- Volume 3 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Effect of Silica Fume Types on the Mechanical Properties of Ultra-High Performance Concrete
실리카퓸 종류가 초고성능 콘크리트의 공학적 특성에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2015.09.17
- Accepted : 2015.09.25
- Published : 2015.09.30
Ultra high performance concrete (UHPC) uses large quantities of steel fiber, silica fume, filler and superplasticizer for a low water-to-binder ratio (W/B). Despite of exceptional mechanical performances, UHPC exhibits increased viscosity due to the adoption of silica fume and its fabrication cost is costlier than ordinary concrete because of the use of large quantities of expensive materials. Following, this study evaluates the mechanical properties of 180MPa-UHPC using zirconium silica fume (Zr) instead of silica fume with respect to the quantity and type of superplasticizer (SP) and the size of filler. The results reveal that the Zr-UHPC using W/B of 20%, 100% of Zr, amount of SP-L of 2 to 3% and
Silica fume;Zirconium silica fume;Ultra-high performance concrete
- Boulay, C., Rossi, P., Tailhan, J.L. (2004). Uniaxial tensile test on a new cement composite having a hardening behavior, In: Proceeding of Sixth RILEM Symposium in Fiber-reinforced Concretes (FRC), BEFIB, Varenna, Italy.
- Cavill, B., Rebentrost, M., Perry, V. (2006). Ductal(R)-An Ultra-High Performance Material for Resistance to Blasts and Impacts, In 1st Specialty Conference on Disaster Mitigation.
- Koh, K.T., Ryu, G.S., Park, J.J., An, K.H., Kim, S.W., Kang, S.T. (2013). Effects of the composing materials on the rheological and mechanical properties of ultra-high performance concrete (UHPC), RILEM-fib- AFGC International Symposium on Ultra-High Performance Fibre-Reinforced Concrete, 749-756.
- Korea Institute of Civil and Building Technology. (2012). Development of the Advanced Technology of Tougness in Ultra High Performance Concrete for Hybrid Cable Stayed Bridge [in Korean].
- Naaman, A.E., Wille, K. (2012). The Path to Ultra-High Performance Fiber Reinforced Concrete (UHP-FRC) : Five Decades of Progress, Proceedings of Hipermat, 3-16.
- Richard, P., Cheyrezy, M.H. (1994). Reactive Powder Concretes with High Ductility and 200-800MPa Compressive Strength, ACI Spring Convention.
- Richard, P., Cheyrezy, M.H. (1995). Reactive Powder Concrete, Cement and Concrete Research, 25(7).
- Wille, K., Kim D.J., Naaman A.E. (2011). Strain hardening UHP-FRC with low fiber contents, Mater Struct, 44, 583-598. https://doi.org/10.1617/s11527-010-9650-4
- Wille, K., Naaman, A.E., Parra-Montesinos, G.J. (2011). Ultra-high performance concrete with compressive strength exceeding 150MPa (22 ksi): a simpler way, ACI Mater J, 108(6), 46-54.
- Workability and Strength Characteristics of Lathe Scrap Reinforced Cementitious Composites vol.20, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.11112/jksmi.2016.20.6.040
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원