- Volume 15 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Determinants of Customer Loyalty in the Context of Online Shopping: A Comparative Analysis of Internet Shopping and Mobile Shopping
온라인 쇼핑 상황에서 고객충성도의 결정요인: 인터넷 쇼핑과 모바일 쇼핑의 비교 분석
- Received : 2015.05.26
- Accepted : 2015.06.22
- Published : 2015.11.28
This study focuses on customer loyalty that explains how firms can maintain long-term relationship with customers, in the internet shopping and mobile shopping contexts. Specifically, this study examines the key determinants of customer loyalty from two perspectives: service quality and shopping value. Concerning service quality, previous studies have long argued that it is a starting point of building customer loyalty. Shopping value is a key variable in capturing consumers' shopping motives. In this study, we consider two types of shopping value: usefulness as utilitarian value and enjoyment as hedonic value. Moreover, this study examines whether the effects of service quality and shopping value on customer loyalty differ depending on internet and mobile shopping groups. To test the proposed hypotheses, we conducted multiple linear regression analysis and chow test with a total of 199 data collected on users who have experience in internet shopping and mobile shopping. The key findings are as follows: First, in the internet shopping group, customer loyalty depends on service quality (responsiveness and empathy) and usefulness, whereas in the mobile shopping, it only depends on enjoyment. Second, the impacts of service quality and shopping value on customer loyalty are different depending on internet shopping and mobile shopping. The results imply that e-tailors should develop differential methods suitable for internet shopping or mobile shopping to enhance customer loyalty.
Internet Shopping;Mobile Shopping;Service Quality;Usefulness;Enjoyment;Customer Loyalty
- 유일, 나광윤, 최혁라, "인터넷쇼핑몰의 서비스 품질이 전자상거래 성과에 미치는 영향," 한국전자거래학회지, 제4권, 제4호, pp.77-94, 1999.
- 고일상, 최수정, "인터넷쇼핑몰에서 신뢰와 친밀감이 고객충성도에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구," 경영정보학연구, 제15권, 제3호, pp.187-207, 2005.
- R. L. Oliver, "A Cognitive Model for the Antecedents and Consequences of Satisfaction," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol.17, pp.460-469, 1980. https://doi.org/10.2307/3150499
- G. Lee and H. Lin, "Customer Perceptions of E-service Quality in Online Shopping," International Journal of Retail and Distribution Management, Vol.33, No.(2/3), pp.161-176, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1108/09590550510581485
- 유재현, 박철, "중국 소비자의 모바일 쇼핑 서비스의 수용요인에 관한 연구," 인터넷전자상거래연구, 제9권, 제2호, pp.81-106, 2009.
- 이태민, "모바일 환경에서의 상호작용성 구성요인이 고객관계 구축 및 구매의도에 미치는 영향에 관한연구," 마케팅연구, 제19권, 제1호, pp.61-96, 2004.
- A. Parasuraman, V. A. Zeithaml and L. L. Berry, "SERVQUAL: A Multiple-item Scale for Measuring Consumer Perceptions of Service Quality," Journal of Retailing, Vol.64, No.1, pp.12-40, 1988.
- S. W. Kelly and M. A. Davis, "Antecedents to Customer Expectations for Service Recovery," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol.22, No.1, pp.52-61, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1177/0092070394221005
- P. A. Dabholkar, "Consumer Evaluations of New Technology-based Self-Service Options: An Investigation of Alternative Models of Service Quality," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Vol.13, No.1, pp.29-51, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1016/0167-8116(95)00027-5
- A. Parasuraman, V. A. Zeithaml, and A. Malhotra, "E-S-QUAL: A Multiple-item Scale for Assessing Electronic Service Quality," Journal of Service Research, Vol.7, No.3, pp.213-233, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1177/1094670504271156
- D. Gefen, "Customer Loyalty in E-Commerce," Journal of the Association for Information Systems, Vol.3, pp.27-51, 2002. https://doi.org/10.17705/1jais.00022
- S. L. Jarvenpaa and P. A. Todd, "Consumer Reactions to Electronic Shopping on the World Wide Web," International Journal of Electronic Commerce, Vol.1, No.2, pp.59-88, 1997.
- R. Chitturi, R. Raghunathan, and V. Mahajan, "Delight by Design: The Role of Hedonic Versus Utilitarian Benefits," Journal of Marketing, Vol.72, No.3, pp.48-63, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1509/jmkg.72.3.48
- E. C. Hirschman and M. B. Holbrook, "Hedonic Consumption: Emerging Concepts, Methods and Propositions," Journal of Marketing, Vol.46, No.3, pp.92-101, 1982.
- C. Mathwick, N. Malhotra, and E. Rigdon, "Experiential Value: Conceptualization, Measurement and Application in the Catalog and Internet Shopping Environment," Journal of Retailing, Vol.77, No.1, pp.39-56, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-4359(00)00045-2
- T. L. Childers, C. L. Carr, J. Peck, and S. Carson, "Hedonic and Utilitarian Motivations for Online Retail Shopping Behavior," Journal of Retailing, Vol.77, pp.511-535, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-4359(01)00056-2
- 최수정, "소셜 네트워크 서비스(SNS)의 지속이용의도에 관한 연구: IS 지속이용모델과 고객 가치-만족-충성도 모델의 통합적 접근," Asia Pacific Journal of Information Systems, Vol.23, No.4, pp.1-28, 2013.
- F. D. Davis, "Perceived Usefulness, Perceived Ease of Use, and User Acceptance of Information Technology," MIS Quarterly, Vol.13, No.3, pp.319-340, 1989. https://doi.org/10.2307/249008
- H. van der Heijden, "User Acceptance of Hedonic Information Systems," MIS Quarterly, Vol.28, No.4, pp.695-704, 2004.
- V. Venkatesh, J. Y. L. Thong, and X. Xu, "Consumer Acceptance and Use of Information Technology: Examining the Unified Theory of Acceptance and Use of Technology," MIS Quarterly, Vol.36, No.1, pp.157-178, 2012.
- J. J. Cronin, M. K. Brady, and G. T. M. Hult, "Assessing the Effects of Quality, Value, and Customer Satisfaction on Consumer Behavioral Intentions in Service Environments," Journal of Retailing, Vol.76, No.2, pp.193-218, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-4359(00)00028-2
- A. Parasuraman, V. A. Zeithaml, and L. L. Berry, "A Conceptual Model of Service Quality and It's Implications for Future Research," Journal of Marketing, Vol.49, No.4, pp.41-50, 1985.
- V. A. Zeithaml, L. L. Berry, and A. Parasuraman, "The Behavioral Consequences of Service Quality," Journal of Marketing, Vol.60, No.2, pp.31-46, 1996.
- Y. Kuo, "A Study on Service Quality of Community Websites," Total Quality Management and Business Excellence, Vol.14, No.4, pp.461-473, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1080/1478336032000047237a
- Y. Kuo, C. Wu, and W. Deng, "The Relationships among Service Quality, Perceived Value, Customer Satisfaction, and Post-purchase Intention in Mobile Value-added Services," Computers in Human Behavior, Vol.25, pp.887-896, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2009.03.003
- S. Y. Lam, V. Shankar, M. K. Erramilli, and B. Murthy, "Customer Value, Satisfaction, Loyalty, and Switching Costs: An Illustration from an Business-to-Business Service Context," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol.32, No.3, pp.293-311, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1177/0092070304263330
- S. J. Barnes, "Understanding Use Continuance in Virtual Worlds: Empirical Test of a Research Model," Information & Management, Vol.48, pp.313-319, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2011.08.004
- A. Bhattacherjee, "Understanding Information Systems Continuance: An Expectation-Confirmation Model," MIS Quarterly, Vol.25, No.3, pp.351-370, 2001. https://doi.org/10.2307/3250921
- O. Turel, A. Serenko, and N. Bontis, "User Acceptance of Hedonic Digital Artifacts: A Theory of Consumption Values Perspective," Information & Management, Vol.47, pp.53-59, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2009.10.002
- F. D. Davis, R. P. Bagozzi, and P. R. Warshaw, "User Acceptance of Computer Technology: A Comparison of Two Theoretical Models," Management Science, Vol.35, No.8, pp.982-1003, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.35.8.982
- H. W. Kim, H. C. Chan, and S. Gupta, "Value-based Adoption of Mobile Internet: An Empirical Investigation," Decision Support Systems, Vol.43, No.1, pp.1-16, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dss.2005.05.002
- 안광호, "측정방법에 따른 고객만족도와 재구매 의도간의 상관관계의 차이에 관한 연구," 소비자학연구, 제11권, 제1호, pp.37-48, 2000.
- Mobile app Loyalty of Cross-over Shoppers: A Comparison of Korean and Chinese vol.20, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2018.20.3.293