- Volume 39 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Optimal Design of Gerotor with Combined Lobe Profiles (Ellipse 1-Elliptical Involute-Ellipse 2)
타원 1-타원형 인벌루트-타원 2 로브 형상의 제로터 최적 설계
- Kwak, Hyo Seo (Dept. of Creative Engineering, Pusan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Li, Sheng Huan (Dept. of Creative Engineering, Pusan Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Kim, Chul (Research Institute of Mechanical Technology, Pusan Nat'l Univ.)
- Received : 2015.06.13
- Accepted : 2015.10.06
- Published : 2015.12.01
A gerotor can be manufactured in a miniature size because it has a high discharge per cycle and a simple structure. Gerotors are widely used for the lubrication oil of an engine and as the hydraulic source of an automatic transmission. Recently, improvements in fuel efficiency and noise reduction have come to the fore in the automobile industry, and it has been necessary for better fuel efficiency to continuously improve the flow rate and noise of internal gear pumps through the optimal design of the gerotor and port shape. In this study, gerotors were generated based on the equations derived for a lobe shape with multiple profiles (ellipse 1-elliptical involute-ellipse 2). The ranges of the design parameters were considered to prevent a cusp and loop. In addition, the optimal lobe shape was obtained by determining the influence of the lobe shape on the performances (flow rate, irregularity, etc.), according to the values of the design parameters.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Colbourne, J.R., 1975, "Gear Shape and Theoretical Flow Rate in Internal Gear Pumps," Trans. of the CSME, Vol. 3, No. 4, pp. 215-223.
- Saegusa, Y., Urashima, K., 1984, Sugimoto, M., Onoda, M. and Koiso, T., "Development of Oil-pump Rotors With A Trochoidal Tooth Shape," SAE Paper No. 840454.
- Beard, J.E., Pennock, G.R. and Stanisic, M.M., 1989, "The Effects of the Design Parameters on the Generated Curvature and Displacement of Epitrochoidal Gerotor Pumps," SAE Paper No. 891831.
- Fabiani, M., Manco, S., Nervegna, N. and Rundo, M., 1999, "Modelling And Simulation of Gerotor Gearing in Lubricating Oil Pump," SAE, No. 1999-01-0626.
- Mimmi, G. and Pennacchi, P., 2000, "Nonundercutting conditions in internal gears," Mech. Mach. Theory, Vol. 35, No. 4, pp. 477-490. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0094-114X(99)00028-2
- Demenego, A., Vecchiatio, D., Litvin, F.L., Nervegna, N. and Manco, S., 2002, "Design and simulation of meshing of a cycloidal pump," Mech. Mach. Theory, Vol. 37, No. 3, pp.311-332. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0094-114X(01)00074-X
- S. C. Lee, 2006, "Profile Design of the Inner Rotor of a Gerotor by the Composite Curve of Circular Arcs" Journal of the KSTLE, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 79-86.
- Ye, Z., Zhang, W., Huang, Q. and Chen, C., 2006, "Simple explicit formulae for calculating limit dimensions to avoid undercutting in the rotor of a Cycloid rotor pump," Mech. Mach. Theory, Vol. 41, No. 4, pp.405-414. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mechmachtheory.2005.07.001
- Chang, Y.J., Kim, J.H., Jeon, C.H., Kim, C. and Jung, S.Y., 2007, "Development of an Integrated System for the Automated Design of a Gerotor Oil Pump," ASME Journal of Mechnical Design, Vol. 129, No. 10, pp.1099-1105. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2757629
- Hsieh, C.F. and Hwang, J.H., 2007, "Geometric Design for a Gerotor Pump with High Area Efficiency," ASME Journal of Mechanical Design, Vol. 129, No. 12, pp. 1269-1277. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2779887
- Sasaki, H., Inui, N., Shimada, Y. and Ogata, D., 2008, "Development of High Efficiency P/M Internal Gear Pump rotor (Megafloid Rotor)," Automotive SEI Technical Review, No. 66, pp.124-128.
- Choi, T. H., Kim, M. S., Lee, G. S., Jung, S. Y. and Kim, C., 2011,"Design of Gerotor Using Cycloid and Circular- Arc Curves,"Journal of KSME, Vol. 35, No. 3, pp. 241-250. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2011.35.3.241
- Bae, J. H., Bae W. B., Joo, W. T. and Kim, C., 2014, "Optimal Design of Rotor Profile of Internal Gear Pump for Noise Reduction," J. of the KSPE, Vol. 38, No. 3, pp. 295-302.
- Optimal Design of Gerotor (Ellipse1-Elliptical Involute-Ellipse2 Combined Lobe Shape) for Improving Fuel Efficiency and Reducing Noise vol.33, pp.11, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7736/KSPE.2016.33.11.927