- Volume 20 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study on Plant Training System Platform for the Collaboration Training between Operator and Field Workers
운전자와 현장조업자의 협동훈련을 위한 플랜트 훈련시스템 플랫폼 연구
- Received : 2015.10.06
- Accepted : 2015.11.11
- Published : 2015.12.01
Operator Training Simulators (OTSs) provide macroscopic training environment for plant operation. They are equipped with simulation systems for the emulation of remote monitoring and controlling operations. OTSs typically provide 2D block diagram-based graphic user interface (GUI) and connect to process simulation tools. However, process modeling for OTSs is a difficult task. Furthermore, conventional OTSs do not provide real plant field information since they are based on 2D human machine interface (HMI). In order to overcome the limitation of OTSs, we propose a new type of plant training system. This system has the capability required for collaborative training between operators and field workers. In addition, the system provides 3D virtual training environment such that field workers feel like they are in real plant site. For this, we designed system architecture and developed essential functions for the system. For the verification of the proposed system design, we implemented a prototype training system and performed experiments of collaborative training between one operator and two field workers with the prototype system.
HMI;ITS;OTS;Plant training system;Virtual reality
- Bang, K.H. and Won, K.Y., 2001, The Specialty of Flight Simulator and Development Trend, Journal of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers, 41(4), pp.58-63.
- Yang, J.Y., 2011, The Cockpit Development for the Reconfigurable Flight Simulator, Journal of The Korean Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences, 39(7), pp.660-665. https://doi.org/10.5139/JKSAS.2011.39.7.660
- Biswal, G.R., 2009, Developing PLC Based Application Software for Augmentation of Argon System & Process Control in Steel Industry, Proceedings of the International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communication and Control, ACM New York, NY, USA, pp.140-146.
- Turton, R., Bailie, R.C., Whiting, W.B., Shaeiwitz, J.A. and Bhattacharyya, D., 2012, Analysis, Synthesis and Design of Chemical Process 4th Edition, Prentice Hall, pp.37-38.
- SimSci Operator Training Simulators (OTS), (http:// software.schneider-electronic.com).
- Manca, D., Brambilla, S. and Colombo, S., 2013, Bridging between Virtual Reality and Accident Simulation for Training of Process-Industry Operators, Advances in Engineering Software, 55, pp.1-9. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.advengsoft.2012.09.002
- Fang, T.H., Oh, J.Y., Hwang, H.J., Kim, B.C. and Mun, D.H., 2011, Development of a 3D Real-Time Visualization System for Ship Handling Simulators Using an Open Source 3D Graphics Engine, Journal of Navigation an Port Research, 35(3), pp.187-195. https://doi.org/10.5394/KINPR.2011.35.3.187
- OGRE - Open Source 3D Graphics Engine, (http://www.ogre3d.org).
- Cha, M.H., Huh, Y.C. and Mun, D.H., 2014, Framework of a Training Simulator for the Accident Response of Large-Scale Facilities, Transactions of the Society of CAD/CAM Engineers, 19(4), pp.423-433. https://doi.org/10.7315/CADCAM.2014.423
- EMCS - Engineering, Monitoring and Control System, Submarine's Onboard Control System, (http://www.industry.siemens.com).
- SIMATIC WinCC - Operator Control and Monitoring Systems, (http://w3.siemens.com).
- Experion SCADA - Control, Monitoring and Safety Systems, (http://www.honeywellprocess.com).
- Salihbegovic, A., Cico, Z., Marinkovic, V. and Karavdic, E., 2008, Software Engineering Approach in the Design and Development of the Industrial Automation Systems, Proceedings of the 2008 International Workshop on Software Engineering in East and South Europe, ACM New York, NY, USA, pp.15-22.
- Cha, M.H., Lee, J.K., Park, S.W. and Choi, B.I., 2009, A Development of Fire Training Simulator Based on Computational Fluid Dynamics Simulation, Transactions of the Society of CAD/ CAM Engineers, 14(4), pp.271-280.
- Santoni, C., Mercantini, J.M., Vieira Turnell, M.F.Q., Scaico, A. and Neto, J.A.N., 2007, A Real-Time Interface Simulator for Operator's Training: A Proposed Architecture, Proceedings of the 2007 Summer Computer Simulation Conference, Society for Computer Simulation International San Diego, CA, USA, pp.460-467.
- Chang, B.M., Cho, S.I. and Moon, I., 1996, Improvement of the Safety of Chemical Process Operation using Operator Training System, Theories and Applications of Chem. Eng., 2(2), pp.3063-3066.
- UNITY - Ultimate Game Development Platform, (http://unity3d.com).
- HAVOK - Game Development Technologies, (http://www.havok.com).
- UNREAL - Complete Suite of Game Development Tools, (http://www.unrealengine.com).
- Anderson, L., Esser, J. and Interrante, V., 2003, A Virtual Environment for Conceptual Design in Architecture, Proceeding of the 9th Eurographics Workshop on Virtual Environments, ACM New York, NY, USA, pp.57-63.
Supported by : 국토교통부