- Volume 21 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
시뮬레이션 후 구조화된 자가 디브리핑이 간호대학생의 임상수행능력, 자기효능감 및 교육 만족도에 미치는 효과
The Effects of Structured Self-Debriefing Using on the Clinical Competency, Self-Efficacy, and Educational Satisfaction in Nursing Students after Simulation
- 투고 : 2015.06.03
- 심사 : 2015.08.20
- 발행 : 2015.11.30
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to identify the effects of structured self-debriefing using 3S models on the clinical competency, self-efficacy, and educational satisfaction in nursing students after simulation. Methods: For this study, 76 third-year undergraduate nursing students from S university were invited. They were divided into two groups, which consisted of a self-debriefing (SDG=41) group and an instructor-led debriefing group (ILDG=35). Collected data was analyzed using Chi-square, t-test, and an independent t-test with the PASW statistics 18.0 for Windows Program. Results: Clinical competency was generally high in the SDG, and statistically significant differences between the SDG and the ILDG occurred after simulations 3, 4, and 5. There were no statistically significant differences in self-efficacy and educational satisfaction between the SDG and the ILDG. However, educational satisfaction in the SDG was slightly higher, while self-efficacy was low compared to the ILDG. Conclusion: The results indicate that the method of structured self-debriefing using a 3S model can be effective in improving clinical competency. Further studies need to be investigated.
- Arafeh, J. M., Hansen, S. S., & Nichols, A. (2010). Debriefing in simulated-based learning: Facilitating a reflective discussion. Journal of Perinatal and Neonatal Nursing, 24(4), 302-309. http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/JPN.0b013e3181f6b5ec https://doi.org/10.1097/JPN.0b013e3181f6b5ec
- Boet, S., Bould, M. D., Sharma, B., Revees, S., Naik, V. N., Triby, E., et al. (2013). Within-team debriefing versus instructor-led debriefing for simulation-based education: A randomized controlled trial. Annals of Surgery, 258(1), 53-58. http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/SLA.0b013e31829659e4 https://doi.org/10.1097/SLA.0b013e31829659e4
- Brannagan, K. B., Dellinger, A., Thomas, J., Mitchell, D., Lewis-Trabeaux, S., & Dupre, S. (2013). Impact of peer teaching on nursing students: perceptions of learning environment, self-efficacy, and knowledge. Nurse Education Today, 33(11), 1440-1447. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2012.11.018 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2012.11.018
- Couper, K., & Perkins, G. D. (2013) Debriefing after resuscitation. Current Opinion in Critical Care, 19(3), 188-194. http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/MCC.0b013e32835f58aa https://doi.org/10.1097/MCC.0b013e32835f58aa
- Couper, K., Salman, B., Soar, J., Finn, J., & Perkins, G. D. (2013). Debriefing to improve outcomes from critical illness: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Intensive Care Medicine, 39(9), 1513-1523. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00134-013-2951-7 https://doi.org/10.1007/s00134-013-2951-7
- Fanning, R. M., & Gaba, D. M. (2007). The role of debriefing in simulation-based learning. Simulation in Healthcare, 2(1), 115-125. https://doi.org/10.1097/SIH.0b013e3180315539
- Fey, M. K., Scrandis, D., Daniels, A., & Haut, C. (2014). Learning through debriefing: Students' perspectives. Clinical Simulation in Nursing, 10(5), e249-e256. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ecns.2013.12.009 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecns.2013.12.009
- Field, M., Burke, J. M., McAllister, D., & Lloyd, D. M. (2007). Peer-assisted learning: A novel approach to clinical skills learning for medical students. Medical Education, 41(4), http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2929.2007.02713.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2929.2007.02713.x
- Ha, E. H. (2014). Attitudes toward video-assisted debriefing after simulation in undergraduate nursing students: An application of Q-methodology. Nurse Education Today, 34(6), 978-984. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2014.01.003 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2014.01.003
- Kang, K. H (2004). The development and evaluation of a self-efficacy-based basic life program for high-risk family caregivers. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Seoul National University, Seoul.
- Kardong-Edgren, S. E., Starkweather, A. R., & Ward, L. D. (2008). The integration of simulation into a clinical foundations of nursing course: student and faculty perspectives. International Journal of Nursing Education Scholarship, 5(1), 1-16. http://dx.doi.org/10.2202/1548-923X.1603 https://doi.org/10.2202/1548-923X.1603
- Kim, A. Y., & Park, I. Y. (2001). Construction and validation of academic self-efficacy scale. Korean journal of educational research, 39(1), 95-123.
- Komasawa, N., Sanuki, T., Fujiware, S., Haba, M., Ueki, R., Kaminoh, Y., et al. (2014). Significance of debriefing methods in simulation-based sedation training courses for medical safety improvement in Japan. Springerplus, 3, 637. http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/2193-1801-3-637 https://doi.org/10.1186/2193-1801-3-637
- Korean Accreditation Board of Nursing Education. (2014). Nursing education accreditation assessment standards for universities. Seoul: Korean Accreditation Board of Nursing Education.
- Korean Nurses Association. (2015). Hospital status. Retrieved May 20, 2015, from the Web site: http://www.koreanurse.or.kr/resources/hospital_stats.php
- Korea Society for Simulation in Healthcare. (2010). Manual of simulation in healthcare, Seoul: Yedang Books.
- Lindon-Morris, E., & Laidlaw, A. (2014). Anxiety and self -awareness in video feedback. Clinical Teacher, 11(3), 174-178. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/tct.12103 https://doi.org/10.1111/tct.12103
- Linton, D. L., Pangle, W. M., Wyatt, K. H., Powell, K. N., & Sherwood, R. E. (2014). Identifying key futures of effective active learning: The effects of writing and peer discussion. CBE Life Sciences Education, 13(3), 469-477. http://dx.doi.org/ 10.1187/cbe.13-12-0242 https://doi.org/10.1187/cbe.13-12-0242
- Overstreet, M. (2010). Ee-chats: The seven components of nursing debriefing. Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing, 41(2), 538-539. http://dx.doi.org/10.3928/00220124-20101122-05 https://doi.org/10.3928/00220124-20101122-05
- Owen, A. M., & Ward-Smith, P. (2014). Collaborative learning in nursing simulation: Near-peer teaching using standardized patients. Journal of Nursing Education, 53(3), 170-173. http://dx.doi.org/10.3928/01484834-20140219-04 https://doi.org/10.3928/01484834-20140219-04
- Page-Cutrara, K. (2014). Use of prebriefing in nursing simulation: A literature review. Journal of Nursing Education, 53(3), 136-141. http://dx.doi.org/10.3928/01484834-20140211-07 https://doi.org/10.3928/01484834-20140211-07
- Rudolph, J. W., Foldy, E. G., Robinson, T., Kendall, S., Taylor, S. S., & Simon, R.(2013). Helping without harming: The instructor's feedback dilemma in debriefing-A case study. Simulation in Healthcare, 8(5), 304-316. http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/SIH.0b013e318294854e https://doi.org/10.1097/SIH.0b013e318294854e
- Ryoo, E. N., Ha, E. H., & Cho, J. Y. (2013). Comparison of learning effects using high-fidelity and multi-mode simulation: An application of emergency care for a patient with cardiac arrest. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 43(2), 185-193. http://dx.doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2013.43.2.185 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2013.43.2.185
- Schlessel, J. S., Rappa, H. A., Lesser, M., Rogge, D., Ennis, R., & Mandel, L. (1995). CPR knowledge, self-efficacy, and anticipated anxiety as functions of infant/child CPR training. Annals of Emergency Medicine, 25(5), 618-623. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0196-0644(95)70174-5 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0196-0644(95)70174-5
- Welke, T. M., LeBlanc, V. R., Savoldelli, G. L., Joo, H. S., Chandra, D. B., Crabtree, N. A., et al. (2009) Personalized oral debriefing versus standardized multimedia instruction after patient crisis simulation. Anesthesia and Analgesia, 109(1), 183-189. http://dx.doi.org/10.1213/ ane.0b013e3181a324ab https://doi.org/10.1213/ane.0b013e3181a324ab
- White, P., Rowland, A. B., & Pesis-Katz, I. (2012). Peer-led team learning model in a graduate-level nursing course. Journal of Nursing Education, 51(8), 471-475. http://dx.doi.org/10.3928/01484834-20120706-03 https://doi.org/10.3928/01484834-20120706-03
- Wotton, K., Davis, J., Button, D., & Kelton, M. (2010). Third-year undergraduate nursing students' perceptions of high-fidelity simulation. Journal of Nursing Education, 49(11), 632-639. http://dx.doi.org/10.3928/01484834-20100831-01 https://doi.org/10.3928/01484834-20100831-01
- Yoo, M. S. (2001). Development of standardized patient managed instruction for a fundamentals of nursing course. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Yonsei University, Seoul.
- Zentz, S. E., Kurtz, C. P., & Alverson, E. M. (2014). Undergraduate peer-assisted learning in the clinical setting. Journal of Nursing Education, 53(3), S4-S10. http://dx.doi.org/10.3928/01484834-20140211-01 https://doi.org/10.3928/01484834-20140211-01
- The Effects of Clinical Convergence Self-directedness Practice Learning Program on Self-directedness and Competency in Fundamental Nursing Skills in Undergraduate Nursing Students vol.7, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.4.051
- Effect of Debriefing Based on the Clinical Judgment Model on Simulation Based Learning Outcomes of End-of-Life Care for Nursing Students: A Non-Randomized Controlled Trial vol.47, pp.6, 2017, https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2017.47.6.842
- Effect of Team Debriefing in Simulation-based Cardiac Arrest Emergency Nursing Education vol.29, pp.6, 2017, https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2017.29.6.667
- A Structural Model on the Nursing Competencies of Nursing Simulation Learners vol.48, pp.5, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2018.48.5.588