- Volume 65 Issue 7
The purpose of this study was to identify the relationship of interpersonal relations disposition, appearance concern, appearance management behavior of men through a structural study method. Three hypotheses were established to verify the relationships among interpersonal relations disposition, appearance concern and appearance management behavior. The questionnaires were administered in the city of Daegu to 201 males in their 20s to 50s. The SPSS 20.0 package was utilized for data analysis, which included frequency analysis, factor analysis, correlation analysis and Cronbach's
- Ahn, B. H. (1985). Validation study for scales relating to interpersonal relations adequacy and interpersonal relations disposition (Unpublished doctoral dissertation). Yonsei University, Seoul, Republic of Korea.
- Ahn, B. H. (2010). Interpersonal relations. Seoul, Korea: Taeyoung.
- Fornell, C., & Larcker, D. F. (1981). Evaluating structural equation models with unobservable variables and measurement error. Journal of Marketing Research, 18(February), 39-50. https://doi.org/10.2307/3151312
- Gim, W. S., Kwon, J, H., & Ryu, Y. J. (2010). Social instrumentality of appearance: Sacle development and validation. The Korean Journal of Health psychology, 15(3), 549-568. https://doi.org/10.17315/kjhp.2010.15.3.011
- Gong, S. E. (2005). Study on correlations between body image and characteristics of personal relationship to children and adolescent (Unpublished master's thesis). Korea University, Seoul, Republic of Korea.
- Hong, B. S., & Paik, I. S. (2006). Psychological factors effect of men's appearance management. Chungang Journal of Human Ecology, 24, 49-66.
- Jang, J. Y., Hwang, S. J., & Jeon, H. Y. (2007). Men's cometics purchasing behavior based on the Level of interest in Appearance, the country of origin, and the sales promotion. Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 57(6), 160-171.
- Joe, G. D. & Jang, S. H. (2012). Personal relations and communications. Seoul, Korea: Dongmunsa.
- Joe, S. M. (2000). Effects of sociocultural attitude toward appearance and body images on clothing benefits sought (Unpublished master's thesis). Yonsei University, Seoul, Republic of Korea.
- Kang, D. Y., & An, J. S. (2012). Influence of male beard design on the impression's formation. Journal of Seoul Design Forum Society, 18(2), 199-213.
- Kim, C. Y. (2009). The relationship between on body image, self-esteem and interpersonal relations according to golf of youth (Unpublished master's thesis). Korea National Sport University, Seoul, Republic of Korea.
- Kim, S. H. (2005). The relationships among appearance satisfaction, interpersonal relations, self-assertion, and academic achievement of high school students (Unpublished master's thesis). Kangwon National University, Chuncheon, Republic of Korea.
- Kim, S. J. (2008). Interest in appearance, skin care and dietary behavior of male and female college students: The mediating effect of knowledge (Unpublished master's thesis). Hanyang University, Seoul, Republic of Korea.
- Kim, H. J., & Lee, M. H. (2010). A study of appearance management behaviors and body exposure attitudes according to sex role identity. Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 60(3), 99-109.
- Ku, Y. S., Lee, Y. J., & Choo, T. G. (2011). A study on appearance management behavior of male consumers(3)-Focusing on the gender role identity-. Journal of the Korean Society for clothing Industry, 13(2), 226-233. https://doi.org/10.5805/KSCI.2011.13.2.226
- Kwon, B. Y. (2000). Study on relations of first year college student's type of interpersonal relationship problems and their perceived parent-child communication style and child rearing style (Unpublished master's thesis). Yonsei University, Seoul, Republic of Korea.
- Kwon, S. H. (2004). (SAS, SPSS) Analysis of survey. Paju, Korea: Jayou academy.
- Lee, B. I. (2000). The analysis of job, self-efficacy, sex role identities, social contact according to university student's major and job choice (Unpublished doctoral dissertation). Sungkyunkwan University, Seoul, Republic of Korea.
- Lee, D. I. (2006). A study on the effects of a school marathon on the participants' physical self-efficacy (Unpublished master's thesis). Dongguk University, Seoul, Republic of Korea.
- Lee, E. S. (2007a). The effects of the appearance satisfaction and the sex difference on self-efficacy, school-related adjustment and achievement motivation for the elementary school students (Unpublished master's thesis). Chungnam National University, Daejeon, Republic of Korea.
- Lee, G. H. (2011). The analysis of efects of university students' depression and self-Efficiency on the trends of personal relationship : verification of parametric effects of appearance satisfaction (Unpublished doctoral dissertation). Hanseo University, Seosan, Republic of Korea.
- Lee, H. O. (2013). Appearance-related consumption behavior according to interpersonal relations and masculinity -Mediated effect of appearance concern-. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 15(5), 777-786. https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2013.15.5.777
- Lee, H. O. (2014). Study on the effects of college students' interpersonal relations disposition on appearance concern and appearance management behavior. Fashion & Textile Research Journal, 16(6), 888-896. https://doi.org/10.5805/SFTI.2014.16.6.888
- Lee, J. H. (2004). Study on the appearance management behaviors in university man : As related to sex role identity (Unpublished master's thesis) Ewha Womans University, Seoul, Republic of Korea.
- Lee, S. S., & Kim, J. S. (2010). Influences of selfconstruals on appearance-related consumption behavior: Mediation of self-presentation and moderation of appearance emphasis situation. Korean Journal of Consumer and Advertising Psychology, 11(1), 137-157. https://doi.org/10.21074/kjlcap.2010.11.1.137
- Lee, Y. J. (2007b). Transactions : male consumers' motives of appearance management behavior -Focused on their sex role identities and benefit sought in clothing. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 31(4), 551-56. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2007.31.4.551
- Moon, H. K., & Yoo, T. A. (2003). A study of the self-esteem, degree of appearance concern, clothing attitude and make-up. Journal of the Korean Society of Costume, 53(4), 101-112.
- 'Mr. beauty ... More than half of men using the function al cosmetics'. (2008, January 23). Retrieved from http://fashion.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2008/01/23/2008012351009.html
- Na, E. Y. (2012). Interpersonal Communication, Mass media. Seoul, Korea: hannare.
- Noh, S. O. (2011). Study on hair style behavior and make-up motivation associated with interpersonal relation and life satisfaction : focusing on women in their 20s, 30s, and 40s (Unpublished doctoral dissertation). Sungshin Women's University, Seoul, Republic of Korea.
- Park, D. H. (2003). Effects of a self-growth program on the personal relations tendencies and adaptation to school life of elementary school students (Unpublished master's thesis). Andong National University, Andong, Republic of Korea.
- Park, S. J. (2007). A categorization of analysis for young male's fashion, hair, skin, body image : unified methods of contents analysis, survey and Q analysis (Unpublished doctoral dissertation). Chungnam National University, Daejeon, Republic of Korea.
- Park, S. J., & Park, G. S. (2008a). Male attitude and recognition for appearance management behavior. The Research Journal of the Costume Culture, 16(3), 533-546. https://doi.org/10.29049/rjcc.2008.16.3.533
- Park, S. J., & Park, G. S. (2008b). The changing aspect of appearances in male fashion magazines. Journal of the Korean Living Science Association, 17(1), 105-114.
- Ryou, E. J., & Kim, Y. H. (2008). Appearance management behaviors and motives by body image of college men. Journal of the Korean Home Economics Association, 46(1), 63-72.
- Song, I. S., Park, E. S., & Shin, E. Y. (1999). A validation for scales relating to interpersonal relations. Journal of Educational Psychology, 13(1), 447-467.
- Sung, Y. S., Park, E. A., Lee, J. W., & Kim, W. S. (2009). Psychological power of beauty: focused on gender difference and life-domain difference. Journal of the Korean psychology, 10(3), 461-488
- Yoo, H., & Choi. S. H. (2014). Influence on achievements on appearance management strategies in workplace. Journal of Korea Society of Design Trend, 42(1), 405-416.
- 1. Differences in Appearance Management Behavior according to Occupational Characteristics and Demographic Characteristics of Workers vol.67, pp.2, 2017, doi:10.7233/jksc.2015.65.7.118