- Volume 32 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Study on Improvement of Measurement Precision in Digital Image Correlation Measurement Method by Using Subpixel Algorithms
이미지 상관법의 서브 픽셀 알고리즘을 이용한 측정 분해능 향상에 관한 연구
Kim, Seung Jong;Kang, Young Jun;Choi, In Young;Hong, Kyung Min;Ryu, Won Jea
- Received : 2015.01.16
- Accepted : 2015.09.08
- Published : 2015.12.01
Contact type sensors (e.g., displacement sensor and strain gauge) were typically used to evaluate the safety and mechanical properties in machines and construction. However, those contact type sensors have been constrained because of measurement problems such as surface roughness, temperature, humidity, and shape. The Digital Image Correlation (DIC) measurement system is a vision measurement system. This measurement system uses the taken image using a CCD camera and calculates the image correlation between the reference image and the deformed image under external force to measure the displacement and strain rates. In this paper, we discuss methods to improve the measurement precision of the digital image correlation measurement system. A tensile test was conducted to compare the precision improvement effects, by using the universal test machine and the DIC measurement system, with the use of subpixel algorithms, i.e., the Coarse Fine Search (CFS) algorithm and the Peak Finding (PF) algorithm.
Digital image correlation;Sub pixel algorithm;Aluminum 5052;Tensile test;Extensometer
- Bing, P., Kemao, Q., Huimin, X., and Anand, A., "Two-Dimensional Digital Image Correlation for in-Plane Displacement and Strain Measurement: A Review," Measurement Science and Technology, Vol. 20, No. 6, pp. 1-17, 2009.
- Bing, P., Wu, D., and Xia, Y., "Incremental Calculation for Large Deformation Measurement Using Reliability-Guided Digital Image Correlation," Optics and Lasers in Engineering, Vol. 50, No. 4, pp. 586-592, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.optlaseng.2011.05.005
- Hongjian, S., Hongwei, J., Goubiao, Y., and Xiaoyuna, H., "Shape and Deformation Measurement System by Combining Fringe Projection and Digital Image Correlation," Optics and Laser in Engineering, Vol. 51, No. 1, pp. 47-53, 2013.
- Helm, J. D., "Digital Image Correlation for Specimens with Multiple Growing Creaks" Experiment Mechanics, Vol. 48, No. 6, pp. 753-762, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11340-007-9120-2
- Pan, B., Wu, D., and Xia, Y., "An Active Imaging Digital Image Correlation Method for Deformation Measurement Insensitive to Ambient Light," Optics and Laser in Engineering, Vol. 44, No. 1, pp. 204-209, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.optlastec.2011.06.019
- Oh, H. K., Kim, S. T., and Kang, J. W., "A Study of the Strain Measurement for Al 6061-T6 Tensile Specimen Using the Digital Image Correlation," Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol. 28, No. 4, pp. 26-32, 2013.
- David, C., Matteo, A., Lori, G. B., and Surendra, S., "Digital Image Correlation Analysis of Interfacial Debonding Properties and Fracture Behavior in Concrete," Engineering Fracture Mechanics, Vol. 74, No. 1, pp. 109-121, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engfracmech.2006.01.035
- Satoru, C., Akikazu, K., Koji, K., and Hisao, K., "In-Plane Displacement Measurement Using Digital Image Correlation with Lens Distortion Correlation," The Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers. Vol. 49, No. 3, pp. 458-467, 2006.
Supported by : 한국연구재단, 한국에너지기술평가원(KETEP)