- Volume 22 Issue 4
Purpose: In this study the time point of effects that repeat exposure to simulation-based nursing training has on stress, interest in learning, and problem-solving abilities were identified. Methods: Participants for this study were 75 nursing college students in Seoul. In a preliminary survey data were collected and measured for the general characteristics, stress, interest in learning, and problem-solving abilities of the students. Then, stress was assessed before performance of each of four-rounds of simulation training scenarios. After each simulation round, interest in learning and problem-solving abilities were assessed. Results: With respect to stress, no significant differences were found when comparing the results of the preliminary survey to those of each of the simulation-based training exercises. For the sub-items of interest in learning, interest in nursing knowledge and interest in clinical training significantly increased between the preliminary survey and the
- Korean Accreditation Board of Nursing Education. Nurses' core competencies and nursing education learning outcomes [Internet]. Seoul: Korean Accreditation Board of Nursing Education; 2012 [cited 2014 January 30]. Available from http://www.kabon.or.kr/HyAdmin/upload/goodFile/120121127132143.pdf.
- Kim JH, Park IH, Shin S. Systematic review of Korean studies on simulation within nursing education. Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education. 2013;19(3):307-319. http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.3.307 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.3.307
- Lee JH, Kim SS, Yeo KS, Cho SJ, Kim HL. Experience among undergraduate nursing students on high fidelity simulation education: A focus group study. Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education. 2009;15(2):183-193. http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2009.15.2.183 https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2009.15.2.183
- Foronda C, Liu S, Bauman EB. Evaluation of simulation in undergraduate nurse education: An integrative review. Clinical Simulation in Nursing. 2013;9(10):e409-e416. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ecns.2012.11.003 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecns.2012.11.003
- Murdoch NL, Bottorff JL, McCullough D. Simulation education approaches to enhance collaborative healthcare: A best practices review. International Journal of Nursing Education Scholarship. 2014;10(1):307-321. http://dx.doi.org/10.1515/ijnes-2013-0027
- Norman J. Systematic review of the literature on simulation in nursing education. Journal of the Association of Black Nursing Faculty. 2012;23(2):24-28.
- Cant RP, Cooper SJ. Simulation-based learning in nurse education: Systematic review. Journal of Advanced Nursing. 2010;66(1):3-15. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2009.05240.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2648.2009.05240.x
- Kim DH, Lee Y, Hwang MS, Park JH, Kim HS, Cha HG. Effects of a simulation-based integrated clinical practice program (SICPP) on the problem solving process, clinical competence and critical thinking in a nursing student. Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education. 2012;18(3):499-509. http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2012.18.3.499 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2012.18.3.499
- Yoo SY. Development and effects of a simulation-based education program for newborn emergency care. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing. 2013;43(4):468-477. http://dx.doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2013.43.4.468 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2013.43.4.468
- Chu MS, Hwang YY, Park CS. Development and application of PBL module using simulator -Focused on Simman-. Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing. 2006;13(2):182-189.
- Lee WS, Park SH, Choi EY. Development of a Korean problem solving process inventory for adults. Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing. 2008;15(4):548-557.
- Elfrink VL, Kirkpatrick B, Nininger J, Schubert C. Using learning outcomes to inform teaching practices in human patient simulation. Nursing Education Perspectives. 2010;31(2):97-100. http://dx.doi.org/10.1043/1536-5026-31.2.97
- Khadivzadeh T, Erfanian F. The effects of simulated patients and simulated gynecologic models on student anxiety in providing IUD services. Simulation in Healthcare. 2012;7(5):282-287. http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/sih.0b013e31826064b7 https://doi.org/10.1097/SIH.0b013e31826064b7
- White AH. Clinical decision making among fourth-year nursing students: An interpretive study. Journal of Nursing Education. 2003;42(3):113-120.
- Rhodes ML, Curran C. Use of the human patient simulator to teach clinical judgment skills in a baccalaureate nursing program. CIN: Computers, Informatics, Nursing. 2005;23(5):256-262. http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/00024665-200509000-00009 https://doi.org/10.1097/00024665-200509000-00009
- Shors TJ. Stressful experience and learning across the lifespan. Annual Review of Psychology. 2006;57:55-85. http://dx.doi.org/10.1146/annurev.psych.57.102904.190205 https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.psych.57.102904.190205
- Weaver A. High-fidelity patient simulation in nursing education: An integrative review. Nursing Education Perspectives. 2011;32(1):37-40. http://dx.doi.org/10.5480/1536-5026-32.1.37 https://doi.org/10.5480/1536-5026-32.1.37
- Ganley BJ, Linnard-Palmer L. Academy safety during nursing simulation: Perceptions of nursing students and faculty. Clinical Simulation in Nursing. 2012;8(2):e49-e57. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ecns.2010.06.004 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecns.2010.06.004
- Kardong-Edgren SE, Starkweather AR, Ward LD. The integration of simulation into a clinical foundations of nursing course: Student and faculty perspectives. International Journal of Nursing Education Scholarship. 2008;5(1):1-16. http://dx.doi.org/10.2202/1548-923x.1603
- Hsu LL, Hsieh SI. Factors associated with learning outcome of BSN in a blended learning environment. Contemporary Nurse. 2011;38(1-2):24-34. http://dx.doi.org/10.5172/conu.2011.38.1-2.24 https://doi.org/10.5172/conu.2011.38.1-2.24
- Partin JL, Payne TA, Slemmons MF. Students' perceptions of their learning experiences using high-fidelity simulation to teach concepts relative to obstetrics. Nursing Education Perspectives. 2011;32(3):186-188. http://dx.doi.org/10.5480/1536-5026-32.3.186 https://doi.org/10.5480/1536-5026-32.3.186
- Effect of Step-Based Prebriefing Activities on Flow and Clinical Competency of Nursing Students in Simulation-Based Education vol.13, pp.11, 2017, https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2015.22.4.424
- Persistence of Integrated Nursing Simulation Program Effectiveness* vol.23, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2015.22.4.424