- Volume 29 Issue 5
A seismic reliability analysis of the jacket-type support structure for an offshore wind turbine was performed. When defining the limit state function using the dynamic response of the support structure, numerous dynamic calculations should be performedin an approach like the FORM (first-order reliability method). This causes a substantial increase in the analysis cost. Therefore, in this paper, a new reliability analysis approach using the static response is used. The dynamic effect of the response is considered by introducing a new parameter called the peak response factor (PRF). The probability distribution of the PRF could be estimated using the peak value of the dynamic response. The probability distribution of the PRF was obtained for a set of ground motions. A numerical example is considered to compare the proposed approach with the conventional static-response-based approach.
Offshore wind turbine;Support structure;Reliability analysis;Earthquake;Peak response factor;Response surface method;Jacket
- Bush, E., Manuel, L., 2009. Foundation Models for Offshore Wind Turbines. 47th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting Including the New Horizons Forum and Aerospace Exposition, Orlando, Florida, 1-7.
- Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries (MOF), 2005. Engineering Standards Commentaries Port and Harbor Facilities. Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries, Korea.
- Goyal, A., Chopra, A., 1989. Simplified Evaluation of Added Hydrodynamic Mass for Intake Wower. Journal of Engineering Mechanics, 115(7), 1393-1435. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9399(1989)115:7(1393)
- Hasofer, A.M., Line, L.C., 1974. Exact and Invariant Second Moment Code Format. Journal of the Engineering Mechanics Division, ASCE, 100, 111-121.
- Jonkman, J., Butterfield, S., Musial, W., Scoot, G., 2009. Definition of a 5-MW Reference Wind Turbine for Offshore System Development. NREL/TP-500-38060.
- Khuri, A.I., Cronell, J.A., 1987. Response Surfaces:Design and Analysis. Dekker, New York.
- Korea Road Association, 1992. The Technics of Road Design. 3, Korea Expressway Corporation, Gimcheon.
- Lee, S.G., Kim, D.H., 2011. Reliability Analysis of Pile Type Quaywall Using Response Surface Method. Journal of Korean Society of Coastal and Ocean Engineers, 23(6), 407-413. https://doi.org/10.9765/KSCOE.2011.23.6.407
- Lee, S.G., Kim, D.H., 2014. Reliability Analysis Offshore Wind Turbine Support Structure Under Extreme Ocean Environmental Loads. Journal of Korean Society of Coastal and Ocean Engineers, 26(1), 33-40. https://doi.org/10.9765/KSCOE.2014.26.1.33
- Rackwitz, R., Fiessler, B., 1978. Structural Reliability under Combined Random Load Sequences. Computers and Structures, 9(5), 489-494. https://doi.org/10.1016/0045-7949(78)90046-9
- Alfredo H-S. A., Wilson H. T., 2007. Probability Concepts in Engineering 2th: Emphasis on Applications to Civil and Environmental. Wiley, Hoboken, New jersey.
- American Petroleum Institute (API), 2007. Recommended Practice for Planning, Design and Constructing Fixed Offshore Platforms Working Stress Design. API Publishing Services.
- ANSYS Inc., 2009. ANSYS 12.0 User's Guide, Canonsburg, PA, USA.
- Scheuller, G.I., Bucher, C.G., Bourgund, U., Ouypornpasert, W., 1987. On Efficient Computational Schemes to Calculate Structural Failure Probabilities. Stochastic Structural Mechanics, U.S.-Austria Joint Seminar. 338-410.
- Yi, J,H., Kim, S,B., Yoon, G,L., Andersen, L,V., 2015. Influence of Pile-Soil Interaction on the Dynamic Properties of Offshore Wind Turbines Supported by Jacket Foundations. Proceedings of the 2015 International Ocean and Polar Engineering Conference, 21-26.
- Yoon, G.L., Kim, K.J., Kim, H.Y., 2013. Reliability Analysis of Monopile for a Offshore Wind Turbine Using Response Surface Method. Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, 33(6), 2401-2409. https://doi.org/10.12652/Ksce.2013.33.6.2401
- Yoon, G.L., Kim, S.B., Kwon, O.S., Yoo, M.S., 2014, Partial Safety Factor of Offshore Wind Turbine Pile Foundation in West-South Mainland Sea. Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, 34(5), 1489-1504. https://doi.org/10.12652/Ksce.2014.34.5.1489
- Zhang, J., Yugang, L., Higui, K., 2010. Application of DSI Techniques to Monopile Foundations of Offshore Wind Turbines Reliability Problems. the Electronic Journal of e-Geotechnical & Geoenvironmental Engineering, 15, 1-9.
- Seismic Reliability Analysis of Offshore Wind Turbine Jacket Structure Using Stress Limit State vol.30, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5574/KSOE.2016.30.4.260