- Volume 5 Issue 2
The purpose of this study was to suggest and prove that service design is not in the dimension of a simply new design methodology, but in the design paradigm change from conventional tangible and visual view of design to the intangible service of design. Based on a variety of literature research, this study defined service design, found its characteristics, and proved its differences from conventional design approaches and thoughts. To do that, this study looked into service design theories, processes, and methodologies, defined quality factor and availability of service design, and user satisfaction, and setup hypotheses to prove them. This study conducted a questionnaire survey with service design firms, service designers, and their customers. The questionnaire data were applied to structural equation to analyze the hypotheses. According to the analysis, reliability, tangibility, assurance, and empathy of the quality factors of service design were accepted, but responsiveness of the factors was rejected. It was found that quality factors positively influenced availability and ended up positively affecting user satisfaction. The quantitative research results will made some suggestions to service design firms and designers in the paradigm change to service-centric design, and will show the importance of understanding the essence of service in terms of design methodology.
Service Design;Service Design Quality;Service Design Availability;User Satisfaction with the Service Design
- 강성길 (2012), 동기부여를 통한 GWP 향상 방안 사례연구, 경복대학교 석사학위논문.
- 김동형 (2011), 서비스 지향성이 고객시민행동에 미치는 영향, 동양대학교 박사학위논문.
- 김미현 (2014), 코클에이션에 기초한 서비스디자인 방법론, 성신여자대학교 석사학위논문.
- 김은경 (2012), 서비스디자인 급진적 혁신 연구: 국내 서비스디자인 산업체 현황을 근거로 한 서비스디자인 연구 방향성, 성신여자대학교 박사학위논문.
- 송경곤 (2012), 산업디자인 서비스 품질 수준 분류에 관한 연구, 중앙대학교 석사학위논문.
- 류혜경 (2004). 기술기반셀프서비스 태도에 관한 연구: 개인특성의 조절효과 이용, 충남대학교 석사학위논문, 1-83.
- 이원식, 표현명 (2012), 서비스디자인 이노베이션, 안그라픽스.
- 이유재 (2000), 고객만족경영의 개념과 실천에 관한 연구, 한국경영학회지, 1(1), 38.
- 이주연 (2010), 한미파슨스의 GWP 조직문화에 관한 연구, 한국 여가웰니스 학회, 1(2), 25-28.
- 예종석 (1995), 한국소비자만족-불만족과 불평 행동에 관한 연구, 경영학연구, l2(1), 12.
- Cronin, J. J. and Taylor, S. A. (1992), "A Measurering Service Quality A Reexamination and Extension", Journal of Marketing, 56, 45-48. https://doi.org/10.2307/1252041
- Davis, Fred D. (1989), "Perceived Usefulness, Perceived Ease of Use, and User Acceptance of information Technology", MIS Quarterly, 21(2), 56.
- Hogan, J., Hogan, R., and Busch, C. M. (1984), "How to Measure Service Orientation", Journal of Applied Psychology, 69(1), 23.
- Kotler, P. (1991), "Marketing management, analysis, Planing, implementation and control", 7th ed., N.Y: Prentice-Hall, Inc.
- Marc Stickdorn, and Jakob Schneider (2011), "This is service design thinking, BIS Publishers."
- Rust, Roland T. and Richard L. Oliver (1994), "Service Quality: Insights and Managerial Implications from the Frontier, in Service Quality: New Directions in Theory and Practice", Roland.
- Moritz, S. (2005), "Service Design-Practical Access to an Evolving Field, working paper", Koln International School of Design.
- Taylor, Steven A. and Thomas L. Baker (1994), "An Assessment of the Relationship Between Service Quality and Customer Satisfaction in the Formation of Consumers' Purchase Intentions", Journal of Retailing, 70, 65. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-4359(94)90029-9
- Zeithamal, V. A. (1996), "Service marketing", New York: McGraw-Hill College.
- Westbrook, R. A. (1984), "The Vicious Circle of Consumer Complaints", Journal of Marketing, 48(2), 45-48.