- Volume 27 Issue 9
DOI QR Code
Study on Field Experiment of Stack Effect Reduction in Stairwell of Building
건축물 계단에서의 연돌효과 저감방안에 대한 현장실험 연구
- Received : 2015.04.07
- Accepted : 2015.08.10
- Published : 2015.09.10
The winter stack effect that occurs in vertical construction passages such as the stairwell or elevator shaft of a high-rise building negatively affects living environments, energy usage, and personal safety; therefore, a mitigation of the stack effect is required to improve building conditions. Recently, circulation-type facilities that comprise the usage of air blowers and vertical ducts were proposed as part of a mechanical approach to quantitatively control the stack effect. In this study, these circulation-type facilities were installed in a building stairwell and the performance of the device was evaluated during its operation. A numerical-analysis result was obtained under the test conditions using a network-model-based, numerical-analysis method, and the result was then used for a comparison with the test result.
Stack effect;High-rise building;Pressure difference;Field experiment;Numerical analysis
- Tamura, G. T. and Wilson, A. G., 1967, Pressure differences caused by chimney effect in three high buildings, ASHRAE Transactions, Vol. 73, No. 2, pp. II.1.1-II.1.10.
- Jo, J. H., Yang, I. H., Yeo, M. S., and Kim, K. W., 2002, A case study on the field measurement and reduction of the stack effect in high-rise buildings, Journal of the architectural institute of Korea planning and design, Vol. 18, No. 7, pp. 169-176.
- Jo, J. H., Lim, J. H., Song, S. Y., Yeo, M. S., and Kim, K. W., 2007, Characteristics of pressure distribution and solution to the problems caused by stack effect in high-rise residential buildings, Building and Environment, Vol. 42, No. 1, pp. 263-277. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.buildenv.2005.07.002
- Lee, K. H., Kim, S. M., Park, Y. H., Moon, J. S., and Sohn, J. Y., 2005, A study on the air tightness performance and stack effect characteristics in high-rise apartments, Journal of the architectural institute of Korea planning and design, Vol. 21, No. 12, pp. 279-286.
- Yang, H., Yeo, M. S., Jo, J. H., and Kim, K. W., 2002, Simulation of the stack effect in high-rise buildings, Korean Journal of Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Engineering, Vol. 14, No. 6, pp. 456-467.
- Jo, J. H., 2005, Simulation of pressure distribution and solving the pressure differentials problem in high-rise residential buildings, Journal of the architectural institute of Korea planning and design, Vol. 21, No.11, pp. 269-276.
- Kim, J. Y. and Kim, J. S., 2015, Study on 3D numerical analysis of stack effect reduction in stairwell of building, Korean Journal of Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Engineering, Vol. 27, No. 3, pp. 152-157. https://doi.org/10.6110/KJACR.2015.27.3.152
- NIST, 2013, CONTAMW Ver.3.1.
- Recent Progress in Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Research : A Review of Papers Published in the Korean Journal of Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Engineering in 2015 vol.28, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6110/KJACR.2016.28.6.256
Grant : 수직통로내 공기의 급기 및 배기를 통한 고층건물에서의 연돌효과 저감설비 개발
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원