- Volume 31 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
An Analysis of Environmental Factors affecting the Sexual Assault in Metropolitan Cities
대도시 성범죄발생에 영향을 미치는 환경요인 분석
- Jung, Seung-Woo ;
- Lee, Kyung-Hoon
- 정승우 ;
- Received : 2015.06.19
- Accepted : 2015.11.12
- Published : 2015.11.30
Despite of the implementation of the various system, the number of sexual assault cases is increasing. These system are measure to control the sex offenders and it is difficult to control the sex offenders or the sexual assault victims. However, It is necessary to be factor derivation, for the environmental control is relatively easy. the sexual assault ratio, meanwhile, happen a lot in metropolitan cities. The purpose of this study was to analyze the factors on sex offense. sociodemographic and physical characteristics related sexual assault in previous researches was drawn and correlation and regression analysis was performed. The results show that the percentage of women vulnerable to sexual assault and the density of security lights had influence on the number of sexual assault cases per urbanization area. However, As the percentage of young adult population increase the number of sexual assault cases per urbanization area.
Sexual Assault;Environmental Factor;Metropolitan Cities;Crime Prevention
- Canter, D. & Larkin, P. (1993). The environmental range of serial rapists. Journal of Environmental Psychology, 13, 63-71. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0272-4944(05)80215-4
- Chung, M. (2014). Geographic Profiling for Serial Rapists. Thesis, Kyungpook National University, 39.
- Cohen, L. & Felson, M. (1979). Social change and crime rate trends: a routine activity approach. American Sociological Review, 44(4), 588-608. https://doi.org/10.2307/2094589
- Heo, K. (2007). A study on the criminal profiling process of serial rape. Korean Society for Correction Service, 85-108
- Jeong, K., Moon, T., Jeong, J., & Heo, S. (2009). Analysis of spatio-temporal pattern of urban crime and its influencing factors, Journal of the Korean Association of Geographic Information Studies, 12(1), 12-25.
- Jung, S. (2007). The Spatial Pattern Analysis of Urban Crime and its Influencing Factors using GIS and Spatial Statistics: A Case Study of Seoul, Korea. Thesis, Seoul National University, 91.
- Kang, J. & Kim, H. (2007). The effect of the green space on the crime in the city. Journal of Korean Society of Civil Engineers, 27(1), 117-129.
- Kim, C., Kang, I., Park, D., & Kim, S. (2014). Analysis of the Five Major Crime Utilizing the Correlation.Regression Analysis with GIS. Journal of the Korean Society for Geospatial Information System, 22(3), 71-77.
- Kim, D. & Kang, N. (2008). Regression Analysis. n.d., Nanam, 121-142.
- Kim, D., Yoon, Y., & Ahn, K. (2007). A study on urban crime in relation to lan use Patterns. Journal of the Korea Planners Association, 42(7), 155-168
- Prosecution Service. (2013), 2013 Analytical report on crimes. Prosecution Service, (146), 236-244. Retrieved December 2, 2014 from http://www.spo.go.kr/spo/info/stats/stats02_2013.jsp
- Lee, H. & Jung, S. (2012). Analysis of urban built-environment factors influencing on child-abuse. Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, 28(1), 217-226.
- Lee, H. (1994). Residential Area Characteristics and Crime. Thesis, Ewha Woman's University, 82.
- Lee, K. (2009). Security issues of women and crime prevention through environmental design. Annual Conventions of Korean Psychological Association, 14-15.
- Lee, M. (2002). Criminology. n.d., Hakhyunsa.
- Lee, S. & Cho, J. (2006). The effect of spatial and environmental factors on crime victimization. The Seoul Institute, 57-76.
- Park, C. (2007). A study on geographical Profiling of child sexual abuse. Journal of Geography, 53, 65-86.
- Park, J., Choi, I., Kim, D., Kim, J., Lee, K., Park, H., Son, W., Shin, Y., & Cheung, J. (2014). The Development of Crime Risk Assessment Tool and Its Application in South Korea(II). Korean Institute of Criminology, 109-110.
- Roncek, D W. & Maier, P A. (1991). Bar, blocks, and crimes resisited: Linking the theory of routine activities to the empiricism of "Hot spots". Criminology, 29(4), 725-753. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1745-9125.1991.tb01086.x
- Shin, S. (2010). Characteristics of Urban Built Environments from the Perspective of Everyday Life Safety in Seoul. Seoul Development Institute, 73-89.
- Small Enterprise and Market Service. (n.d.). http://sg.sbiz.or.kr/index.sg?supDev=1#/analy/cigungu, Retrieved December 2, 2014
- Statistics Korea. (1996). http://sgis.kostat.go.kr/statbd/statbd_02.vw, Retrieved December 2, 2014
- The Ministry of Genderequality & Family. (2010). http://www.sexoffender.go.kr/m1s2_2.nsc, Retrieved December 6, 2014
Supported by : 고려대학교