- Volume 39 Issue 12
This study investigates the friction noise characteristic in relation to the corrosion of metal by using the frictional reciprocating and pin-on-disk system. From the experiments, it is found that the corrosion of metal advances the onset time and increases the magnitude of friction noise. Further, it is observed that the effect of corrosion on friction noise stems from the alteration of tribo-surface during repetitive frictional motion. The alteration of the corrosive contact surface induces a negative friction-velocity slope, by which the corrosion of metal can generate dynamic instability faster than non-corrosion of metal.
Corrosion;Friction Noise;Tribo-Surface;Protective Layer;Wear Debris;Negative Slope
- Jibiki, T., Shima, M., Akita, H. and Tamura, M., 2001, "A Basic Study of Friction Noise Caused by Fretting," Wear, Vol. 251, pp. 1492-1503. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1648(01)00792-X
- Chen, G. X. and Zhou, Z. R., 2007, "Time-frequency Analysis of Friction-induced Vibration Under Reciprocating Sliding Conditions," Wear, Vol. 262, No. 112, pp. 1-10. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wear.2006.03.055
- Chen, G. X. and Zhou, Z. R. and Philippe, K. and Leo. V., 2002, "Effect of Surface Topography on Formation of Squeal Under Reciprocating Sliding," Wear, Vol. 253, pp. 411-423. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0043-1648(02)00161-8
- Meziane, A. and Baillet, L. and Laulgnet, B., 2010, "Experimental and Numerical Investigation on Friction-Induced Vibration of a Beam-on-Beam in Contact with Friction," Applied Acoustics, Vol. 71, pp. 843-853. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apacoust.2010.04.012
- Choi, H., Kang, J., 2014, Characteristics of Friction Noise with Changes of the Natural Frequencies in the Reciprocating Motion, Vol.24, pp. 332-338. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2014.24.4.332
- Nam, J. and Kang, J., 2012, "A Basic Experimental Study on the Squeak Noise Using the Pin-on-disk," Transactions of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, Vol. 22, No. 8, pp. 736-741. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2012.22.8.736
- Nam, J. and Kang, J., 2013, "Characteristics of Friction Noise with Respect to Friction Curve," Transactions of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, Vol. 23, No. 5, pp. 423-430. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2013.23.5.423
- Kang, J., 2014, "Investigation on Friction Noise in Beam Structure Under Mode-Coupling by Using Analytical Finite-Element Squeal Model," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 38, No. 5, pp. 545-550 https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2014.38.5.545
- Baek, J. and Kang, J., 2015, "An Experimental Investigation of Dry Friction Noise for Several Metallic Materials," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 39, No. 7, pp. 681-686 https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2015.39.7.681
- Grzesik, W., Zalisz, Z. and Nieslony, P., 2002, "Friction and Wear Testing of Multilayer Coatings on Carbide Substrates for Dry Machining Applications," Surface and Coatings Technology, Vol. 155, pp. 37-45 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0257-8972(02)00040-3
- Lee, H., 2005, Friction Wear Engineering, Taeilsa, Dae Gu, pp.95-117.
- Lyapunov exponent of friction-induced vibration under smooth friction curve vol.32, pp.8, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-018-0707-6
Supported by : 공주대학교