- Volume 39 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Development of the Accelerated Life Test Method & Life Test Equipment for the Counterweight of the Construction Machinery
건설기계용 카운터웨이트 시험장비 및 가속수명시험법 개발
Lee, Gi-Chun;Lee, Young-Bum;Choi, Byung-Oh;Kang, Bo-Sik;Kim, Do-Sik;Choi, Jong-Sik;Kim, Jae-Hoon
- Received : 2014.09.04
- Accepted : 2015.10.05
- Published : 2015.12.01
A large-sized exciter that vibrates a two-ton component is required to simulate the field operating conditions of a counterweight of an excavator. However, it is difficult for a small-medium sized company to obtain a large exciter for the life test of a counterweight which is an equivalent counterbalancing weight that balances a load. Therefore, in this study, we developed life test equipment for evaluating the reliability of construction machinery weighing about two tons. It simulates the field operating conditions using rotational vibrators consisting of electric motors. A failure analysis of the counterweight was also performed for the major components. Field data acquired from various sites were applied to the life test design of the counterweight. Finally, a zero-failure qualification test based on the accelerated life test was designed, and there was no failure during the test, which guarantees a life of
Counterweight;Construction Machinery;Exciter;Reliability Assessment;Accelerated Life Test
- Bosnjak, S. M., Petkovic, Z. D., Atanasovska, I. D., Milojevic, G. Z. and Mihajlovic, V. M., 2013, "Bucket Chain Excavator: Failure Analysis and Redesign of the Counterweight Boom Supporting Truss Columns," Eng. Fail. Anal, Vol. 32, pp. 322-333. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engfailanal.2013.04.012
- Rusinski, E., Czmochowski, J., Iluk, A. and Kowalczyk, M., 2010, "An Analysis of the Causes of a BWE Counterweight Boom Support Fracture," Eng. Fail. Anal. Vol. 17, 179-191. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engfailanal.2009.06.001
- ISO No. 19973-1, Pneumatic Fluid Power - Assessment of Component Reliability by Test - Part 1: General Procedures, 2007.
- Heinz, P. and Bloch, F. K. G., 1997, Machinery Failure Analysis and Troubleshooting. (Gulf Publishing Company), pp. 490-493
- MIL-STD-810G Environmental Engineering Considerations and Laboratory Tests
- Stephens, R. L., Fatemi, A., Stephens, R. R. and Fuchs, H. O., 2001, "Metal Fatigue in Engineering," 2 Edition, John Wiley & Sons.