- Volume 20 Issue 4
Currently, a BIM-based quantity takeoff (QTO) system is mainly focused on architectural projects. To perform this, diverse quantity takeoff methods such as an object-based automatic quantity takeoff, manual quantity and base functions of calculation have widely been utilizing. However, since BIM library for road projects includes structural elements associated with alignment, it is necessary to establish cost estimation system interlocked with historical cost using 3D library by each unit length. Accordingly, the aim of this study is to develop cost estimation model with using a historical cost approach so that it can be utilized in construction planning based on the BIM library for road projects. For this, based on the BIM library for road, the standardized quantity is estimated, and a process for calculating historical cost and a verification model with a 5D simulation was developed by mapping a WBS code with each BIM library object. This can be applied during the approximate cost estimation process in a project planning and an initial design phase for road projects. Besides, it is expected that these results will be utilized in constructing an optimal historical cost estimation process for project libraries.
BIM(Building Information Modeling);Library;Takeoff Quantity;Historical Cost;WBS
- Lee, C.J. and Lim, S.H., 2011, A Study on Development of BIM Library for Unit Modular Housing-Focused on Small-sized Urban-lifehousing, Journal of the Korean Housing Association, 23(6), pp.11-20.
- Lee, J.Y., Choi, J.S. and Kim, I.H., 2015, A Study on Schematic Estimation Process using Architectural Object Library based on BIM, Proceedings of Architectural Institute of Korea, 35(1), pp.53-54.
- Choi, D.G. and Kim, J.J., 2014, A Study on Resue 3D MCAD Data for BIM based Library Creation-Focusing on the Mechanical BIM Library, Transactions of the Society of CAD/CAM Engineers, 19(3), pp.263-271. https://doi.org/10.7315/CADCAM.2014.263
- Jun, K.H. and Yun, S.H. 2011, Developing Construction Object Library for BIM based Building Construction Planning, Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea, 27(9), pp.143-151.
- Park, S.H., Kim, H.S. and Yoon, D.Y., 2015, A Study for Automated Division of Composite Walls for Quantity Take-off in Construction Document Phase, Transactions of the Society of CAD/CAM Engineers, 20(2), pp.124-132. https://doi.org/10.7315/CADCAM.2015.124
- Han, J.H. and Nam, S.H., 2011, A Study on the Automated Estimating System using BIM based Library, Journal of Korea Institute of Building Information Modeling, 1(2), pp.12-18.
- Lee, D.G. and Cha, H.S., 2010, Development of BIM Standard Database System for an Approximate Estimate of Old-Aged Apartment Remodeling Project, Journal of Korea Institute of Construction Engineering and Management, 11(5), pp.53-64. https://doi.org/10.6106/KJCEM.2010.11.5.53
- Kwon, O.B., Son, J.H. and Lee, S.H., 2010, Study on the Application of 3D-based BIM for School Facilities to Increase Cost Management Efficiency, Journal of the Korea Institute of Building Construction, 10(6), pp.49-60.
- Chung, S.W. and Kwon, S.W., 2014, Framework of Conceptual Estimation Model for BIM based Internal Finishes of High-rise Building Project, Korean Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 15(2), pp.53-61.
- Lee, J.G., Lee, H.S., Park, M.S. and Jung, M.H., 2013, A Framework Integration Cost and Schedule based on BIM using IFC, Korean Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 14(3), pp.53-64. https://doi.org/10.6106/kjcem.2013.14.3.053
- Moon, H.S. and Ju, K.B., 2014, Development of BIM Library for Civil Structures based on Standardized Drawings-Focused on 2D Standard Drawings of The MOLIT, Transactions of the Society of CAD/CAM Engineers, 19(1), pp.80-90. https://doi.org/10.7315/CADCAM.2014.080
- Jun, K.H. and Yun, S.H., 2011, Developing Construction Object Library for BIM based Building Construction Planning, Journal of Architecture Institute of Korea, 27(9), pp.143-151.
- MOLIT, Standardized Shop Drawings of Culvert, 2008.
- MOLIT, Standardized Shop Drawings of Retaining Wall, 2008.
- MOLIT, National Road Design Practical Guide, 2013.
Grant : BIM/GIS 기반 건설공간정보 융합기술 개발