- Volume 20 Issue 4
We review recent research results on coupled line cameras (CLC) as a new geometric tool to reconstruct a scene quadrilateral from image quadrilaterals. Coupled line cameras were first developed as a camera calibration tool based on geometric insight on the perspective projection of a scene rectangle to an image plane. Since CLC comprehensively describes the relevant projective structure in a single image with a set of simple algebraic equations, it is also useful as a geometric reconstruction tool, which is an important topic in 3D computer vision. In this paper we first introduce fundamentals of CLC with reals examples. Then, we cover the related works to optimize the initial solution, to extend for the general quadrilaterals, and to apply for cuboidal reconstruction.
Coupled line cameras;Geometric computer vision;Geometric reconstruction
- Fischler, M.A. and Bolles, R.C., 1981, Random Sample Consensus: a Paradigm for Model Fitting with Applications to Image Analysis and Automated Cartography, Communications on ACM, 24, pp.381-395. https://doi.org/10.1145/358669.358692
- Maybank, S. and Faugeras, O.D., 1992, A Theory of Self-Calibration of a Moving Camera, Int. J. of Comp. Vision, 8(2), pp.123-151. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00127171
- Zhang, Z., 2000, A Flexible New Technique for Camera Calibration," IEEE Trans. on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, 22(11), pp.1330-1334. https://doi.org/10.1109/34.888718
- Wu, W., Chen, Z. and Jiang, Z.T., 2010, A New Camera Calibration Method based on Rectangle Constraint, Int. Workshop on Intelligent Systems and Applications (ISA 2010), pp.1-4.
- Li, H., Zheng, L., Huang, J., Zhao, C. and Zhao, Q., 2009, Mobile Robot Position Identification with Specially Designed Landmarks, Int. Conf. on Frontier of Computer Science and Technology (FCST 2009), pp.285-291.
- Kim, J.-S. and Kwon, I.S., 2006, Estimating Intrinsic Parameters of Cameras using Two Arbitrary Rectangles, Int. Conf. on Pattern Recognition (ICPR 2006), pp.707-710.
- Lee, J.-H. Lee, J., Lee, A. and Kim, J., 2015, Experiments on Rectangle based Localization of Mobile Robot, In Proc. of 10th Korea Robotics Society Annual Conference.
- Lee, J.-H., 2012, An Analytic Solution to Projector Pose Estimation Problem. ETRI Journal, 34(6), pp.978-981. https://doi.org/10.4218/etrij.12.0212.0089
- Lee, A., Lee, J.-H. and Lee, J.-H., 2014, Sampling-based Control of SAR System Mounted on A Simple Manipulator, Transactions of the Society of CAD/CAM Engineers, 19(4), pp.356-367. https://doi.org/10.7315/CADCAM.2014.356
- Szeliski, R., 2010, Computer Vision: Algorithms and Applications, Springer.
- Hartley, R. and Zisserman, A., 2003, Multiple View Geometry in Computer Vision, Cambridge University Press.
- Lee, J.-H., 2012, Camera Calibration from a Single Image based on Coupled Line Cameras and Rectangle Constraint. In Pattern Recognition (ICPR), 2012 21st International Conference on, pp.758-762.
- Lee, J.-H., 2013, A New Solution for Projective Reconstruction Based on Coupled Line Cameras. ETRI Journal, 35(5), pp.939-942. https://doi.org/10.4218/etrij.13.0213.0087
- Lee, J.-H., 2014, New Geometric Interpretation and Analytic Solution for Quadrilateral Reconstruction. In Pattern Recognition (ICPR), 2014 22nd International Conference on, pp.4015-4020.
- Lee, J.-H., 2014, Single View Reconstruction of Cuboids and Transformation in Perspective, ETRI Technical Report.
Supported by : 한국산업기술평가관리원(KEIT), 정보통신기술진흥센터(IITP)