- Volume 24 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
An Empirical Study of Nature-based Ecotourism Motivation on Ecotourism Destination Image and Satisfaction
자연기반 생태관광 동기가 관광지 이미지와 만족에 미치는 영향 : 우포늪 생태관광지를 중심으로
Lee, Riu;Lee, Soo-Hyung;Moon, Sun-Jung
- Received : 2015.09.09
- Accepted : 2015.10.26
- Published : 2015.11.30
The purpose of this study is to describe how nature-based ecotourism motivation of ecotourists influences destination image and satisfaction of ecotourists. In order to achieve the above purposes, the study carried out a literature study and an empirical analysis. Based on the obtained data through the literature study, the study designed a model for the empirical study. The results of this study are as follows. First, returns to nature, knowledge. fitness and escape as ecotourism motivation of ecotourist had a positive effect on each ecotourism destination image, such as cognitive and affective image. However, effect of novelty on cognitive image for destination had not significant results. Second, ecotourism destination image, such as cognitive and affective image, had a positive effect on ecotourism satisfaction of ecotourists. The results of the article provide implications for strategies for promoting ecotourism destination and suggest some guidelines for the eco-education of tourists.
Ecotourists;Nature-based ecotourism motivation;Ecotourism destination image;Satisfaction
- Blamey, R. K., 2001, Principles of Ecotourism. The Encyclopedia of Ecotourism, edited by David Weaver. Wallingford, UK:CABI, 5-22.
- Chung, K. H., Shin, J. I., Hwang, I. H., 2006, A Study on the Antecedents and Consequents of Overseas Destination Image, Journal of Marketing Studies, 14(3), 29-55.
- Dann, G. M. S., 1981, Tourist Motivation: An Appraisal, Annals of Tourism Research, 8(2), 187-219. https://doi.org/10.1016/0160-7383(81)90082-7
- Davis, W. A., 1989, Tourists show their concern for world's ecology, Boston Globe, November, 26, A21.
- Dobni, D., Zinkhan, G. M., 1990, In search of brand image: a foundation analysis, Advances in consumer research, 17(1), 110-119.
- Ham, S. J., Kim, S. H., 2007, A Study on Tourism Motives and Image of Gangwon-do by Residents in Metro -politan Area, International Journal of Toursim and Hospitality Research, 21(3), 409-425.
- Jeong, J. M., Oh, J. H., 2013, A Study on the Wetland User's Eco-consciousness and Preference of Amenities : Focused on Upo March Users, Journal of Korea Society for Environmental Restoration and Reve -getation Technology, 16(6), 77-91. https://doi.org/10.13087/kosert.2013.16.6.077
- Kang, J. J., Song, J. H., Yang, S. G., 2003, Structural Relationship among the Tourist Motivation, the Destination Image, and the Revisit Intention, Korean Journal of Tourism Research, 26(4), 221-238.
- Alder, J., 1990, Soft Adventures Easy on Tourists, Los Angeles Times, January.
- Beerli, A., Martin, J. D., 2004, Factors influencing desti -nation image, Annals of Tourism Research, 31(3), 657-681. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.annals.2004.01.010
- Kang, M. H., 1999, Ecotourists' Travel Motivations and Attitudes in Korea : Scales Development and Compa-rative Analysis on Tourists Groups, Seoul National Univ, Doctoral Dissertation.
- Kang, M. H., Kim N. J., Choi, S. D., 2002, Identification of Ecotourists' Distinctive Characteristics by comparing with Mass Tourist : Focusing on Travel Motivations and Attitudes, Korean Journal of Tourism Research, 17(2), 157-172.
- Kim, D. K., Choi, Y. J., Yoon, J. E., 2004, A Study on the Influence of Destination Image through Tourism Motivation on Tourist Satisfaction: With Focus on Japanese Tourists to Busan, Korean Journal of Tourism Research, 28(2), 95-111.
- Kim, I. J., Park, S. Y., 2012, The Study on the Impact of Tourism Motivation and Tourism Image about Behavioral Intention-Focused on Mediated Effect of Tourism Image, Journal of Tourism Management Research, 16(4), 75-92.
- Kim, J. E., 2005, Consumer Behavior. Hyungseolsa.
- Kim, K. Y., 2009, Influence of Motive and Image of Participants in Aviation Festival toward Satisfaction : Concerned on Participants of '2009 International Sky Leisure Expo', Myungi Univ, Master's Thesis.
- Korea Tourism Organization, 1992, Tourism Information.
- Krider, R. E., Arguello, A., Campbell, C., Mora, J. D., 2010, Trait and Image Interaction: In Ecotourism Preference, Annals of Tourism Research, 37(3), 779-801. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.annals.2010.01.009
- Lee, H., 2005, An Analysis for the Change of Attitude and Destination Image that Korean Overseas Tourists Recognize : Targeting Korean Tourists Who visit Australia, Sejong Univ, Master's Thesis.
- Lee, J. J., 2006, A Frame Study of Participants' Motivation in Local Festivals : Focus in 6 Factors of Participants' Motivation, Chonnam National Univ, Doctoral Dissertation.
- Lin, C. H., Morais, D. B., Kerstetter, D. L., Hou, J. S., 2007, Examining the Role of Cognitive and Affective Image in Predicting Choice Across Natural, Developed, and Theme-Park Destinations, Journal of Travel Research, 46(2), 183-194. https://doi.org/10.1177/0047287506304049
- Luo, Y., Deng, J., 2008, The new environmental paradigm and nature-based tourism motivation, Journal of Travel research, 46(4), 392-402. https://doi.org/10.1177/0047287507308331
- McIntosh, R. W., Goeldner, C. R., 1990, Tourism Principles, Practices, and Philosophies(6th ed), John Wiley & Sons Inc.
- Musa, G., Thirumoorthi, T., Doshi, D., 2010, Travel behaviour among inbound medical tourists in Kuala Lumpur, Current Issues in Tourism, 15(6), 525-543.
- Orams, M. B., 1995, Towards a more desirable form of ecotourism, Tourism Management, 16(1), 3-8. https://doi.org/10.1016/0261-5177(94)00001-Q
- Park, C. W., 2008. Korean Tourists' Motivation and Market Segmentation. Productivity Review, 22(2), 187-210.
- Park, H. Y., Yang, H. J., 2006, A Study on the Market Segmentation of Eco-tourism : Focused on Ecotourists of the Kanghwa Tidal Flat. Journal of Tourism Management Research, 10(1), 137-159.
- Park, T. J., Sohn, K. Y., 2004, Structural Relationships among Travel Motivation, Destination Image, Tourist Expectation, Satisfaction, and Loyalty, Journal of Tourism Sciences, 28(3), 65-83.
- Pike, S., Ryan, C., 2004, Destination positioning analysis through a comparison of cognitive, affective, and cognitive perception, Journal of Travel Research, 42(5), 333-342. https://doi.org/10.1177/0047287504263029
- Prayag, G., 2009, Tourists' Evaluations of Destination Image, Satisfaction, and Future Behavioral Intentions: The Case of Mauritius, Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing, 836-853.
- Roh, Y. H., 2004, The Determinant Factors of Ecotourists' Satisfaction and Behavior Responses, Kyungpook National Univ, Doctoral Dissertation.
- Roh, Y. H., Lim C. K., 2006, Ecotourists' Satisfaction and Behavioral Intentions - Focusing on Gwangnung Botanical Garden, Journal of Business Research, 21(4), 175-201.
- Ryle, R., Grasse, T., 1991, Marketing Ecotourism: Attracting the Elusive Ecotourist, Nature Tourism, Washington, DC: Island Press.
- Sohn, D. H., 1996, Ecotourism Marketing, Seoul. Ilsinsa.
- Wang, C., Hsu, M. K., 2010, The Relationships of Desti -nation Image, Satisfaction, and Behavioral Intentions: An Integrated Model, Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing, 829-843.
- Weaver, D. B., 2005, Comprehensive and Minimalist Dimensions of Ecotourism, Annals of Tourism Research, 32(2), 439-455. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.annals.2004.08.003
- Zajon, R. B., Markus, H., 1982, Affective and Cognitive Factors in Preferences, Journal of Consumer Research, 9(2), 121-132.
- Baloglu, S. McCleary, K. W., 1999, A model of desti -nation image formation, Annals of Tourism Research, 26(4), 868-897. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0160-7383(99)00030-4
- A research on recognition and demand of urban residents about introduction of mountain ecotourism vol.14, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1080/21580103.2018.1448898
Supported by : 경북대학교