- Volume 20 Issue 11
Social network services can be defined as an individual web page which enables online, human-relationship building by collecting useful information and sharing it with specific or unspecific people. Recently, as the social network services(SNS) such as Twitter and Facebook have been paid attention in many fields of the society. SNSs are also one of the fastest channels to get news which people may not be able to see on TV or newspaper. The number of people who feel they are benefiting from social network services are increasing dramatically. A number of researches about SNS are underway. The study based on the Technology Acceptance Model empirically investigates the relationship between characteristics of SNS (system, service, information, and emotional) and user satisfaction of SNS. The study also analyzes how the relationshipa between SNS characteristics, satisfaction and user acceptance are moderated by country type of SNS users and inclination toward SNS acceptance. To achieve these research purposes, the study conducted various statistical analyses using questionnaire of the Korean and Chinese SNS users. The results of the study are followings. First, SNS characteristics have a positive effect to the user satisfaction. Second, SNS satisfaction have a positive effect to the user acceptance. Third, the relationship between SNS characteristics and user satisfaction is moderated by the country type of SNS users and inclination toward SNS acceptance. The study results could provide some implications to researchers who have interest in studying SNS, also could help business managers to operate and develop their SNS site more effectively.
Social Network Service (SNS);characteristics of SNS;user satisfaction;user acceptance
- W., Won, "An Empirical Investigation of SNS Websites: Quality Factors, User Satisfaction, Intention of Continuous Use, and Intention of Words-of-Mouth," Master's Thesis of Graduate School of Inha Univ., 2009.
- J., Kim, "The Effect of Information Quality and Service Quality on User Satisfaction in Social Network Service Environment", Doctoral Thesis of Graduate School of Hansung Univ., 2011.
- S.H., Lee, and M.S., Kim, "effects of SNS website quality on user satisfaction, purchase intentions and brand loyalty in a hotel industry", Vol.24, No6, pp.261-281, 2012.
- D., Kim, "An empirical study on user satisfaction and the influencing factors for continuous usage of social network service," Doctoral Thesis of Graduate School of Chungang Univ., 2011.
- H. F., Lin, "Determinants of Successful Virtual Communities: Contributions from System Characteristics and Social Factors," Information & Management, Vol.45, No.8, pp.522-527, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2008.08.002
- O. Kwon, and Y. Wen, "An Empirical Study of the Factors Affecting Social Network Service Use," Computers in Human Behavior, Vol.26, No.2, pp.254-263, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2009.04.011
- J., Jang, "A Study on the Factors Influencing on Trust, Satisfaction and Purchase Intention of SNS Search Services," Master's Thesis of Graduate School of Konkuk Univ., 2011.
- B., Jang, "An empirical study on the determinants of continued usage intention in social network service", Master's Thesis of Graduate School of Chonbuk Univ., 2012.
- Y.S., Hyun, and Y.J., Kim, "Structural Relationships among SNS Users" Self-efficacy, Social Exchange Benefits, Perceived Value and User Loyalty", The Journal of Internet Electronic Commerce Research, Vol 13, No 3, pp. 89-110, 2013.
- W. H., DeLone, and E. R., McLean, "Information systems success: The quest for the dependent variable", Information Systems Research, Vol.3, No.1, pp.60-95, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.3.1.60
- J. A., Senn, and V. R., Gibson, "Risks of investment in microcomputers for small business management", Journal of Small Business Management, Vol.19, No.3, pp.24-32, 1981.
- Y. U., Huh, F. R., Keller, T. C., Redman, A. R., Watkins, "Data quality", Information and Software Technology, Vol.32, pp.559-565, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1016/0950-5849(90)90146-I
- R. R., Nelson, P. A., Todd, B. H., Wixom, "Antecedents of information and system quality: an emprical examination within the context of data warehousing", Journal of Management Information Systems Vol.21, pp.99-235, 2005.
- E., Maltz, "Is All Communication Created Equal? An Investigation into the Effects of Communication Mode on Perceived Information Quality," Journal of Product Innovation Management, Vol.17, pp.110-127, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0737-6782(99)00030-2
- S. L. Jarvenpaa and P. A., Todd, "Consumer reactions to electronic shopping on the world wide web", International journal of Electronic commerce, Vol.1, No.2, pp.59-88. 1997.
- C.H., Cho, and B.S., Kang, "An Affection of Blog Service Quality on Service Value and Customer Satisfaction : Focusing on Cyword", Journal of the Korean Society for Quality Management, Vol 35, No1, pp.35-51, 2007.
- E. M., Rogers, "Diffusion of Innovations", 4th Edition, NY: Free Press, 1995.
- T. S., Robertson. "The Process of Innovation and the Diffusion of Innovation", Journal of Marketing, Vol.31, pp.14-19, 1967. https://doi.org/10.2307/1249295
- R. M., Ryckman., "Theories of personality(7th ed.)", Stanford, CT: Wads worth/ Thomson Learning, 2000.
- Y.C., Kim, Y.H., Joo, Yoon, S.H., "Emerging Services in ICT Markets : A Study on the Interrelation between Adoption Intentions of Innovative Services in ICT Market: Focused on Convergence Services", International Telecommunications Policy Review, Vol.12, No.1, pp.25-54, 2005.
- M. Fishbein, and L. Ajzen, "Belief, Attitude, Intention, and Behavior: An Introduction to Theory and Research", AddisonWesley, Reading, MA., 1975.
- F. D., Davis, "Perceived Usefulness, Perceived Ease of Use, and User Acceptance of Information Technology", MIS Quarterly, Vol.13, No.3, pp.319-340, 1989. https://doi.org/10.2307/249008
- J., Yoo, "Study on Factors Influencing Intentions to Use Mobile SNS", Master's Thesis of Graduate School of Chungnam Univ., 2011.
- C.B., Ko, and J.S., Yoon,, "A Study on the Factors Influencing Usage Intention of SNS", The Journal of Internet Electronic Commerce Research, Vol.14, No4, pp.65-80, 2014.