- Volume 39 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Numerical Analysis for Drag Force of Underwater Vehicle with Exhaust Injected inside Supercavitation Cavity
초공동 수중비행체의 공동영역 내부에서 분사된 배기가스가 수중비행체의 항력에 미치는 영향에 대한 수치해석적 연구
- Received : 2015.02.06
- Accepted : 2015.11.25
- Published : 2015.12.01
A supercavitating vehicle has a speed of more than 300 km/h in water. A numerical analysis of the flow around a supercavitating vehicle must deal with a multiphase flow consisting of the water, vapor and exhaust gas because the vehicle is powered by roket propulsion. The effect of the exhaust gas on the vehicle is an important part in the study of the performance of the supercavitating vehicle. In the present study, the effect of the exhaust gas on the drag of vehicle was investigated by conducting numerical analysis. When there is no exhaust gas, drag of vehicle is affected by re-entrant. In the case with rocket propulsion, the exhaust gas reduces the influence of re-entrant. The exhaust gas also creates Mach disk and it changes drag profile.
Drag Coefficient;Exhaust Gas;Underwater Vehicle;Rocket Propulsion;Supercavitation
- Kunz, R. F., Boger, D. A., Stinebring, D. R., Chyczewski, T. S., Lindau, J. W., Gibeling, H. J., Venkateswaran, S. and Govindan, T. R., 2000, "A Preconditioned Navier-Stokes Method for Two-Phase Flows with Application to Cavitation Prediction," Computers & Fluids, Vol. 29.8, pp. 849-875. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0045-7930(99)00039-0
- Saurel, R. and Abgrall, R., 1999, "A Multiphase Godunov Method for Multifluid and Multiphase Flows," Journal of Computational Physics, Vol. 150, pp. 425-467. https://doi.org/10.1006/jcph.1999.6187
- Lindau, J. W., Venkateswaran, S., Kunz, R. F., and murkle, C. L., 2003, "Multiphase Computations for Underwater Propulsive Flows," 16th AIAA Computational Fluid Dynamics Conference, Vol. 4105, p. 2003.
- Saurel, R., Petitpas, F. and Berry, R. A., 2009, "Simple and Efficient Relaxation Methods for Interfaces Separating Compressible Fluids, Cavitating Flows and Shocks in Multiphase Mixture," Journal of Computational Physics, Vol. 228.5, pp. 1678-1712. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcp.2008.11.002
- Baer, M. R. and Nunziato, J. W., 1986, "A Two-Phase Mixture Theory for the Deflagration-to- Detonation Transition (DDT) in Reactive Granular Materials," International journal of multiphase flow, Vol. 12, No.6, pp. 861-889. https://doi.org/10.1016/0301-9322(86)90033-9
- Kapila, A. K., Menikoff, J. B., Bdzili, J. B., Son, S. F. and Stewart, D. S., 2001, "Two-Phase Modeling of Deflagration-to-Detonation Transition in Granular Materials: Reduced Equation," Physics of Fluid, 1994-present, Vol.13, No.10, pp. 3002-3024. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1398042
- Kwack, Y. K. and Ko, S. H., 2011, "Calculation of 2D Supercaviating Flow by Diffuse Interface Model," Proceedings of the KSME 2011 Conference, pp. 2094-2098.
- Toro, E. F., Spruce, M. and Speares, W., 1994, "Restoration of the Contact Surface in the HLLC Riemann Solver," Shock Waves, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 25-34. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01414629
Grant : 분사형 초공동 특성에 대한 실험 및 해석연구
Supported by : 한국연구재단