- Volume 39 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
A Study on Structural Safety of the Boom Hoisting Cylinder of a Coal Handling Machine
석탄하역기 붐 호이스팅 실린더의 구조 안전성에 관한 연구
- Received : 2015.09.16
- Accepted : 2015.10.27
- Published : 2015.12.01
A coal handling machine is a type of equipment used for loading coal, the main material in a steam power plant, along a conveyer belt from a ship, and is placed after the driving chain bucket. However, studies on the boom hoisting cylinder, which is a hydraulic system used to control the angle of the boom based on loading location, indicate that domestic models are insufficient, and are thereby often substituted with a foreign product. In this study, a technique for analyzing the contact pressure in a thick-walled cylinder was established by comparing the contact pressure, which is calculated theoretically based on the results obtained from FEM simulation, and by checking whether the working oil is leaking from the boom hoisting cylinder using a v-seal. In addition, the driving motion was simulated according to the strokes of the cylinder, and the structural stability was verified under the maximum output conditions.
Boom Hoisting Cylinder;Coal Handling Machine;V-seal;Contact Pressure;FE Analysis
- Energy Economic News, http://www.ekn.kr/news/article.html?no=78915.
- Park, S. H., Kim, J. H. and Kim, W. H., 2009, "An Evaluation on Sealing Performance of Elastomeric Oring Compressed and Highly Pressurized," Journal of the Korea society for Precision Engineering, Vol. 26, No. 2, pp. 86-93.
- Kim, C. K., 2005, "On the Contact Behavior Analysis of the O-ring Depending on the Contact Surface Profiles," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 29, No. 2, pp. 169-175.
- Kim, C. K. and Kim, D. H., 2012, "Finite Element Analysis on the Deformation Behavior Stability of Contact Sealing Rings," Journal of The Korean Institute of Gas, Vol. 16, No. 5, pp. 47-51. https://doi.org/10.7842/kigas.2012.16.5.47
- Kim, D. T. and Zhang, Z. J., 2011, "Analysis of a Low Friction Piston Seal in Pneumatic Cylinders," Journal of Drive and Control, Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 21-26.
- Yoo, M. H. and Lee, T. S., 2009, "A Study on the Relationship Between Stress Relaxation and Performance of a Lip Seal," Journal of the Korea Society for Precision Engineering, Vol. 26, No. 11, pp. 85-91.
- Yoo, M. H., Lee, T. S. and Kwon, J. H., 2006, "Computational and Experimental Investigation on UType Seal of Hydraulic Actuator," Journal of the Korea society for Precision Engineering, Vol. 23, No. 12, pp. 80-87.
- Ahn, J. T., Lee, K. C., Lee, Y. B. and Han, S. H., 2011, "Seat Tightness of Flexible Metal Seal of Butterfly Valve at Cryogenic Temperatures," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 35, No. 6, pp. 643-649. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2011.35.6.643
- Timoshenko, S. P., 1970, Theory of Elasticity, Mc Graw-Hill, New York.
- An, S. C., 2000, "Optimal Design of Dimensions of Die and Stress Rings in Extrusion," Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, pp. 12-14.
- Kim, E. H., Jang, J. H., Park, S. P. and Moon, Y. H., 2010, "Analysis of the Stress Characteristics of Double Layered Tube at Elevated Temperature," Transactions of Materials Processing, Vol. 19, No. 7, pp. 405-410. https://doi.org/10.5228/KSTP.2010.19.7.405
- Hur, K. D., Yeo, H. T. and Ye, S. D., 2000, "Design of the Prestressed Cold Extrusion Die with Two Stress Rings," Journal of the Korea society for Precision Engineering, Vol. 17, No. 10, pp. 77-82.
- Kim, T. H., Kim, B. M. and Choi, J. C., 1995, "Methodology of Tool Analysis to Improve the Accuracy of Cold Forged Parts," Journal of the Korea Society for Precision Engineering, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 29-33.
- Truman, C. E. and Booker, J. D., 2007, "Analysis of a Shrink-Fit Failure on a Gear Hub/Shaft Assembly," Engineering Failure Analysis, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 557-572. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engfailanal.2006.03.008
- Noda, N. A., Suryadi, D., Kumasaki, S., Sano, Y. and Takase, Y., 2015, "Failure Analysis for Coming out of Shaft from Shrink-Fitted Ceramic Sleeve," Engineering Failure Analysis, Vol. 57, pp. 219-235. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engfailanal.2015.07.016
- ANSYS, 2010, ANSYS Workbench Basic, ANSYS Inc., Pennsylvania, U.S.
- Lee, M. H. and Kim, S. W., 2003, "Development of 2-Dim Lagrangian Hydrocode and Application to Large Deformation Problems," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 27, No. 3, pp. 409-415. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2003.27.3.409
- Lee, K. S., Kim, D. W., Park, S. H., Cho, S. H. and Kim, B. W., 2002, "Analysis of Dynamic Contact and Stress of a Valve in Internal Combustion Engine," Transactions of KSAE, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 159-165.
- Kim, M. H., Kim, S. S. and Yun, H. S., 2013, "Comparative Study on DAE Solution Methods for Effective Multi-Body Dynamics Analysis of Unmanned Military Robot Based on Subsystem Synthesis Method," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 37, No. 9, pp. 1069-1075.
Supported by : 부산대학교