- Volume 29 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Study on Damage Detection Method using Meta Model
메타모델을 이용한 손상추정 기법 연구
Min, Cheon-Hong;Cho, Su-Gil;Oh, Jae-Won;Kim, Hyung-Woo;Hong, Sup;Nam, Bo-Woo
- Received : 2015.08.26
- Accepted : 2015.10.22
- Published : 2015.10.31
This paper presents an effective damage detection method using a meta model. A meta model is an approximation model that uses the relations between the design and response variables. It eliminates the need for repetitive analyses of computationally expensive models during the optimization process. In this study, a response surface model was employed as the meta model. The surface model was estimated using the correlation of the stiffness and natural frequencies of the structures. The locations and values of the damages were identified using a meta model-based damage detection method. Two numerical examples (a cantilever beam and jacket structure) were considered to verify the performance of the proposed method. As a result, the damages to the structures were accurately detected.
Damage detection;Meta model;Structural health monitoring;Offshore structure;Response surface model
- Vandiver, J.K., 1975. Detection of structural failure on fixed platforms by measurement of dynamic response. Proceedings of the 7th Annual Offshore Technology Conference, 2267.
- Kim, S.R., Lee, J.W., Kim, B.K., Lee, J.S., 2012. Damage Estimation Method for Monopile Support Structure of Offshore Wind Turbin. Transactions of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, 22(7), 667-675. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2012.22.7.667
- Lee, J.M., Lee, T.H., 2010. Statistical Space-Time Metamodels Based on Multiple Responses Approach for Time-Variant Dynamic Response of Structures. Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers A, 34(8), 989-996. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2010.34.8.989
- Lee, S.Y., Kim, J.T., Yi, J.H., Kang, Y.K., 2009. Structural Health Monitoring of Harbor Caisson-type Structures using Harmony Search Method. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 23(1), 122-128.
- Lee, T.H., Jung, J.J., Hong, S., Kim, H.W., Choi, J.S., 2006. Statistical Analysis and Prediction for Behaviors of Tracked Vehicle Traveling on Soft Soil using Response Surface Methodology. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 20(3), 54-60.
- Min, C.H., Choi, J.S., Hong, S., Kim, H.W., Yeu, T.K., 2012. Damage Detection using Finite Element Model Updating. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 26(5), 11-17. https://doi.org/10.5574/KSOE.2012.26.5.011
- Min, J., Shim, H., Yun, C.B., Yi, J.H., 2011. Impedance-based Long-term Structural Health Monitoring for Tidal Current Power Plant Structure in Noisy Environments. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 25(4), 59-65. https://doi.org/10.5574/KSOE.2011.25.4.059
- Montgomery, D.C., 2007. Design and Analysis of Experiments. John Wiley & Sons Inc.
- Morris, M.D., Mitchell, T.J., 1995. Exploratory Designs for Computational Experiments. Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, 43(3), 381-402. https://doi.org/10.1016/0378-3758(94)00035-T
- Park, S.Y., Park, D.C., Kim, E.H., Kim, H.S., 2011. Damage Evaluation on a Jacket Platform Structure Using Modal Properties. Proceeding of the Twenty-first International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference, Maui, Hawaii, USA, 1, 245-250.
- Casciati, S., 2010. Statistical Approach to a SHM Benchmark Problems. Smart Structures and Systems, 6(1), 17-27. https://doi.org/10.12989/sss.2010.6.1.017
- Faravelli, L., Casciati, S., 2004. Structural Damage Detection and Localization by Response Change Diagnosis. Progress in Structural Engineering and Materials, 6, 104-115. https://doi.org/10.1002/pse.171
- Kim, J.T., Ryu, Y.S., Jung, S.O., Choo, S.H., 2000. Pattern Recognition of Modal Sensitivity for Structural Damage Identification of Truss Structure. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, 14(1), 80-87.
- Similarity-based Damage Detection in Offshore Jacket Structures vol.30, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5574/KSOE.2016.30.4.287