- Volume 39 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Statistical Analysis of Experimental Results on Emission Characteristics of Biodiesel Blended Fuel
바이오디젤 혼합연료의 배기특성 실험결과에 대한 통계학적 해석
Yeom, Jeong Kuk;Yoon, Jeong Hwan
- Received : 2015.02.23
- Accepted : 2015.10.05
- Published : 2015.12.01
In this study, the exhaust gas of a diesel engine operating on biodiesel(BD) fuel(a mixture of diesel and soybean oil) was investigated for different fuel mixing ratios in the range of BD3 to BD100. The experiments were conducted using injection pressures of 400, 600, 800, 1000, and 1200 bar. The Pearson correlation coefficient and Spearman rank-order correlation coefficient were used to quantify the NOx and Soot emissions based on the fuel mixing ratio and injection pressure. Consequently, the Pearson correlation coefficient obtained for NOx and Soot emissions according to the mixing ratio and injection pressure was -0.811 and the corresponding Spearman rank-order correlation coefficient was -0.884, which indicated that the correlation of the NOx and Soot emissions was linear. Thus, the NOx and Soot have a trade-off relationship. Moreover, at each injection pressure, the Pearson correlation coefficient was a negative number, which indicated an inversely proportional relationship between NOx and Soot.
Biodiesel Fuel;Pearson Correlation Coefficient;Spearman Rank-Order Correlation Coefficient;Trade-Off
- No, S. Y., 2009, Bioenergy Engineering, ABCNURI, Chungbuk National University, pp. 47-60.
- Yoon, S. K., Kim, M. S. and Choi, N. J., 2014, "Characteristics of Canola Biodiesel Fuel Blended with Diesel on the Combustion and Exhaust Gas Emissions in a Compression Ignition Diesel Engine," Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Engineering, Vol. 38, No. 9, pp. 1081-1085. https://doi.org/10.5916/jkosme.2014.38.9.1081
- Chen, L., Cheng, Y. K., Kim, J. D. and Song, K. K., 2014, "A Study on Biodiesel Fuel of Engine Performance and Emission Characteristics in Diesel Engine," Trans. of the KSAE, Vol. 22, No.5, pp. 59-65.
- Lim, J. K., Choi, S. Y. and Cho, S. G., 2009, "Comparative Analysis on Combustion Characteristics of Diesel Oil and Biodiesel Blends in DI Diesel Engine(Using Soybean Oil)," Journal of The Korean Society for Power System Engineering, Vol. 13, No. 6, pp. 29-34.
- Lee, D. G., Roh, H. G., Choi, S. C. and Lee, C. S., 2011, "Combustion and Emission Characteristics of 4 Cylinder Common-Rail DI Diesel Engine with Biodiesel Blended Fuel," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. B, Vol. 35, No. 2, pp. 137-143. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-B.2011.35.2.137
- Baek, S. H., Yoon, J. H, Jung, W. S., Ha, H. S., Chung, S. S. and Yeom, J. K., 2014, "Estimation of the Exhaust Characteristics of Biodiesel Used in Diesel Engine," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. B, Vol. 38, No. 2, pp. 129-137.
- Kim, W. C., 2009, Modern Statistical, YONUNGCHI MUNHWASA, Seoul, pp. 256-325.
- Jeon, C. H., Jeong, M. G. and Lee, H. S., 2004, Applied Statistics for Engineers, HONGRUNG PUBLISHING COMPANY, Seoul, pp. 12-132.
- Kim, J. D., Ainull, G., Song, K. K., Jung, J. Y. and Kim, H. G., 2011, "An Experimental Study on Spray Characteristics of Diesel and Bio-Diesel Fuel," Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Engineering, Vol. 35, No. 1 pp. 53-59. https://doi.org/10.5916/jkosme.2011.35.1.053
- Kim, D. J., Yang, D. G. and Lee, J. K., 2013, "Effect of Injection Pressure on the Atomization Characteristics of a Liquid Sheet-Type Swirl Injector for Urea-SCR System," Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Engineering, Vol. 37, pp. 510-519. https://doi.org/10.5916/jkosme.2013.37.5.510
- Chung, J. W., Kang, J. G., Lee, S. M., Kim, H. C. and Kang, W., 2006, "Effects of the EGR and Injection Pressure on the Combustion and Emission Characteristics of DME Common Rail Diesel Engine," Trans. of the KSAE, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 84-91.
- Seong, T. J., 2009, Understanding and Applying Modern Basic Statistics, KYOYOOKBOOK, Paju, pp. 361-365.
- MINITAB Help Anderson Darling Statistic Release 16.2.3, Minitab Inc., Pennsylvania, 2012.
Supported by : 한국연구재단