- Volume 52 Issue 5
Yttria-stabilized zirconia (YSZ)-based micro tubular SOFC single cells were fabricated by electrophoretic deposition (EPD) process. Stable slurries for the EPD process were prepared by adding phosphate ester (PE) as a dispersant in order to control the pH, conductivity, and zeta-potential. NiO-YSZ anode support, NiO-YSZ anode functional layer (AFL), and YSZ electrolyte were consecutively deposited on a graphite rod using the EPD process; materials were then co-sintered at
Solid oxide fuel cells;Micro tubular single cell;Electrophoretic deposition;Slurry;Dispersant
- N.Q. Minh, "Ceramic Fuel Cells," J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 76  563-88 (1993). https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1151-2916.1993.tb03645.x
- S.C. Singhal, "Advances in Solid Oxide Fuel Cell Technology," Solid State Ionics, 135 [1-4] 305-13 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-2738(00)00452-5
- T. Talebi, B. Raissi, M. Haji, and A. Maghsoudipour, "The Role of Electrical Conductivity of Substrate on the YSZ Film Formed by EPD for Solid Oxide Fuel Cell Applications," Int. J. Hydrogen Energy, 35  9405-10 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2010.04.011
- S. M. Majhi, S. K. Behura, S. Bhattacharjee, B. P. Singh, T. K. Chongdar, N. M. Gokhale, and L. Besra, "Anode Supported Solid Oxide Fuel Cells (SOFC) by Electrophoretic Deposition," Int. J. Hydrogen Energy, 36  14930-35 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2011.02.100
- M. H. Chol, J. H. Chol, T. H. Lee, and Y. S. Yoo, "Effect of Microstructure on Mechanical and Electrical Properties in Ni-YSZ of Anode Supported SOFC," Trans. Kor. Hydrogen New Energy Soc., 22  592-98 (2011).
- H. J. Cho and G. M. Choi, "Fabrication and Characterization of Ni-supported Solid Oxide Fuel Cell," Solid State Ionics, 180 [11-13] 792-95 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ssi.2008.12.041
- L. Besra, S. Zha, and M. Liu, "Preparation of NiO-YSZ/YSZ Bi-layers for Solid Oxide Fuel Cells by Electrophoretic Deposition," J. Power Sources, 160  207-14 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2005.12.090
- S. W. Kim, B. H. Lee, Y. B. Son, and H. S. Song, "Preparation of Electrolyte Thin Film on NiO-YSZ Porous Substrate for Solid Oxide Fuel Cells by Electrophoretic Deposition(I)," J. Korean Ceram. Soc., 36  521-30 (1999).
- P. Sarkar, D. De, and H. Rho, "Synthesis and Microstructural Manipulation of Ceramics by Electrophoretic Deposition," J. Mater. Sci., 39  819-23 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1023/B:JMSC.0000012909.46419.0e
- R. N. Basu, C. A. Randall, and M. J. Mayo, "Fabrication of Dense Zirconia Electrolyte Films for Tubular Solid Oxide Fuel Cells by Electrophoretic Deposition," J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 84  33-40 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1151-2916.2001.tb00604.x
- Y. C. Wang, I. C. Leu, and M. H. Hon, Kinetics of Electrophoretic Deposition for Nanocrystalline Zinc Oxide Coatings," J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 87  84-88 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1551-2916.2004.00084.x
- S. Doungdaw, T. Uchikoshi, Y. Noguchi, C. Eamchotchawalit, Y. Sakka, "Electrophoretic Deposition of Lead Zirconate Titanate (PZT) Powder from Ethanol Suspension Prepared with Phosphate Ester," Sci. Tech. Adv. Mater., 6 927-32 (2005). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.stam.2005.09.002
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)