- Volume 53 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Effect of antioxidation and antibacterial activity on crude extract and Characterization of American Cockroaches (Periplaneta americana L.) in Korea
국내 서식 미국바퀴(Periplaneta americana L.)의 특성 및 추출물의 항산화·항균 효과
- Received : 2015.10.19
- Accepted : 2015.10.26
- Published : 2015.10.31
The American cockroaches, Periplaneta americana L. was the most important worldwide pest species. It has been an public health problems. We were determinated life cycle and extraction of crude extracts by chemical reagents from cockraches (P. americana L.). The extracted crude solution has been antibacterial activity to gram negative bacteria (Pseudomonas aeruginosa,
Cockroache;Blattella germanica;Antioxidant;Antibacterial;Crude extract
- Bell WJ, Adiyodi KG (1981) The american cockroach. Chapman and hall, London.
- Chen X, Feng Y, Zhang H, Chen Z (1994) Review of the nutritive value of edible insects impact of myristic acid versus palmitic acid on serum lipid and lipoprotein levels in healthy women and men. Arteriosclerosis and Throm. 14(4), April.
- Cloarec A, Rivault C, Fontaine F, Leguyader A (1992) Cockroaches as carriers of bacteria in multi-family dwellings. Epidemiol Infect 109, 483-490. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0950268800050470
- Costa-Neto EM (2015) Anthropo-entomophagy in Latin America: an overview of the importance of edible insects to local communities. Journal of Insects as Food and Feed 1, 17-23. https://doi.org/10.3920/JIFF2014.0015
- DeFoliart GR (1989) The human use of insects as food and as animal feed. Bulletin of the Entomological Society of America 35, 22-35. https://doi.org/10.1093/besa/35.1.22
- DeFoliart GR (1999) Insects and food: why the western attitude is important. Annual Review of Entomology 44, 21-50. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.ento.44.1.21
- Durst PB, Hanboonsong Y (2015) Small-scale production of edible insects for enhanced food security and rural livelihoods: experience from Thailand and Lao people’s Democratic Republic. Journal of Insects as Food and Feed 1, 25-31. https://doi.org/10.3920/JIFF2014.0019
- Harada H, Yamashita U, Kurihara H, Fukushi E, Kawaba J, Kamei Y (2002) Antitumor activity of palmitic acid found as a selective cytotoxic substance in a marine red alga. Anticancer Res. 22(5), 2587-2590.
- Pai HH, Chen WC, Peng CF (2005) Isolation of bacteria with antibiotic resistance from household cockroaches (Periplaneta americana and Blattella germanica) Acta Tropica 93, 259-265. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.actatropica.2004.11.006
- Pai HH, Chen WC, Peng CF (2003) Isolation of nontuberculous mycobacteria from nosocomial cockroaches. J Hosp Infect 53, 224-228. https://doi.org/10.1053/jhin.2002.1355
- Ramos-Elorduy J (2006) Threatened edible insects in hidalgo, Mexico and some measures to preserve them. Journal of Ethnobiology and Ethnomedicine 2, 1-10. https://doi.org/10.1186/1746-4269-2-1
- Rivault C, Cloarec A, Le Guyader A (1993) Bacterial load of cockroaches in relation to urban environment. Epidemiol. Infect 110, 317-325. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0950268800068254
- Rust MK, Reierson DA, Hansgen KH (1991) Control of american cockroaches (Dictyoptera: Blattidae) in sewers. Journal of Medical Entomology 28, 210-213. https://doi.org/10.1093/jmedent/28.2.210
- Sohn MH, Kim KE (2012) The cockroach and allergic diseases. Allergy Asthma Immunol Res 4, 264-269. https://doi.org/10.4168/aair.2012.4.5.264
- van Huis A (1996) The traditional use of arthropods in sub-Saharan Africa. Proceedings of the section experimental and applied entomology of the netherlands entomological society 7, 3-20.
- Yen AL (2015) Insects as food and feed in the asia pacific region: current perspectives and future directions. Journal of Insects as Food and Feed 1, 33-55. https://doi.org/10.3920/JIFF2014.0017
- Zhou SW (1982) A history of Chinese entomology. Science Press, Beijing. pp180-186.