- Volume 34 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Measurements of Mid-frequency Bottom Loss in Shallow Water of the Yellow Sea
서해 천해환경에서의 중주파수 해저면 반사손실 측정
Yoon, Young Geul;Lee, Changil;Choi, Jee Woong;Cho, Sungho;Oh, Suntaek;Jung, Seom-Kyu
- Received : 2015.04.23
- Accepted : 2015.08.09
- Published : 2015.11.30
KIOST-HYU joint acoustics experiment was performed on the western shallow water off the Taean peninsula in the Yellow Sea in May 2013. In this paper, mid-frequency (6~16 kHz) bottom loss data measured in a grazing angle range of
Bottom loss;Rayleigh reflection coefficient;Geoacoustic parameters;Geoacoustic inversion
- S. Cho, D. Kang, C. -K. Lee, S. -K. Jung, J. W. Choi, and S. Oh, "Overview of results from the KIOST-HYU joint experiment for studying on acoustic propagation in shallow geological environment" (in Korean), J. Acoust. Soc. Kr. 34, 411-422 (2015). https://doi.org/10.7776/ASK.2015.34.6.411
- C. Lee, S. Cho, J. W. Choi, T. Shim, and Y-K. Lee, "Geoacoustic inversion of mid-frequency bottom loss data in shallow water off the East Coast of Korea," Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 51, 07GG01-1-07GG01-4 (2012). https://doi.org/10.7567/JJAP.51.07GG01
- H. La and J. W. Choi, "8-kHz bottom backscattering measurements at low grazing angles in shallow water," J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 127, EL160-EL165 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1121/1.3338987
- C. L. Pekeris, "Theory of propagation of explosive sound in shallow water," Geol. Soc. Am. Mem. 27, 1-116 (1948).
- J. W. Choi and P. H. Dahl, "Mid-to-high-frequency bottom loss in the East China Sea," IEEE J. Oceanic Eng. 29, 980-987 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1109/JOE.2004.834178
- J. W. Choi, P. H. Dahl, and J. A. Goff, "Observations of the R reflector and sediment interface reflection at the Shallow Water '06 Central Site," J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 124, EL128-EL134 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1121/1.2917387
- C. W. Holland, R. Hollett, and L. Troiano, "Measurement technique for bottom scattering in shallow water," J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 108, 997-1011 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1121/1.1287021
- M. J. Isakson, N. P. Chotiros, R. A. Yarbrough, and J. N. Piper, "Quantifying the effects of roughness scattering on reflection loss measurements," J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 132, 3687-3697 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1121/1.4765304
- P. H .Dahl, J. W. Choi, N. J. William, and H. C. Graber, "Field measurements and modeling of attenuation from near-surface bubbles for frequencies 1-20 kHz," J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 124, EL163-EL169 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1121/1.2963096
- M. B. Porter and H. P. Bucker, "Gaussian beam tracing for computing ocean acoustic fields," J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 82, 1349-1359 (1987). https://doi.org/10.1121/1.395269
- F. B. Jensen, W. A. Kuperman, M. B. Porter, and H. Schmidt, Computational Ocean Acoustics 2nd Ed. (Springer, New York, 2011), pp. 38-50.
- D. R. Jackson and M. D. Richardson, High-Frequency Seafloor Acoustics (Springer, New York, 2007), pp. 125-151, 310-320.
- C. Lee, Geoacoustic inversion for mid-frequency bottom loss data measured in East sea (Master's thesis, University of Hanyang, 2011), pp. 39-42.
- S. Cho, S. Oh, D. Kang, S-K, Jung, and J. W. Choi, "Variability of underwater sound propagation due to the sand wave" (in Korean), J. Acoust. Soc. Kr. Suppl. 2(s) 33, 367-368 (2014).
- H. Kim, J. W. Choi, J. Na, D. Suk, J. Park, K. Park, K. Yoon, and Y. N. Na, "Characteristics of bottom scattering from inhomogeneous bottom layer" (in Korean), J. Acoust. Soc. Kr. Suppl. 2(s) 19, 89-91 (2000).
- Overview of the KIOST-HYU Joint Experiment for Acoustic Propagation in Shallow Water Geological Environment vol.34, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7776/ASK.2015.34.6.411
Supported by : 한국해양과학기술원