- Volume 4 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Data Modeling Method of NETCONF Protocol's Content Layer Applying VTD-XML
VTD-XML을 적용한 NETCONF 프로토콜 Content 계층의 데이터 모델링 기법
- Received : 2015.08.21
- Accepted : 2015.10.02
- Published : 2015.11.30
It is appropriate to use the NETCONF to monitor and manage today's complex networks that are composed of variety links and heterogeneous equipment. Since the first standard of the NETCONF are launched, there have been several revisions, but disadvantages of each layer capabilities is still present and the most typical disadvantage is XML document processing efficiency of the Content layer. In this paper, we perform data modeling by constructing a sub-tree based on the dependencies between Content layer data, and suggest method of extract efficiently data from XML by applying the extended VTD-XML technique for the XPath query. We performs experiment to compare NETCONF in proposed method to NETCONF in previous studies and NETCONF standard. we validate superiority of improved NETCONF in the paper. As experimental results, we verify that improved NETCONF is better than the other two NETCONF each 4% and 10% in terms of query processing rate, and faster than each 3.9 seconds and 10.4 seconds in terms of query processing speed.
- K. H. Shin, and H. C. Kang, "Subtree-based XML Storage and XPath Processing," The KSII Transactions on Internet and Information System, Vol.4, No.5, pp.877-894, 2010.
- C. Subhashini and A. Arya, "A Framework For Extracting Information From Web Using VTD-XML's XPath," International Journal on Computer Science and Engineering, Vol.4, No.3, pp.463-468, 2012.
- X. Lan, J. Su, and J. Cai, "VTD-XML-Based Design and Implementation of GML Parsing Project," Information Engineering and Computer Science, DOI: 10.1109/ICIECS.2009.5363857, pp.1-5. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICIECS.2009.5363857
- M. J. Choi, et al., "XML-based Configuration Management for IP Network Devices," IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol.41, No.7, pp.84-91, 2004.
- Yang [Internet], http://www.netconfcentral.org/static/slides /yangtutorial/yang_getting_s24tarted2.html
- Y. Chang and D. Xiao, "Design and Implementation of NETCONF-Based Network Management System," FGCN '08. Second International Conference on, DOI: 10.1109/FGCN.2008.121, pp.256-259, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/FGCN.2008.121
- J. Huang, B. Zhang, G. Li, X. Gao, and Yan Li, "Challenges to the New Network Management Protocol-NETCONF," Education Technology and Computer Science, ETCS '09. First International Workshop on, pp.832-836, 2009.
- S. M. Yoo, "Performance Improvement Methods for NETCONF-Based Configuration Management," Computer Science, pp.242-252, 2006.
- J. Schonwalder and M. Bjorklund, "Network configuration management using NETCONF and YANG," IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol.48, No.9, pp.166-173, 2010.
- J. Yu and I. Al, "An Empirical Study of the NETCONF Protocol," IEEE Computer Society Magazine, pp.253-258. 2010.
- M. S. Lee, "Improved Performance of network configuration management and System base on NETCONF," Korea Communication Science Society Journal, Vol.48, No.9, pp.787-790, 2008.
- E. Apostolos Nikolaidis, et al., "Management Traffic in Emerging Remote Configuration Mechanisms for Residential Gateways and Home Devices," IEEE Communications. Magazine, Vol.43, Issue 5, pp.154-162, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/MCOM.2005.1453438
- Y. M. Lee and J. K. Lee, "Development Renewal Method for Device Configuration Data of NETCONF Protocol considered Multiple Network Managers," IEEK Summer Conference, Paper CD, 2013
- Y. M. Lee and J. K. Lee, "Improving and Optimizing the Operation Layer Algorithm of NETCONF Protocol," International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications, DOI: 10.1109/WAINA.2014.79, pp.449-455, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/WAINA.2014.79
- Y. M. Lee, M. Y. Cha, and J. K. Lee, "Development of Update Methods for Configuration Data of NETCONF Protocol considering Multiple Network Administrators," Journal of Korean society for Internet Information, Vol.14, Issue 5, 2013.
- Y. Gao. B. Zhang, G. Li, and Y. Li. "The comparison and analysis of tree data model and table-like data model based on NETCONF," Informatics in Control, Automation and Robotics(CAR), International Asia Conference, Vol.2, pp. 75-78, 2010.
- M. Golling, R. Koch, P. Hillmann, R. Hofstede, and F. Tietze, "YANG2UML: Bijective transformation and simplification of YANG to UML," Network and Service Management (CNSM), 10th International Conference, DOI: 10.1109/CNSM.2014.7014179. pp.300-303, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/CNSM.2014.7014179
Supported by : 한국연구재단