- Volume 16 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Advanced Time-Cost Trade-Off Model using Mixed Integer Programming
혼합정수 프로그래밍 기법을 이용한 진보된 Time-Cost Trade-Off Model
- Received : 2015.06.04
- Accepted : 2015.08.26
- Published : 2015.11.30
Time-Cost Trade-Off (TCTO) model is an important model in the construction project planning and control area. Two types of Existing TCTO model, continuous and discrete TCTO model, have been developed by researchers. However, Using only one type of model has a limitation to represent a realistic crash scenario of activities in the project. Thus, this paper presents a comprehensive TCTO model that combines a continuous and discrete model. Additional advanced features for non-linear relationship, incentive, and liquidated damage are included in the TCTO model. These features make the proposed model more applicable to the construction project. One CPM network with 6 activities is used to explain the proposed model. The model found an optimal schedule for the example to satisfy all the constraints. The results show that new model can represent more flexible crash scenario in TCTO model.
Project Schedule;Optimization Model;Time-Cost Trade-Off Mode
- Baker, B.M. (1997). "Cost/time trade-off analysis for the critical path method: A derivation of the network flow approach" J. Operational Res., 48(12), pp. 1241-1244. https://doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.jors.2600489
- Demeulemeester, E., De Reyck, B., Foubert, B., Herroelen, W., and Vanhoucke, M. (1998). "New computational results on the discrete time/ cost trade-off problem in project networks" J. Operational Res., 49(11), pp. 1153-1163. https://doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.jors.2600634
- Feng, C. W., Liu, L., and Burns, S. A. (1997). "Using genetic algorithms to solve construction time-cost trade-off problems" J. Comp. in Civ. Engrg., 11(3), pp. 184-189. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0887-3801(1997)11:3(184)
- Feng, C. W., Liu, L., and Burns, S. A. (2000). "Stochastic construction time-cost trade-off analysis" J. Comp. in Civ. Engrg., 14(2), pp. 117-126. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0887-3801(2000)14:2(117)
- Hegazy, T. (1999). "Optimization of construction timecost trade-off analysis using genetic algorithms" Can. J. Civ. Engrg., 26(6), pp. 685-697. https://doi.org/10.1139/l99-031
- Hegazy, T. and Ersahin, T. (2001). "Simplified spreadsheet solutions. II: Overall schedule optimization" J. Constr. Engrg. And Mgmt., 127(6), pp. 469-475. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9364(2001)127:6(469)
- Hegazy, T. and Ayed, A. (1999). "Simplified spreadsheet solutions: Models for critical path method and Time-Cost-Tradeoff analysis" Cost Engrg., 41(7), pp. 26-33.
- Khang, D. B. and Myint, Y. M. (1999). "Time, cost and quality trade-off in project management: A case study" Int. J. Proj. Mgmt., 17(4), 249-256. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0263-7863(98)00043-X
- Kim, M. J., Park, M. S., Lee, H. S., Lee, J. H., and Lee, K. P. (2015) "Development of Manufacturing Planning for Multi Modular Construction Project based on Genetic-Algorithm" Korean journal of Construction Engineering and Management, KICEM, 16(5), pp. 54-64.
- Leu, S. S. and Yang, C. H. (1999) "GA-based multicriteria optimal model for construction scheduling" J. Constr. Engrg. And Mgmt., 125(5), 420-427. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9364(1999)125:6(420)
- Leu, S. S., Chen, A.T., and Yang, C. H. (2001). "GAbased fuzzy optimal model for construction timecost trade-off" Int. J. Proj. Mgmt., 19(1), pp. 47-58. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0263-7863(99)00035-6
- Li, H., Cao, J. N., and Love, P. (1999). "Using machine learning and GA to solve time-cost trade-off problems" J. Constr. Engrg. And Mgmt., 125(5), pp. 347-353. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9364(1999)125:5(347)
- Li, H. and Love, P. (1997). "Using improved genetic algorithms to facilitate Time-Cost optimization" J. Constr. Eng. Manage, 123(3), pp. 233-237. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9364(1997)123:3(233)
- Liu, L., Burns, S. A., and Feng, C. W. (1995). "Construction Tim-Cost Trade-Off Analysis Using LP/IP Hybrid Method" J. Constr. Engrg. And Mgmt., 121(4), pp. 446-454. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9364(1995)121:4(446)
- Perera, S. (1980), "Linear Programming Solution to Network Compression", ASCE Journal of the Construction Division, 106, pp. 315-327.
- Ryu, H. G. and Kim, T. H. (2011) "Analysis of Boundary Conditions for Activities' Relationships in Linear Scheduling Model" Korean journal of Construction Engineering and Management, KICEM, 12(1), pp. 23-32.
- Stevens, J. D. (1990). Techniques for construction network scheduling. McGraw-Hill, New York.
- Winston, W (1997). Operations Research Applications and Algorithms.
- Hamdy A. Taha "Operations Research An Introduction" 4th Edition.
- Simplifying the nonlinear continuous time-cost tradeoff problem vol.30, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11424-017-5175-z
Supported by : 한국연구재단