- Volume 29 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Redundant Architectural Design of Hydraulic Control System for Reliability Improvement of Underwater Construction Robot
수중건설로봇의 유압 제어 안정성 향상을 위한 이중화 설계
Lee, Jung-Woo;Park, Jeong-Woo;Suh, Jin-Ho;Choi, Young-Ho
- Received : 2015.07.09
- Accepted : 2015.10.22
- Published : 2015.10.31
In the development of an underwater construction robot, the reliability of the operating system is the most important issue because of its huge maintenance cost, especially in a deep sea application. In this paper, we propose a new redundant architectural design for the hydraulic control system of an underwater construction robot. The proposed architecture consists of dual independent modular redundancy management systems linked with a commercial profibus network. A cold standby redundancy management system consisting of a preprocessing switch circuit is applied to the signal network, and a hot standby redundancy management system is adapted to utilize two main controllers.
Redundancy design;Standby redundancy;Profibus DP;Hydraulic control;Underwater construction robot
- Gohil, S., Basavalingarajaiah, A., Ramachandran, V., 2011. Redundancy Management and Synchronization in Avionics Communication Products. Proceedings of Integrated Communications, Navigation and Surveillance Conference, C3-1-C3-8.
- Jang, I.S., Min, J.T., Do, H.J., Kim, M.J., 2014. Development Trends of Underwater Construction Robotics and R&D Strategies for Practical Use. Proceedings of the Annual Autumn Meeting of the Society of Unmanned Underwater Vehicle of Korea, 55-58.
- Lee, J.W., Park, J.W., Choi, Y.H., Suh, J.H., Kim, J.G., Lee, J.D., 2014. Load Prediction using Simultaneous Evaluation and Decision Method on the Track-based Underwater Robot Platform. Proceedings of the Annual Autumn Meeting of the Society of Unmanned Underwater Vehicle of Korea, 73-77.
- Moreno, J.C., Laloya, E.J., Navarro, J., 2006. Line Redundancy in MVB-TCN Devices: A Control Unit Design. Proceedings of Electrotechnical Conference, 789-794.
- Singh, S., Chary, V.M., Rahman, P.A., 2014. Dual Redundant Profibus Network Architecture in Hot Standby Fault Tolerant Control Systems. Proceedings of Advances in Engineering and Technology Research, 1-5.
- Implementation of Hovering AUV and Its Attitude Control Using PID Controller vol.30, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5574/KSOE.2016.30.3.221
- T—S Fuzzy Model-based Sampled-data Observer Design for Detecting Internal Oil Leakage in Single-rod Hydraulic Cylinder: LMI Approach vol.30, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5574/KSOE.2016.30.5.405