- Volume 15 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
The Knowledge & Attitude on Tuberculosis for the Nursing Students in Daejeon, South Korea and Yanbien, China
한국과 중국 일 도시 간호 대학생의 결핵에 대한 지식과 태도
- 이인숙 (한남대학교 간호학과)
- Received : 2015.09.23
- Accepted : 2015.10.26
- Published : 2015.11.28
The purpose of this study is to investigate the knowledge and attitude on tuberculosis for the nursing students in Daejeon, South Korea and Yanbien, China. A descriptive study was conducted. Data were collected from April to July of 2015 in each college and a total of 175 students assigned to 107 in Daejeon and 68 in Yanbien participated in the study. The data were analyzed by using the SPSS 21.0. There was no significant difference in knowledge and attitude on tuberculosis between the two groups. According to the results, in both groups, the mean score of knowledge and attitude was very low. In both groups, the correlation among knowledge, attitude and educational experience about tuberculosis was positive. In Daejeon nursing students, the attitude and gender explained about 15.3% and in Yanbien students, the attitude, grade explained about 40.2% in knowledge on tuberculosis. In Daejeon nursing students, the knowledge, health interest and educational experience explained about 23.5% and in Yanbien students, the knowledge and health interest explained about 23.9% in attitude on tuberculosis. Based on these findings, education which can guide nursing students to have correct information and positive attitude should be designed to manage tuberculosis infection. Therefore, it would be utilized in tuberculosis management education effectively for them.
- World Health Organization. Global Tuberculosis Report [Internet]. Geneva; 2014 [cited 2015 May, 11]. Available from: http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/137094/1/9789241564809_eng.pdf.
- Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Annual Report on the Notified Tuberculosis in Korea 2012. Seoul: Korean Institute of Tuberculosis; 2013 August. Report No.: 11-1351159-000012-10.
- X. H. Wang, A. G. Ma, X. X. Han, H. Liang, D. Wang, E. Schouten, and F. Kok, "Survival and associated mortality risk factors among post-treatment pulmonary tubercolosis patients in the northwest of China," European Review for Medical and Pharmacological Sciences, Vol.19, No.11, pp.2016-2025, 2015.
- 보건복지통계연보, 2014.
- J. O. Kang, "Occupational Infections of Health Care Personnel in Korea," Hanyang Medical Reviews, Vol.31, No.3, pp.200-210, 2011. https://doi.org/10.7599/hmr.2011.31.3.200
- T. V. Mussi, M. C. Traldi, and J. N. Talarico, "Knowledge as a factor in vulnerability to tuberculosis among nursing students and professionals," Revista da Escola de Enfermagem da USP, Vol.46, No.3, pp.696-703, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1590/S0080-62342012000300023
- S. Y. Hong, Y. S. Kwon, and H. S. Park, "Nursing Students' Awareness and Performance on Standard Precautions of Infection Control in the Hospital," The Journal of Korean academic society of nursing education, Vol.18, No.2, pp.293-302, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2012.18.2.293
- Y. H. Sung and H. G. Nam, "The Study of the Knowledge and Performance of Nursing Students for the Nosocomial Infection Control," Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing, Vol.15, No.1, pp.40-48, 2006.
- S. J. Kim and J. Kang, "Emergency Nurses' Perception and Performance of Tuberculosis Infection Control Measures," The Korean journal of fundamentals of nursing, Vol.17, No.3, pp.351-361, 2010.
- S. Akin, G. Gorak, S. Unsar, M. Mollaoglu, K. Ozdilli, and Z. Durna, "Knowledge of and attitudes toward tuberculosis of Turkish nursing and midwifery students," Nurse Education Today, Vol.31, No.8, pp.774-779, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2010.12.019
- Y. Zhao, J. Ehiri, D. Li, X. Luo, and Y. Li, "A survey of TB knowledge among medical students in Southwest China: is the information reaching the target?," BMJ Open. Vol.19;3, No.9 :e003454, 2013. doi:10.1136/bmjopen-2013-003454. https://doi.org/10.1136/bmjopen-2013-003454
- 차미숙, 고등학생의 결핵에 대한 지식, 태도 및 예방행위, 계명대학교, 석사학위논문, 2012.
- 윤진하, 오성수, 이기현, 김성경, 오재호, 원청세, 장세진, 차봉석, 엄애용, 고상백, "일개 대학 병원 에서 간호사의 근무부서와 폐결핵 발생과의관계 : 후향적 코호트 연구," 대한 직업 환경 의학회지, 제23권, 제1호, pp.64-70, 2011.
- 정미현, "간호대학생의 혈액 및 체액 노출실태, 감염예방 표준주의 지식, 인지도 및 수행도," 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제15권, 제4호, pp.316-329, 2015.
- C. Yang, X. Shen, Y. Peng, R. Lan, Y. Zhao, B. Long, T. Luo, G. Sun, X. Li, K. Qiao, X. Gui, J. Wu, J. Xu, F. Li, D. Li, F. Liu, M. Shen, J. Hong, J. Mei, K. DeRiemer, and Q. Gao, "Transmission of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in China: A Population-Based Molecular Epidemiologic Study," Clinical Infectious Diseases, Vol.15, No.61(2), pp.219-227, 2015.
- L. Q. Bai, S. Y. Xiao, H. W. Xie, G. F. Yang, and Y. Z. Wang, "Knowledge and practice regarding tuberculosis among final-year medical students in Hunan, China," Zhonghua Jie He He Hu Xi Za Zhi, Vol26, No.8, pp.458-461, 2003.
- 이채연, "연변조선족자치주 유수아동의 특이성 문제고찰," 국제학원우논집, 제10집, pp.37-56.
- S. Zhang, W. Ruan, Y. Li, and X. Wang, "Experiences of the parents caring for their children during a tuberculosis outbreak in high school: a qualitative study," BMC Public Health, Vol.7, No.14, pp.132, 2014. doi:10.1186/1471-2458-14-132. https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2458-14-132
- 박은경, 중소병원 간호사의 결핵관련 지식과 결핵감염관리 인식도 및 수행도, 남부대학교, 석사학위논문, 2014.
- G. He, Y. Li, F. Zhao, L. Wang, S. Cheng, H. Guo, J. D. Klena, H. Fan, F. Gao, F. Gao, G. Han, L. Ren, Y. Song, Y. Xiong, M. Geng, Y. Hou, G. He, J. Li, S. Guo, J. Yang, D. Yan, Y. Wang, H. Gao, J. An, X. Duan, C. Wu, F. Duan, D. Hu, K. Lu, Y. Zhao, C. Y. Rao, and Y. Wang, "The Prevalence and Incidence of Latent Tuberculosis Infection and Its Associated Factors among Village Doctors in China," PLoS One. Vol.21, Vol.10(5), e0124097, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0124097
- S. Naidoo and M. Taylor, "Association between South African high-school learners' knowledge about tuberculosis and their intention to seek healthcare," Global Health Action, Vol.3, No.6:21699, 2013. doi:10.3402/gha.v6i0.21699. https://doi.org/10.3402/gha.v6i0.21699
- 정진옥, 김성수, 강미경, 조은희, 이은엽, 장철훈, "부산지역 일부 고등학교 학생들의 결핵에 대한 지식 및 인식 조사," Tuberculosis and Respiratory Diseases, Vol.65, No.5, pp.369-378, 2008. https://doi.org/10.4046/trd.2008.65.5.369
- E. Ma, L. Ren, W. Wang, H. Takahashi, Y. Wagatsuma, and Y. Ren et al., "Demographic and socioeconomic disparity in knowledge about tuberculosis in Inner Mongolia, China," The Journal of Epidemiology. Vol.25, No.4, pp.312-320, 2015. https://doi.org/10.2188/jea.JE20140033
- B. G. Lee and Y. J. Lee, "The Impact of Television Public Campaign for Preventing Tuberculosis: An Application of Propensity Score Matching," Korean Journal of Journalism & Communication Studies, Vol.58, No.4, pp.157-182, 2014.
- M. Minnery, C. Contreras, R. Perez, N. Solorzano, K. Tintaya, and J. Jimenez et al., "A cross sectional study of knowledge and attitudes towards tuberculosis amongst front-line tuberculosis personnel in high burden areas of Lima, Peru," PLoS One, Vol.19;8, No.9:e75698, 2013. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0075698. eCollection 2013. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0075698
- The Effect of Knowledge, Attitudes and Prevention Behaviors for Tuberculosis Infection in Nursing Students vol.18, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7586/jkbns.2016.18.1.43