- Volume 27 Issue 9
The air-bubble sheet has been widely used to wrap fragile products for long-distance transportation. The further usage of the air-bubble sheet as a thermal-insulation material for the reduction of the thermal conductivities of window systems has occurred because of its low price, in addition to its thermal-conductivity properties. In this study, the thermal performances of a variety of commercial air-bubble sheets according to various applications were evaluated. The experiments were performed with single-glazed and double-glazed windows and three types of air-bubble sheets of different air volumes. U-values are used and were calculated for the determination of the thermal performances that are based on the KS F 2278. The maximum decrease of the U-value was measured as 1.092 when a sheet was attached onto the frame of single-glazed window. The square-like air-bubble sheet that contains the largest air volume shows the highest thermal-resistance value. Double layers of the air-bubble sheets show better performances than those of the single layers on both sides of the windows.
- Jang, C. Y., 2010, Current situation of window technology, Journal of the KSME, Vol. 50, No. 7, pp. 47-50.
- Li, S., Zhong, K., Zhou, Y., and Zhang, X., 2014, Comparative study on the dynamic heat transfer characteristics of PCM-filled glass window and hollow glass window, Energy and Buildings, Vol. 85, pp. 483-492. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enbuild.2014.09.054
- Bergh, S. V. D., Hart, R., Jelle, B. P., and Gustavsen, A., 2013, Window spacers and edge seals in insulating glass units : A state-of-the-art review and future perspectives, Energy and Buildings, Vol. 58, pp. 263-280 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enbuild.2012.10.006
- Han, C. G., Oh, S. G., Sin, D. Y., and Kim, J., 2006, The insulation curing method of cold weather concreting using double bubble sheets, Journal of the Korea Institute of Building Construction, Vol. 18 No. 6, pp. 51-59.
- KS F 2278, 2014, The test method of window's thermal insulation.
- KS M 3808, 2011, Expandable polystyrene insulation.
- KS F 2295, 2004, The test method of window's condensation performance.
- Recent Progress in Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Research : A Review of Papers Published in the Korean Journal of Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Engineering in 2015 vol.28, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6110/KJACR.2015.27.9.463