- Volume 27 Issue 10
During the progression of this study, we visited 17 medical institutions. These medical institutions underwent inspection for facility eligibility of national inpatient isolation units to care for patients. Seventeen consultation meetings were held to gather expert opinions, and conferences were held with the medical institutions and local levels of government. Based on these facts, we established a field application model of the criteria of safety-management and conducted a study on this method in order to create more scientific and systematic safety-management criteria including criteria regarding facilities maintenance and methods of equipment inspection. According to an analysis on the 17 medical institutions examined, facility eligibility of 17 national inpatient isolation units was found to be 78.3% on average. Through analysis of the present domestic and foreign conditions of medical institutions, we proposed improvements for when remodeling becomes necessary and established criteria for safety-management in national inpatient isolation units for the care of patients in accordance with the domestic healthcare system.
Inspection;Facility eligibility;National inpatient isolation units;Criteria of safety-management
- SARS, 2011, AI in human, PI, National inpatient isolation units management guideline, KCDC.
- Guidelines for laboratory biosafety, KCDC, 2008.
- Guideline for recombinant gene experiment, Minister of Health and Welfare, 2014.
- Statement of verification for biosafety level3 laboratory, KCDC, 2012.
- Laboratory Biosafety Manual, WHO, 2004.
- Guidelines for Environmental Infection Control in Health-Care Facilities, CDC, 2003.
- Laboratory Biosafety Guidelines, Health Canada, 2004.
- Biosafety in Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories, CDC/NIH, 2007.
- European Network for Highly Infectious Diseases, Manual for the safe and appropriate management of Highly Infectious Disease patients in isolation facilities: EU contract No: 2006205, 2011.
- Hong, J. K., Lee, D., Jung, J. H., and Son, T. J., 2015, A study on the facility inspection and validation of national inpatient isolation units, SAREK Annual meeting, pp. 984-988.
- Recent Progress in Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Research : A Review of Papers Published in the Korean Journal of Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Engineering in 2015 vol.28, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6110/KJACR.2016.28.6.256