.11.004
Supported by : 농촌진흥청