- Volume 20 Issue 11
In this paper, we propose a performance-aware workload model for efficient implementation of control systems. When implementing a control algorithm as an embedded computer system, the control code executes periodically. For such systems, its control performance depends on not only the accuracy of the control algorithm itself but also temporal parameters such as control period and sensing to actuation delay. In this regard, this paper studies the relation between control period and delay by measuring and analyzing the control performance of LKAS (Lane Keeping Assist System) with varying period and delay combinations. Through this experimental study, this paper shows that the two timing parameters, i.e.,control period and delay, has a tradeoff relation in terms of control performance.
- Manfred Broy, "Challenges in Automotive Software Engineering," Proceedings of the 28th International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE), pp. 33-42, 2006.
- H. Lee, K. Kim, G. Jung, K. Choi, S. Park, D. Kwon, "Studies of the possibility of external threats of the automotive ECU through simulation test environment," Journal of The Korea Society of Computer and Information, Vol. 18, No. 11, pp. 39-49, Nov. 2013.
- J. Lee, K. Kang, D. Noh, "Cyclic Executive for Autonomous Driving with Real-Time Smart Cruise Control," Journal of The Korea Society of Computer and Information, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 1-8, Jan. 2014.
- Anton Cervin, Manel Velasco, Pau Marti, and Antonio Camacho, "Optimal Online Sampling Period Assignment: Theory and Experiments," IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 902-910, July 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCST.2010.2053205
- Enrico Bini and Anton Cervin, "Delay-aware Period Assignment in Control Systems," Proceedings of the 29th IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium (RTSS), pp. 291-300, 2008.
- Anton Cervin, Dan Henriksson, Bo Lincoln, Johan Eker, and Karl-Erik Arzen, "How does control timing affect performance? Analysis and Simulation of Timing Using Jitterbug and TrueTime," IEEE Control Systems, Vol. 23, No. 3, pp. 16-30, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/MCS.2003.1200240
- Danbing Seto, John P. Lehoczky, Lui Sha, and Kang G. Shin, "On Task Schedulability in Real-Time Control Systems," Proceedings of the 17th IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium (RTSS), pp. 13-21, 1996.
- Danbing Seto, John P. Lehoczky, Lui sha, Kang G. Shin, "Trade-Off Analysis of Real-Time Control Performance and Schedulability," Real-Time Systems, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 199-217, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1011151320157
- Enrico Bini and Marco Di Natale, "Optimal Task Rate Selection in Fixed Priority Systems," Proceedings of the 26th IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium (RTSS), pp. 399-409, 2005.
- Abhijit Davare, Qi Zhu, Marco Di Natale, Claudio Pinello, Sri Kanajan, and Alberto Sangiovanni-Vincentelli, "Period Optimization for Hard Real-time Distributed Automotive Systems," Proceedings of the 44th Design Automation Conference (DAC), pp. 278-283, 2007.
- Ismael Ripoll and Rafael Ballester-Ripoll, "Period Selection for Minimal Hyperperiod in Periodic Task Systems," IEEE Transactions on Computers, Vol. 62, No. 9, pp. 1813-1822, Sep. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TC.2012.243
- Thidapat Chantem, Xiaofeng Wang, M.D. Lemmon, and X. Sharon Hu, "Period and Deadline Selection for Schedulability in Real-Time Systems," Proceedings of the 20th Euromicro Conference on Real-Time Systems (ECRTS), pp. 168-177, 2008.
- Yifan Wu, Giorgio Buttazzo, Enrico Bini, and Anton Cervin, "Parameter Selection for Real-Time Controllers in Resource-Constrained Systems," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 610-620, Nov. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TII.2010.2053378
- N. Audsley, A. Burns, M. Richardson, K. Tindell, and A.J. Wellings, "Applying new scheduling theory to static priority pre-emptive scheduling," Software Engineering Journal, Vol. 8, No. 5, pp. 284-292, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1049/sej.1993.0034
- Giorgio Buttazzo, Manel Velasco, and Paul Marti, "Quality-of-Control Management in Overloaded Real-Time Systems," IEEE Transactions on Computers, Vol. 56, No. 2, pp. 253-266, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TC.2007.34
- Bernhard Wymann, "TORCS Manual installation and Robot tutorial," http://www.berniw.org/aboutme/publications/torcs.pdf
연구 과제번호 : Component-based Control Kernel Development
연구 과제 주관 기관 : Kookmin University