- Volume 20 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Study of Self-Checklist for Personal Information Protection of FinTech Service: For the Simple Payment Service
핀테크 서비스의 개인정보보호 자가평가항목 개발에 관한 연구: 간편결제 서비스 중심
Kang, Min Soo;Back, Seung Jo;Lim, Jong In
- Received : 2015.08.21
- Accepted : 2015.10.21
- Published : 2015.11.30
FinTech service industry has been growing rapidly around the world. It has driven innovation in financial and payment service industry with different channels such as mobile based on Information and Communications Technology (ICT). However, FinTech service is vulnerable to different security threats due to use the valuable data such as personal information and financial information. It is undeniable that collection and use of those information may increase the possibility of identity theft or privacy breach. In this paper will develop a self-checklist for the Simple Payment service users (Privacy Pragmatists) who want to make a rational decision to protect their personal information. The checklist is going to let the users assess the personal information protection by performing the assessment themself when they use the service. The body of this paper is going to analyze the items of the checklist and through the analysis, will suggest a security policy for personal information protection of FinTech service.
Fintech;Personal Information Security;Simple Payment Service
- Chris Jay Hoofnagle, "Alan Westin's Privacy Homo Economicus," Berkeley Law Scholarship Repository, 2014.
- DMC Media, "Mobile Simple Payment Using State Survey," 2015.
- Eugene Investment and Securities, "Fintech Series 2nd," 2015.
- Financial Security Institute, "Fintech Status and Prospect," 2015.
- Financial Services Commission, Financial Dictionary, http://www.fsc.go.kr/.
- Jang, S. S., "Fintech on the information security industry impact study," Internet and Security Focus, Feb 2015.
- Korea Internet and Security Agency (KISA), "2012 Information Security Survey Report (Individual)," 2012.
- Korea Internet and Security Agency (KISA), "Introduce PIMS" Menu, http://isms.kisa.or.kr/kor/intro/pimsIntro01.jsp.
- Kim, J. Y., "Analyzing Effects on Firms' Market Value of Personal Information Security Breaches," The Journal of Society for e-Business Studies, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 1-12, 2013.
- Lee, C. H., "A Framework and Guidelines for Personal Data Breach Notification Act," Korea Institute of Information Security and Cryptology, Vol. 21, No. 5, pp. 169-179, 2011.
- Lim, S. J., "Fintech Security Trend," TTA Journal, 2015.
- Ministry of Government Administration and Home Affairs, "Privacy Impact Assessment Guidelines," 2015.
- Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning, Reason of do not check the personal information handling, http://kosis.kr/statHtml/statHtml.do?orgId=329&tblId=TX_342_2009_H2122&vw_cd=MT_ZTITLE&list_id=342_34205_002_001&conn_path=F0&path=, 2013.
- No, S. H., "A comparison study on Korea's Mobile environment simple payment services," The Korea Society of Management Information Systems, pp. 695-698, 2014.
- Personal Information Protection Commission, A study on Foreign Personal Information Security Execution System and Personal Information Security Trend Investigation, 2012.
- Pew Research Center, http://www.pewinternet.org/2015/05/20/americans-attitudes-about-privacy-security-and-surveillance, 2015.
- Ponnurangam Kumaraguru, Privacy Indexes: A Survey of Westin's Studies, Institute for Software Research International School of Computer Science Carnegie Mellon University, Dec. 2005.
- SFIS 2015 Smart Financial and Information Security Fair, http://www.mt.co.kr/view/mtview.php?type=1&no=201502241 9214561437&outlink=1, 2015.
- Terms.naver.com, Financial Dictionary, http://terms.naver.com/entry.nhn?docId=2717871&cid=55594&categoryId=55594.