- Volume 32 Issue 12
Induction heating has been applied to the preheating process in various industrial fields. It has been used as a simple device structure, limiting the heating zone through controlled variables, and free-welding positions. It would be helpful to weld thick plates with arc welding such as GMAW. The induction heating process is well suited to this process. In this study, in order to find suitable induction heating parameters, a simulation was conducted with multi physics S/W. Three kinds of material were heated by induction coils designed specially for thick plate. Consequently, steel and nimonic alloy were the most efficient materials for preheating by induction. It can be concluded that the induction heating process is a good method for preheating the thick plate.
Induction heating;Thick plate;Preheating;Gap
- Kim, H. J. and Kim, B. Y., "Prediction of Preheating Temperature of Steels for Submarine Fabrication," Proc. of the KWJS, Vol. 1, pp. 81-82, 2002.
- Yang, Y. S., Bae, K. Y., and Shin, H. Y., "Effects of Inductor Shape in Steel Forming Process with High Frequency Induction Heating," Journal of the Korean Welding and Joining Society, Vol. 26, No. 4, pp. 76- 76, 2008. https://doi.org/10.5781/KWJS.2008.26.1.076
- Bae, K. Y., Yang, Y. S., Hyun, C. M., Won, S. H., and Cho, K. Y., "Derivation of Simplified Formulas to Predict Deformations of Plate in Steel Forming Process with Induction Heating," Journal of the Korean Welding and Joining Society, Vol. 25, No. 4, pp. 58-64, 2007.
- Ahn, S. D., Cho, Y. T., and Jung, Y. G., "Analysis of Induction Heating according to Coil Shapes on the VGroove Weld Joint," J. Korean Soc. Precis. Eng., Vol. 32, No. 2, pp. 167-172, 2015. https://doi.org/10.7736/KSPE.2015.32.2.167
- Yun, D. Y., Park, H. C., Ham, S. Y., and Koo, J. H., "Thermal-Electromagnetic Coupled Analysis for Gear Heat Treatment using Simultaneous Duel Frequency," J. Korean Soc. Precis. Eng., Vol. 32, No. 6, pp. 563-570, 2015. https://doi.org/10.7736/KSPE.2015.32.6.563
- Park, C. E., "A Development of Automation of Arc Welding Process," Journal of Advanced Engineering and Technology, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp. 315-320, 2008.
Bang, H. S., Oh, C. I., Bang, H. S., Ro, C. S., Lee, Y. K., et al., "The Comparison of the Thermal and Mechanical Characteristic in Butt Joint for Ship Structure Thick Plate AH32 Steel by SAW & Hybrid(
$CO_2$Laser+MIG)Welding," Journal of the Korean Welding and Joining Society, Vol. 26, No. 5, pp. 29-35, 2008. https://doi.org/10.5781/KWJS.2008.26.5.029
- Yunus, A. C., "Heat Transfer: A Practical Approach," MacGraw Hill, New York, 2003.
- Hayt, W. and Buck, J., "Engineering Electromagnetics," McGraw-Hill Korea, 7th Ed., pp. 319-340, 2012.