- Volume 57 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Temporal and Spatial Changes in Observed Groundwater Level in a Paddy Region
논 관개 지역의 지하수위 관측을 통한 시공간적 지하수위 변동 특성 분석
Jang, Min-Won;Park, Ki-Wook;Kim, Seong Joon;Bae, Seung-Jong
- Received : 2015.11.25
- Accepted : 2015.11.27
- Published : 2015.11.30
This study aimed to establish a field observation system for monitoring tempo-spatially precise changes of groundwater level and to analyze the impact of rainfall and irrigation practices on groundwater changes in paddy regions. The monitoring system comprising of all nine groundwater observation wells and four ponding depth sensors was installed in a part of paddy regions benefited from Gosam reservoir, Ansung-si. The result of grundwater level change during the irrigation period in 2002 was averagely 0.51 m higher than that during the non-irrigation period. In particular between March before puddling and June after transplanting, there was maximum 1.23 m rise in groundwater level. On the other hand, concerning the change in ponding depth, groundwater level changed similarly, and hourly rainfall was revealed to have better correlation with 24-hour delayed hourly groundwater level than with the corresponding groundwater level. Eventually, this study could be referenced for further studies to set up a more comprehensive and sustainable monitoring system of groundwater conditions.
- Choi, B.S., and J.K. Ahn, 1998. A Study on the Estimation of Regional Groundwater Recharge Ratio. Journal of the Korean Society of Groundwater Environment 5(2): 57-65 (in Korean).
- Cho, B.W., U. Yun, B.D. Lee, and K.S. Ko, 2012. Hydrological Characteristics of the Wangjeon-ri PCWC area, Nonsan-city, with an Empasis on Water Level Variations. The Journal of Engineering Geology 22(2): 195-205 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.9720/kseg.2012.22.2.195
- Cho, M.J., S.H. Cho, and G.C. Ha, 2004. Groundwater Level and Groundwater Quality at Namwon. In Proceedings of the Korean Society of Soil and Groundwater Environment Conference-Fall, 435-439, Jeonju (in Korean).
- Eom, K.C., S.H. Yun, S.W. Hwang, S.G. Yun, and D.S. Kim, 1993, Public Benefit form Paddy Soil, Korean Journal of Soil Science and Fertilizer 26(4): 314-333 (in Korean).
- GIMS (National Groundwater Information Management and Service Center), http://www.gims.go.kr. Accessed 31 Oct, 2015 (in Korean).
- Ha, K., K.S. Ko, D.C. Koh, B.W. Yum, and K.K. Lee, 2006. Time Series Analysis of the Responses of the Groundwater Levels at Multi-depth Wells According to the River Stage Fluctuations. Economic and Environmental Geology 39(3): 269-284 (in Korean).
- Jeoung, J.H., and S.K. Park, 2003. Calculation of Pumping Rate Considering the Change of Groundwater Level. KCID Journal 10(1): 64-72 (in Korean).
- KEI (Korea Environment Institute), 2005. A Rational Plan for Improving Groundwater Quality Management and Cleanup Standards. Ministry of Environment (in Korean).
- Kim, D.P., 2011. Water Balance Analysis using Observation Data of the Seolma-Cheon Experimental Catchment of the 2010. In Proceedings of the Korea Water Resources Association Conference Pyeongchang, Kangwon (in Korean).
- KREI (Korea Rural Economic Institute), 2001. Valuation of Multifunctionality of Agriculture. Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry (in Korean).
- K-water (Korea Water Resources Corporation), 2014. 2014 Groundwater Annual Report. Ministry of Land Infrastructure and Transport (in Korean).
- Lee, B.S., Y.I. Kim, K.J. Choi, S.H. Song, J.H. Kim, D.K. Woo, M.K. Seol, and K.Y. Park, 2014. Rural Groundwater Monitoring Network in Korea. Journal of Soil and Groundwater Environment 19(4): 1-11 (in Korean).
- Lee, D.R., and H.B. Gu, 2000. Analysis of Groundwater Recharge Characteristics Using Relationship between Rainfall and Groundwater Level. Journal of Korea Water Resources Association 33(1): 51-59 (in Korean).
- Yun, S.W., Y.S. Kim, D.H. Kim, H.C. Kim, M.C. Shin, J.Y. Park, H.J. Kim, and J.Y. Lee, 2013. Comparative Study on Waterlevel Fluctuation and Recharge Characteristics in Groundwater of Urban and Rural Areas in Gangwon Province. Journal of the Geological Society of Korea 49(4): 503-516 (in Korean).
Supported by : 한국농어촌공사, 국토교통부