- Volume 13 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The effect of the mushrooms extract on the PSA expression in prostate cancer cells
버섯류 추출물이 전립선 암 세포 내 PSA 발현에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2015.08.10
- Accepted : 2015.10.02
- Published : 2015.09.30
Mushroom have long been valued as highly nutritious and tasty foods in many societies throughout the world. It is known for biological activities including anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidative potential. However little is known about anti-cancer property. In this study, we investigated the anti-prostate cancer activity of mushrooms. For that, eight kinds of mushrooms such as, T. matsutake, S. crispa, G. lucidum-US, G. lucidum-AS, C. cardinalis-BR, G. frondosa, P. linteus, U. esculenta were extracted with hot water. Among them, three kinds of mushrooms including T. matsutake, G. lucidum-US and C. militaris-BR extracts inhibited prostate specific antigen (PSA) expression in prostate cancer cell, LNCaP. These results demonstrate that some of mushrooms inhibited PSA expression suggesting that the mushrooms might be a candidate for the treatment of prostate cancer.
- Siegel R, (2011). Cancer statistics, 2011: the impact of eliminating socioeconomic and racial disparities on premature cancer deaths. CA Cancer J Clin. 61: 212-36. https://doi.org/10.3322/caac.20121
- 대한민국 보건복지부 중앙암등록본부. 한국인 전립선암 조사자료 분석 보고서. 2013.
- 보험개발원. 암발생 통계분석. 2015.
- Peracaula R, Tabares G, Royle L, Harvey DJ, Dwek RA, Rudd PM, de Lorens R. 2003. Altered glycosylation pattern allows the distinction between prostate-specific antigen (PSA) from normal and tumor origins. Glycobiol. 13: 457-470. https://doi.org/10.1093/glycob/cwg041
- Kim EJ, Kim JH. 2015. Fibrinolytic, thrombin inhibitory, antioxidative and anti-inflammatory activities of Pleurotus ferulea. J Mushroom 13: 30-36. https://doi.org/10.14480/JM.2015.13.1.30
- Ahn DK. 1992. Medicinal fungi in Korea. Korean Mycol 20: 154-166.
- Kim SY, Shrestha B, Sung GH, Han SK, Sung JM. 2010. Optimum conditions for artificial fruiting body formation of Cordyceps cardinalis. Mycobiolol. 38, 133-136. https://doi.org/10.4489/MYCO.2010.38.2.133
- Yoo JH. 2010. The effect of complex mushroom extracts on the improvement in skin conditions with atopic dermatitis and acne symptoms. Chosun University.
- Hwang YJ, Nam HK, Chang MJ, Noh GW, Kim SH. 2003. Effect of lentinus edodes and pleurotus eryngii extracts on proliferation and apoptosis in human colon cancer cell lines. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 32: 217-222. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2003.32.2.217
Supported by : 농촌진흥청, 연구재단