- Volume 31 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
An Occupants' Location-Driven Control of Radiant Floor Heating Using Fingerprinting Method in Residential Buildings
주거용 건물에서 핑거프린팅 기법을 이용한 재실자의 위치 기반 바닥 복사난방 제어
- Bae, Woo-Bin ;
- Ko, Jong-Hwan ;
- Mun, Sun-Hye ;
- Huh, Jung-Ho
- 배우빈 ;
- 고종환 ;
- 문선혜 ;
- Received : 2015.07.21
- Accepted : 2015.11.09
- Published : 2015.11.30
The purpose of this study is to control the occupants' location based radiant floor heating system for improving the inefficient use of energy in the residential building. In this study, the fingerprinting method was used to estimate the location of occupants connected to Wi-Fi through the smartphone. Based on the location of occupants, the energy usage amount and comfort of representative room control method and individual room control method were analyzed. As a result of this study, the location estimation of occupants showed 100% of accuracy. As compared to the existing control method, the corresponding control method showed better comfort and reduced energy consumption by 8.5%.
Wi-Fi;Fingerprinting;Radiant Floor Heating;Occupants' Location-Driven Control;HEMS
- Agarwal, Y., Balaji, B., Dutta, S., Gupta, R. K., & Weng, T. (2011, April). Duty-cycling buildings aggressively: The next frontier in HVAC control. In Information Processing in Sensor Networks (IPSN), 2011 10th International Conference, 246-257.
- Agarwal, Y., Balaji, B., Gupta, R., Lyles, J., Wei, M., & Weng, T. (2010, November). Occupancy-driven energy management for smart building automation. In Proceedings of the 2nd ACM Workshop on Embedded Sensing Systems for Energy-Efficiency in Building, 1-6.
- Bae, W., Kim, Y., Mun, S., & Huh, J. (2015). Prediction of occupants based on existing wi-fi infrastructure. Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, 31(4), 227-228.
- Bae, W., Ko, J., Mun, S., & Huh, J. (2015). Radiant floor heating control based on occupants location using fingerprinting method, Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, 35(1), 229-230.
- Bahl, P., & Padmanabhan, V. (2000). RADAR: An in-building RF-based user location and tracking system, Proceedings of INFOCOM 2000 Tel Aviv, 2, 780.
- Choi, J., Jeon, B., & Lee, S. (2012). A location-based green home service using a smart phone, The Journal of the Institute of Webcasting, Internet and Telecommunication, 12(3), 89-91. https://doi.org/10.7236/JIWIT.2012.12.3.89
- Erickson, V. L., & Cerpa, A. E. (2010). Occupancy based demand response HVAC control strategy. In Proceedings of the 2nd ACM Workshop on Embedded Sensing Systems for Energy-Efficiency in Building, 7-12.
- Goyal, S., Barooah, P., & Middelkoop, T. (2015). Experimental study of occupancy-based control of HVAC zones. Applied Energy, 140, 75-84. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2014.11.064
- Goyal, S., Ingley, H. A., & Barooah, P. (2013). Occupancy-based zone-climate control for energy-efficient buildings: Complexity vs. performance, Applied Energy, 106, 219-220.
- Jin, W., Rhie, M., Yeo, M., & Kim, K. (2004). A study on the individual room control of radiant floor heating system in apartment buildings, Journal of SAREK, 16(5), 426.
- Kang, I., Lee, D., Park, M., Shin, I., & Park, Y. (2000). A study on floor heating control method in apartment house, Journal of SAREK, 1254.
- Labeodan, T., Zeiler, W., Boxem, G., & Zhao, Y. (2015). Occupancy measurement in commercial office buildings for demand-driven control applications-A survey and detection system evaluation. Energy and Buildings, 93, 303-314. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.enbuild.2015.02.028
- Lee, J., & Park, C. (2008). Control strategies of hydronic radiant floor heating systems in a residential apartment building, Journal of Korean Institute of Architectural Sustainable Environment and Building Systems, 173-174.
- Lee, J., & Park, C. (2009). Energy saving potentials of radiant floor heating systems based on control strategies, Journal of The Korean Solar Energy Society, 29(1), 113-114.
- Lu, J., Sookoor, T., Srinivasan, V., Gao, G., Holben, B., Stankovic, J., Field, E., & Whitehouse, K. (2010). The smart thermostat: using occupancy sensors to save energy in homes, Proceedings of the 8th ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems, 212-213.
- Melfi, R., Rosenblum, B., Nordman, B., & Christensen, K. (2011). Measuring building occupancy using existing network infrastructure, In the 2011 International Green Computing Conference and Workshop, 2-3.
- Nam, D., & Han, H. (2008). Indoor positioning system using fingerprinting technique, The Journal of Korean Institute of Intelligent Transport Systems, 7(1), 2-5.
- Oh, H., & Kim, I. (2011). WiFi-based indoor localization using gaussian processes, Proceedings of KISS Korea Computer Congress, 38(1), 305-306
- Seok, H., Jin, W., Cho, Y., Kim, K., & Yeo, M. (2003). An evaluation on the thermal performance of the room control system for radiant floor heating, Journal of the Korean Housing Association, 14(5), 77-78.
- Shi, J., Li, X., Jung, H., Kim, J., & Shin, Y. (2014). Wi-Fi-based low-complexity floor number determination method based for multistory buildings. Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers A, 38.
- Yeo, M., & Kim, K. (1999). A study on the control methods of hydronic radiant floor heating system in apartment buildings, Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, 15(3), 121.
- Yeo, M., Jeong, C., & Kim, K. (1998). A comparative study on the control method of hydronic radiant floor heating in apartment buildings, Journal of SAREK, 1631.
Supported by : 한국연구재단