- Volume 27 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Header and Channel Angle Variation on Two-Phase Flow Distribution at Multiple Junctions
헤더-채널 분기관의 각도변화가 2상 유동 분배에 미치는 영향에 대한 연구
- Received : 2015.03.09
- Accepted : 2015.09.09
- Published : 2015.11.10
The main objective of this work is to experimentally investigate the effect of angle variation on the distribution of two-phase flow at header-channel junctions. The cross-sections of the header and the channels were fixed at
Flow distribution;Two-phase;Angle variation;Header
- Lee, S. Y., 2006, Flow distribution behavior in condensers and evaporators, Proceedings of the 13th Int. Heat Transfer Conference, Sydney, Australia.
- Lee, J. K., 2005, An Experimental Study on Twophase Flow Distribution at Header-Channel Junctions, Ph.D. Dissertation, Department of Mechanical Engineering, KAIST.
- Webb, R. L. and Chung, K., 2004, Two-phase flow distribution in tubes of parallel flow heat exchangers, Heat Transfer Engineering, Vol. 26, pp. 3-18.
- Hrnjak, P., 2004, Developing Adiabatic Two Phase Flow in Headers-Distribution Issue in Parallel Flow Microchannel Heat Exchangers, Heat Transfer Engineering, Vol. 25, pp. 61-68.
- Dario, E. R., Tadrist, L., and Passos, J. C., 2013, Review on two-phase flow distribution in parallel channels with macro and micro hydraulic diameters : Main results, analyses, trends, Applied Thermal Engineering, Vol. 59, pp. 316-335. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.applthermaleng.2013.04.060
- Lee, J. K., 2009, Two-phase flow behavior inside a header connected to multiple parallel channels, Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, Vol. 33, pp. 195-202. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.expthermflusci.2008.03.009
- Kim, N. H. and Han, S. P., 2008, Distribution of airwater annular flow in a header of a parallel flow heat exchanger, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 51, pp. 977-992. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijheatmasstransfer.2007.05.028
- Cho, H. and Cho, K., 2004, Mass flow rate distribution and phase separation of R-22 in multi-microchannel tubes under adiabatic condition, Nanoscale and Microscale Thermophysical Engineering, Vol. 8, pp. 129-139. https://doi.org/10.1080/10893950490445405
- Vist, S. and Pettersen, J., 2004, Two-phase Flow Distribution in Compact Heat Exchanger Manifolds, Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, Vol. 28, pp. 209-215. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0894-1777(03)00041-4
- Marchitto, A., Devia, F., Fossa, M., Guclielmini, G., and Schenone, C., 2008, Experiments on two-phase flow distribution inside parallel channels of compact heat exchangers, International Journal of Multiphase Flow Vol. 34, pp. 128-144. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmultiphaseflow.2007.08.005
- Ahmad, M., Berthoud, G., and Mercier, P., 2009, General characteristics of two-phase flow distribution in a compact heat exchanger, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 52, pp. 442-450. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijheatmasstransfer.2008.05.030
- Lee, J. K. and Lee, S. Y., 2004, Disbution of twophase annular flow at header-channel junctions, Experimental Thermal and Fluid Science, Vol. 28, pp. 217-222. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0894-1777(03)00042-6
- Lee, J. K., 2010, Optimum Channel Intrusion Depth for Uniform Flow Distribution at Header-Channel Junctions, J. of Mech. Sci. and Tech., Vol. 24, pp. 1011-1017. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-010-0317-4
- Troniewski, L. and Ulbrich, R., 1984, Two-phase gas liquid flow in rectangular channels, Chem. Eng. Sci., Vol. 39, pp. 751-765. https://doi.org/10.1016/0009-2509(84)80182-7
- Recent Progress in Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Research : A Review of Papers Published in the Korean Journal of Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Engineering in 2015 vol.28, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6110/KJACR.2016.28.6.256
Supported by : 교육과학기술부