- Volume 39 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Efficient Flexible Multibody Dynamics Modeling of Deep Seabed Integrated Mining System with Subsystem Synthesis Method
부분시스템 합성방법을 이용한 심해저 통합 채광시스템의 효율적인 유연 다물체 동역학 모델링 연구
- Received : 2015.05.19
- Accepted : 2015.08.24
- Published : 2015.12.01
A deep seabed integrated mining system consists of a mining vessel, a lifting pipe, a buffer station, a flexible pipe, and a mining robot for collecting manganese nodules. Recently, the concept of multiple mining robots was introduced to enhance to mining productivity. In this paper, the subsystem synthesis method was applied to the deep seabed integrated mining system in order to improve the efficiency of system analysis and to facilitate its extension to the system of multiple mining robots. Large deflections of the lifting and flexible pipe were considered by dividing a flexible pipe into several substructures, and applying flexible multibody dynamics to each substructure. Theoretical study has been carried out for the efficiency of the subsystem synthesis method for the integrated mining system, by comparing the arithmetic operational counts of the subsystem synthesis method with those of the conventional method.
Subsystem Synthesis Method;Deep-seabed Integrated Mining System;Flexible Multibody Dynamics
- Hong, S. and Kim, K., 1999, "Proposed Technologies for Mining Deep-Seabed Polymetallic Nodules - Chap. 12 Research and Development of Deep Seabed Mining Technologies for Polymetallic Nodules in Korea," Proceeding of the International Seabed Authority's Workshop, pp.261-283.
- Sanders, J.V., 1982, "A Three-Dimensional Dynamic Analysis of a Towed System," Ocean Engineering, Vol. 9(5), pp.483-499. https://doi.org/10.1016/0029-8018(82)90038-5
- Hong, S., 1992, Dreidimensionale Nichtlineare Statische und Dynamische Analyse von Flexiblen Rohrleitungen im Seegang, Technical University of Aachen Doctoral Dissertation.
- Hong, S. and Hong, S.W., 1994, "A Three-Dimensional Dynamic Analysis of Towed System, Part 1. A Mathematical Formulation," Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, Vol. 8(1), pp.16-22.
- Shabana, A.A., 2000, "Three Dimensional Absolute Nodal Coordinate Formulation for Beam Elements: Theory," Journal of Mechanical Design, Vol. 123(4), pp.606-621.
- Wu, S.C., 1987, A Substructure Method for Dynamic Simulation of Flexible Mechanical Systems with Geometric Nonlinearities, The University of Iowa Doctoral Dissertation.
- Delmer, T.N., Stephens, T.C. and Tremills, J.A., 1988, "Numerical Simulation of Cable-Towed Acoustic Arrays," Ocean engineering, Vol. 15(6), pp.511-548. https://doi.org/10.1016/0029-8018(88)90001-7
- Yoon, S.M., Yeu, T.K., Pack, S.J., Kim, J.H., Hong, S. and Kim, S.B., 2011, "A Study on Turning Motion for Formation Control of Multi-Miner," Proceeding of the KAOSTS.
- Kim, S-S., 2002, "A Subsystem Synthesis Method for Efficient Vehicle Multibody Dynamics," Multibody System Dynamics, Vol. 7, pp.189-207. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1014457111573
- Kim, S-S., Jeong, W.H., Kim, M.H. and Han, J.B., 2012, "Comparative Study on Multibody Vehicle Dynamics Models based on Subsystem Synthesis Method using Cartesian and Joint Coordinates," Theor. Appl. Mech. Lett., Vol. 2(6), 063010. https://doi.org/10.1063/2.1206310
- Cook, R.D., 1981, Concepts and Applications of Finite Element Analysis, John Willey & Sons.
- Wu, S.C, Haug, E.J., Kim, S-S., 1989, "A Variational Approach to Dynamics of Flexible Multibody Systems," Mechanics of Structures and Machines, Vol. 17(1), pp.3-32. https://doi.org/10.1080/089054508915627
- Yoo, W.S., Lee, J.H., Park, S.J., Sohn, J.H., Dmitrochenko, O. and Pogorelov, D., 2003, "Large Oscillations of a Thin Cantilever Beam: Physical Experiments and Simulation Using the Absolute Nodal Coordinate Formulation," Nonlinear Dynamics, Vol. 34, pp.3-29. https://doi.org/10.1023/B:NODY.0000014550.30874.cc
- Haug, E.J., 1989, Computer-Aided Kinematics and Dynamics of Mechanical Systems, Allyn and Bacon.
- Min, C.H., Kim, H.W., Yeu, T.K., Jung, J.Y. and Hong, S., 2014, "Manufacturing of Flexible Rubber Hoses for Pilot Mining Test," Proceeding of the KSOE.
- Oh, J.W., Min, C.H., Kim, H.W., Lee, M.U., Lee, C.H., Hong, S. and Bae, D.S., 2014, "A Study on the Arrangement of Buoyancy Module for Stability of Marine Flexible Riser of a Deep-Seabed Mining System," Proceeding of the IMSD.
- Kim, H.W., Hong, S., Lee, C.H., Choi, J.S. and Yeu, T.K., 2010, "Total Dynamic Analysis of Deep-Seabed Integrated Mining System," Journal of Navigation and Port Research, Vol. 34, pp.195-203. https://doi.org/10.5394/KINPR.2010.34.3.195
Grant : 심해저 광물자원 통합 채광시스템 개발 연구
Supported by : 해양수산부