- Volume 4 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Modeling Traceability Between Software Product Line Requirements and Architecture
소프트웨어 제품 라인의 요구사항과 아키텍처 간 추적성 모델링
Eom, Seokhwan;Kang, Sungwon;Kim, Jingyu;Lee, Seonah
- Received : 2015.07.03
- Accepted : 2015.08.18
- Published : 2015.11.30
Traceability enables software developers to trace up the changes occurring in software artifacts. In software product line, traceability is more complex than traceability in a single product as commonality and variability should be considered. Modeling traceability between features and requirements has been proposed in the past. However, traceability between requirements and architecture has more factors to consider, including many-to-many mappings and hierarchical structure of architectures. This paper proposes a method of systematically constructing platform traceability between platform requirements and platform architecture. This paper also shows the efficacy of the proposed mechanism through case studies.
Software Product Line;Traceability;Platform;Requirements;Architecture;PFML;PLDT
- N. Anquetil, U. Kulesza, R. Mitschke, A. Moreira, J. C. Royer, A. Rummler, and A. Sousa. 2010. "A model-driven traceability framework for software product lines," Software & Systems Modeling, 9(4), (27, June): 427-451. doi:10.1007/s10270-009-0120-9. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10270-009-0120-9
- J. Bayer and T. Widen, "Introducing traceability to product lines," Product Family Engineering (PFE 2002), Bilbao, Spain, pp.127-147, 2002.
- K. Berg and D. Muthig, "Critical analysis of using feature models for variability management," Technical Report. University of Pretoria, May, 2005. [Internet], http://polelo.cs.up.ac.za/personal-pages/kathrin/index.
- H. Gomaa, "Designing software product lines with UML: from use cases to pattern-based software architectures," Addison Wesley, 2004.
- S. Kang, "A Formal Approach to Modeling Traceability between Platform-level Features and Requirements in Software Product Line Engineering," KAIST MS Thesis, Computer Science, Feb., 2011.
- K. Kang, S. Kim, J. Lee, K. Kim, G. J. Kim, and E. Shin., "FORM: A feature-oriented reuse method with domainspecific reference architectures," Annals of Software Engineering, Vol.5, pp.143-168, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1018980625587
- S. Kang, J. Kim, S. Kang, and S. Eom, "A Formal Representation of Platform Feature-to-Requirement Traceability for Software Product Line Development," The 38th International Computer Software and Applications Conference, (COMPSAC 2014), Sweden 21-25 July, 2014.
- S. D. Kim, S. H. Chang and H. J. La, "Traceability Map: Foundations to Automate for Product Line Engineering," SERA, pp.340-347, 2005.
- A. J. Lattanze, "Architecting Software Intensive Systems: A Practitioner's Guide," Auerbach Publications, 2009.
- K. Pohl, G. Bockle, and F. V. D. Linden, "Software product line engineering: Foundations, Principles, and Techniques," Springer, 2005.
- B. Ramesh and M. Jarke, "Toward reference models for requirements traceability," IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, Vol.27, pp.58-93, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/32.895989
- A. Sousa, Kulesza, U., Rummler, A., Anquetil, N., Moreira, R. M. A., Amaral, V., and Araujo, J. A., "A model-driven traceability framework to software product line development," ECMDA Traceability Workshop (ECMDA-TW) 2008 Proceedings, Sintef, Trondheim, pp.97-109. 2008.