- Volume 31 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
An Analysis of Facade Elements for Energy BIM-based Facade Design
Energy BIM 기반 파사드 디자인을 위한 입면 형태 구성요소 분석에 관한 연구
- Lee, Ju-sik ;
- Lee, Kweon-Hyoung ;
- Choo, Seung-Yeon
- 이주식 ;
- 이권형 ;
- Received : 2015.07.02
- Accepted : 2015.11.16
- Published : 2015.11.30
Environmental contamination has been a global issued problem and each country tries to make a solution for it. In South Korea, institutional solutions like Energy Consumption Certification has been issued and proposed to solve the environmental problem. However, it has been lack of solutions which consider architectural design method itself. After industrial revolution in 20th century, the façade design of contemporary architecture has been developed based on 'envelope' concept which is so different from the methods of design before. And achieving environment friendly is a global wide issue in these days. Accordingly, the substantive development for environmental problems in architectural design method, which is extension of present architectural theories are required. For this reason, this study focused on energy performance based façade design method for renovation projects which must be considered existing building situation and context. First of all, building facades of South Korean national universities which constructed through 1960's and 1970's are analyzed with the compositional design method. Second, the certain elements of façade's design properties are simulated to find differences of energy performance. Through this process we can see the correlation between façade element's design and energy performance. And not only the definite design method of energy performance based façade design but also design process that architects approach can be suggested.
BIM;Energy;Facade;University Buildings;Elevation Design;Design Elements
- Cho, J. S., & Jeon, J. C. (2011). A Comparative Analysis on the Envelope Design of Multi-Function Tall Buildings. Journal of the Architecture Institute of Korea, Planning and Design Section 27(10).
- Choe, S. k. (2014). Renovation and Conservation based on the Significance of Modern Architecture - A Study on Renovation of Korean Modern Architecture of 1960-70s -. Journal of the Architecture Institute of Korea, Planning and Design Section 23(1).
- Choi, J. M. (2013). A Study on the Building Energy Evaluation Using Land Plus Mass Parameter Family of Building Information Modeling at the Early Design Stage. Journal of the Architecture Institute of Korea, Planning and Design Section 29(7).
- Gonzalo, R., & Vallentin, R. (2014). Passive House Design -Planning and Design of Energy-efficient Buildings-, Detail.
- Krier, R. (1988). Architectural Composition, Academy Editions, UK
- Kang, C. M., Kim, C. J., & Lee, G. Y. (2000). A Study on the Facade Characteristics of the Facades of the Main Administration Buildings in Korean Universities. Journal of the Architecture Institute of Korea, Planning and Design Section 16(8).
- Lee, K. H., Choo, S. Y., & Park, S. K. (2012). A Study on LOD(Level of Development) for Development of Green BIM Guidelines - Focused on Energy Performance Estimation-. Journal of the Architecture Institute of Korea, Planning and Design Section 28(6).
- Lee, I. P., Park, J. D., & Park, H. S. (2009). A Study on the Relation between Architectural Building Skin and Biological Epidermis Functions. Journal of the Architecture Institute of Korea, Planning and Design Section 25(10).
- Lee, J. S., Choo, S. Y., Lee, K. H., Ryu, J. R., & Lee, Y. J. (2014). Status on Green BIM Data Utilization of National BIM Architectural Competitions in Korea. Society of CAD/CAM Engineers 16(1).
- Lee, K. H., Kim, I. H., & Choo, S. Y. (2014). A Causality Analysis among Architectural Design Decision Factors in the Early Design Stage - focused on Reduction of Cooling and Heating Loads in Energy BIM Simulation. Journal of the Architecture Institute of Korea, Planning and Design Section 30(12).
- Moon, H. J., & Kim, S. K. (2012). Development of a BIM based Energy Performance Evaluation Method for Buildings with a Twisted Shape in Early Design Stage. Journal of the Architecture Institute of Korea, Planning and Design Section 28(7).
- Park, H. S., Park, J. W., Lee, H. S., & Choi, J. W. (2006). A Basic Study on Architectural Facade Shape Design Method using Vision-Based Emotional Descriptive Language - Focused on Developing an Opening Shape Design of a Commercial Building Facade-. Journal of the Architecture Institute of Korea, Planning and Design Section 22(9).
- Seo, H. S. (2011). A Study on the Application of Design in the Facade of the National University - Focused on the K-National University in Daegu-. Korean Institute of Interior Design 20(3).
- Yu, H. J. (2007). Understanding of Architectural Space and Form by keywords, Munundang.
- Yang, J. I., Choi, J. S., & Kim, I. H. (2014). A Study on the Proposal and Application of Open BIM-based Design Method of Super-tall Building's Envelopes through Energy Performance Analysis. Journal of the Architecture Institute of Korea, Planning and Design Section 30(6).
- The American Institute of Architecture. (2008). AIA Document E202TM-2008 Building Information Modeling Protocol Exhibit. The American Institute of Architecture. from http://www.aia.org
Supported by : 한국과학재단