- Volume 20 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
A Development of Ontology-Based Law Retrieval System: Focused on Railroad R&D Projects
온톨로지 기반 법령 검색시스템의 개발: 철도·교통 분야 연구개발사업을 중심으로
Won, Min-Jae;Kim, Dong-He;Jung, Hae-Min;Lee, Sang Keun;Hong, June Seok;Kim, Wooju
- Received : 2015.10.29
- Accepted : 2015.11.23
- Published : 2015.11.30
Research and development projects in railroad domain are different from those in other domains in terms of their close relationship with laws. Some cases are reported that new technologies from R&D projects could not be industrialized because of relevant laws restricting them. This problem comes from the fact that researchers don't know exactly what laws can affect the result of R&D projects. To deal with this problem, we suggest a model for law retrieval system that can be used by researchers of railroad R&D projects to find related legislation. Input of this system is a research plan describing the main contents of projects. After laws related to the R&D project is provided with their rankings, which are assigned by scores we developed. A ranking of a law means its order of priority to be checked. By using this system, researchers can search the laws that may affect R&D projects throughout all the stages of project cycle. So, using our system model, researchers can get a list of laws to be considered before the project they participate ends. As a result, they can adjust their project direction by checking the law list, avoiding their elaborate projects being useless.
Railroad;R&D;Law Retrieval System
- Brin, S. and Page, L., "The anatomy of a large-scale hypertextual Web search engine," Computer Networks and ISDN Systems, Vol. 30, pp. 107-117, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0169-7552(98)00110-X
- Church, K. W. and Hanks, P., "Word association norms, mutual information, and lexicography," Comput. Linguist, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 22-29, 1990.
- Jo, D. W., Seo, M. J., and Kim, M. Ho., "A Study on Legal Information Retrieval Engine based on Ontology," Korea Information Science Society, pp. 1568-1570, 2015.
- Kim, H. L., Kim, H. G., "Personal Electronic Document Retrieval System Using Semantic Web/Ontology Technologies," The Journal of Society for e-Business Studies, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 135-149, 2007.
- Kim, J. H., Lee, J. S., Lee, M. J., Kim, W. J., and Hong, J. S., "Term Mapping Methodology between Everyday Words and Legal Terms for Law Information Search System," Biblographic Info: J Intell Inform Syst, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 137-152, 2012.
- Lame, G., "Using NLP Techniques to Identify Legal Ontology Components : Concepts and Relations," Artificial Intelligence and Law, Vol. 12, No. 4, pp. 169-184, 2005.
- Mitschick, A., "Ontology-based Indexing and Contextualization of Multimedia Documents for Personal Information Management Applications," International Journal on Advances in Software, Vol. 3, No. 1, 2 pp. 31-40, 2010.
- Mun, H. J., Lee, S. J., Kim, Y. J., and Woo, Y. T., "A Personalized Concept-based Retrieval Technique Using Domain Ontology," The Journal of Society for e-Business Studies, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 269-282, 2007.
- Rajaraman, A. and Ullman, J. D., "Data Mining," pp. 1-17. doi:10.1017/CBO9781139058452.002. ISBN 9781139058452, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1017/CBO9781139058452.002
- Toledo, C. M., M. A. Ale, Chiotti, O., and Galli, M. R., "An Ontology-driven Document Retrieval Strategy for Organizational Knowledge Management Systems," Electronic Notes in Theoretical Computer Science, Vol. 281, pp. 21-34, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.entcs.2011.11.023
- Yoo, D. H. and Suh, Y. M., "An Ontologybased Hotel Search System Using Semantic Web Technologies," Society for e-Business Studies, The Journal of Society for e-Business Studies, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp. 71-92, 2008.
Grant : 철도 교통기술의 효율성 향상 및 실용화 확대 방안 연구