- Volume 34 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Underwater Target Detection Using the Waveform Inversion Technique
파형역산 기법을 이용한 수중표적 탐지 연구
Bae, Ho Seuk;Kim, Won-Ki;Kim, Woo Shik;Choi, Sang Moon
- Received : 2015.09.23
- Accepted : 2015.10.01
- Published : 2015.11.30
A short-range underwater target detection and identification techniques using mid- and high-frequency bands have been highly developed. However, nowadays the long-range detection using the low-frequency band is requested and one of the most challengeable issues. The waveform inversion technique is widely used and the hottest technology in both academia and industry of the seismic exploration. It is based on the numerical analysis tool, and could construct more than a few kilometers of the subsurface structures and model-parameters such as P-wave velocity using a low-frequency band. By applying this technique to the underwater acoustic circumstance, firstly application of underwater target detection is verified. Furthermore, subsurface structures and it's parameters of the war-field are well reconstructed. We can confirm that this technique greatly reduces the false-alarm rate for the underwater targets because it could accurately reproduce both the shape and the model-parameters at the same time.
Waveform inversion;Target detection;Low-frequency detection;Model-parameter estimation
- R. P. Haffa Jr and J. H. Patton Jr, "Analogues of Stealth," Northrop Grumman Corp., Analysis Center Papers, 2002.
- Y. S. Seo, I. B. Ham, and W. J. Jung, "A Study on the Echo Reduction Performance of Underwater Acoustic Material" (in Korean), Trans. Korean Soc. Noise Vib. Eng. 24, 868-875 (2014). https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2014.24.11.868
- B. K. Ahn, S. W. Jung, J. H. Kim, Y. R. Jung, and S. B. Kim, "Experimental Study on Artificial Supercavitation of the High Speed Torpedo" (in Korean), J. KIMST 18, 300-308 (2015).
- K. W. Ng, "Overview of the ONR Supercavitating High- Speed Bodies Program," in Collection of Tech. Papers of AIAA GNC Conference and Exhibit, 3088-3091 (2006).
- J. Y. Hwang and J. H. Kim, Modern Navy Surface Ship (Military Study, Seoul, 2007), pp.1-384.
- J. Virieux and S. Operto, "An Overview of Full-Waveform Inversion in Exploration Geophysics" Geophys. 74, WCC1- WCC26 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1190/1.3238367
- A. Tarantola, "Inversion of Seismic Reflection Data in the Acoustic Approximation," Geophys. 49, 1259-1266 (1984). https://doi.org/10.1190/1.1441754
- Y. J. Choi, S. R. Shin, J. H. Ha, W. Chung, and W. S. Kim, "Velocity Model Building using Waveform Inversion from Single Channel Engineering Seismic Survey" (in Korean), Geophysics and Geophysical Exploration 17, 231-241 (2014). https://doi.org/10.7582/GGE.2014.17.4.231
- C. Shin and Y. H. Cha, "Waveform Inversion in the Laplace- Fourier Domain," Geophys. J. Int. 177, 1067-1079 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-246X.2009.04102.x
- R. W. Graves, "Simulating Seismic Wave Propagation in 3D Elastic Media Using Staggered-Grid Finite Differences," Bull. Seismol. Soc. Am. 86, 1091-1106 (1996).
- T. Ha, W. Chung, and C. Shin, "Waveform Inversion Using a Back-Propagation Algorithm and a Huber Function Norm," Geophys. 74, R15-R24 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1190/1.3112572
- C. Shin, S. Jang, and D. J. Min, "Improved Amplitude Preservation for Prestack Depth Migration by Inverse Scattering Theory," Geophys. Prosp. 49, 592-606 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2478.2001.00279.x