- Volume 20 Issue 11
CDSS provides clinical doctors with knowledge to be required when they diagnose or make decision about treatment strategy. Arden Syntax is one of the language with which we write MLM that is a component of CDSS. It was designated as a standard by HL7/ANSI. ArdenML is an XML version of Arden Syntax. In this paper we propose a tool which translates Arden Syntax MLMs into ArdenML MLM. To this end we first defines the corresponding relation between two languages. Next we presents a modified version of Arden Syntax grammar to improve performance of lexical analysis and minimize parsing conflicts. Finally we presents syntax and semantics gaps between the both languages, which are a structural representation problem, a data type problem, and a disrelation problem. Our translator resolves such issues and generates exact ArdenML codes for an arbitrary Arden Syntax MLM.
- Greenes R. "Clinical Decision Support: The Road Ahead", Oxford, UK: Elsevier, 2007.
- Health Level Seven, Inc., Arden Syntax Histroy, http://www.hl7.org/implement/standards/ansiapproved.cfm
- Health Level Seven, Inc., "Health Level Seven Arden Syntax for Medical Logic Systems, Version 2 . 8 , " http://www.hl7.org/implement/standards/product_brief.cfm?product_id=268
- Sukil Kim and Inyoung Choi, "Arden Syntax as a standard expression language for medical knowledge", Journal of Korean Society of Medical Informatics 14(1):1-7, March 2008
- Health Level Seven, Inc., Virtual Medical Record, http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=Virtual_Medical_Record_(vMR
- Health Level Seven, Inc. Reference Information Model, http://www.hl7.org/implement/standards/rim.cfm
- Sailors M. "ArdenML: The Arden Syntax Markup Language (or Arden Syntax: It's Not Just Text Any More!)", Proc AMIA Symp, 2001
- Kim S, Haug PJ, Rocha RA and Choi I. "Modeling the Arden Syntax for medical decisions in XML", International Journal of Medical Informatics 77(10), Oct. 2008.
- Jung CY, Sward KA, Haug PJ, "Executing medical logic modules expressed in ArdenML using Drools", Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association 19(4), April 2012.
- ArdenML Example, http://bmi.inyourdream.net/ardenml/
- Gerwin Klein, "JFlex - The Fast Scanner Generator for Java", http://jflex.de/
- Scott E. Hudson, "Cup Parser Generator for JAVA", http://www2.cs.tum.edu/projects/cup/